💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Musicals are not always bright and funny

Meat

Featured Posts

elijahfan

Just mentioned Dancer In The Dark in another thread, and it’s literally the best example one can bring up in this conversation. I’m low-key convinced Joker will use songs in a very similar way. Plus, if Gaga works on the songs the same way Björk did back in the days, we’re in for quite an experience as fans.

Didn’t Gaga mention she’d love to write a musical at some point? Don’t want to get ahead of myself, but it seems like it’s happening.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Born This Way

This is definitely what I think some of it will be like

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

Sunny21
12 hours ago, Frank Potion said:

What I think is bothering people subconsciously is that Gaga is returning to music as if it’s a crutch. 2 of her 3 major films will be music related. 

Lol, no. Barbra Streisand did numerous musicals and musical drama films. Box office hits. Won an acting Oscar for a musical, too. 🙂

It bothers some monsters because as far as they're concerned, acting is a SIDE GIG for Gaga, just to WIN AWARDS.

It's not, lol. Acting is a JOB, just like making music... She gets paid! Bullet Train is no Oscar bait. 

Sooner or later she'll produce and act in her own movies, even write and direct. You never know.

she/her/hers

Omar Vela

I don't trust gays who don't like musicals (they are usually the ones who have ZERO TASTE in general)...
In my opinion I don't think it's gonna follow Sweeney Todd's route, neither Into the Woods, yup Sondheim is pretty dark but his musicals are more on the operistic side.

I think the route it's gonna take it's something almost 100% Cabaret and Dancing in the dark. Joker 1 was heavily inspired by Taxi  Driver and The King of Comedy. Maybe Todd's gonna follow that style. Just watch this scene from Cabaret, I can totally see somthing like this on a Joker Sequel... (But with the difference that the musical numbers happen inside his head)

Archived