movie

First look at Ryan Gosling as Ken in Barbie

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dubstep111

I think he is too old to play Ken or something  he doesn’t really look that good…

He is a little too old for the role tbh. Ken is supposed to be in his like late 20s or early 30s right? Ryan is in his 40s...He looks great and I know the story is meant to be a little unorthodox etc but yeah...feels like bad casting move tbh

sarahb

It's not taking itself remotely seriously I love it :ladyhaha:

Also giving me major Freddie Prinze Jr vibes :laughga:

FFXIV WhiteMage

He is hot but we all know that the casts for Barbie should be younger in age. I mean it’s literally a toy brand for kids-teenagers 

edit: just read some article that it’ll be different from the the original franchise. Then I guess this casting is fair. He’s still hot though :ally:

thatfoxyfeeling
3 hours ago, Regina George said:

The fact that most of you don’t see how this is done on purpose and how this washed out 90s boy band look is actually what they went for is beyond me. :huntyga: Ken is a known egocentric flameboyant man who only thinks about his looks and is kinda behaving stereotypically gay whoch was always a running joke in a Barbie universe. This look perfectly summed it up. I love it. 

This. I think this Barbie movie is gonna be very polarising similar to Don’t Look Up, a satirical take on beauty standards and our society. 

androiduser

does anyone know if the movie is just mindless fun, or if it's more satirical and dark? The director, Greta Gerwig is also a serious director, she's been nominated for and Academy Awards her work as a director (once) and screenwriter (twice)

CautiousLurker

Me thinking he looks hot af and then reading all the comments 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611aa45ca7b7445bcfe5a

Helxig

Unpopular opinion but I'm actually liking this cheesy route they're taking. I hope the movie is more tongue-in-cheek and less serious

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

SEANGT
13 hours ago, CautiousLurker said:

Me thinking he looks hot af and then reading all the comments 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611aa45ca7b7445bcfe5a

it's just a horrible wig/hair job. You can't put a 40+ year old man in a wig like this lol. It looks insane. 

I wonder what all these haters will say when they see the other 2 Kens (and Barbie’s) in this movie

Moonlight on Water

I think this movie is going to be great.

she/her

Archived