Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Alice & Sour Candy are too short

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

Better Day
4 hours ago, r4therupbeat said:

not a very good example considering it was in the Guinness World record for being the longest song that went no.1:trollga: it did not start any trend and the length had nothing to do with its peak. 

Still, a 10 minute song when to #1 in the streaming era is a achievement no matter how you analyse it

Together You And I!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
r4therupbeat
1 hour ago, Miss Dolly said:

Still, a 10 minute song when to #1 in the streaming era is a achievement no matter how you analyse it

yeah not disputing that, however it had no impact and didn't change anything in the music industry. the thread is about Alice and SC being short which IS intentional because it is due to the attention span of the younger audience

Better Day
4 hours ago, r4therupbeat said:

yeah not disputing that, however it had no impact and didn't change anything in the music industry. the thread is about Alice and SC being short which IS intentional because it is due to the attention span of the younger audience

I argue different, since ATW (10 Mins) went to #1, it is obivious streamers do have attention spans. Kate Bush’s Running Up That Hill is 5 mins long and being streamed like crazy. It’s just the music industry have this wrapped thinking shorter songs does better on streaming platforms. 

Together You And I!

Alice deserves a sharper or bassier drum. It also deserves a big ass dance break.

Sour candy deserves to be on the cutting room floor. "I might be bad but I'm good" yawn. "Take a bite wink wink" yawn. Sampled beat YAWN.

If she was going to put a track on with that sound she should've sampled Livin' Joy's Don't stop moving.

Actually, Gaga couldve improved the sound on chromatica by taking inspiration from living joy a bit more on the 90s tracks. Especially Stupid Love & Sour Candy.

r4therupbeat
On 6/14/2022 at 7:11 PM, Miss Dolly said:

I argue different, since ATW (10 Mins) went to #1, it is obivious streamers do have attention spans. Kate Bush’s Running Up That Hill is 5 mins long and being streamed like crazy. It’s just the music industry have this wrapped thinking shorter songs does better on streaming platforms. 

I'm not disputing that 10 mins songs or whatever can go number one. I said why those 2 gaga songs are that short considering it's trendy. stay on topic

Edit: RUTH is an 80s song which went were it went success wise (besides being a great song) because of a Netflix TV show

Better Day
51 minutes ago, r4therupbeat said:

I'm not disputing that 10 mins songs or whatever can go number one. I said why those 2 gaga songs are that short considering it's trendy. stay on topic

Edit: RUTH is an 80s song which went were it went success wise (besides being a great song) because of a Netflix TV show

Both of the songs mentioned are album tracks. You forgot that 3 songs on Gaga’s debut album was under 3 minutes

Together You And I!

PartySick
On 6/12/2022 at 4:57 PM, WheresMy911Alice said:

Either that or the Bloodpop curse :samanthac:

I choose to believe this 'cause I still don't like him :samanthac:

OT: I feel like that's one reason why Chromatica sits so low on my Gaga album totem. It's obviously a "streaming friendly" album. Which sucks 'cause if they had actually put a little more meat on some of those tracks (coughandfiredbloodclotcough) it may have rivaled ARTPOP for me :noparty:

Like, Gaga. Mom. Don't be afraid to make LG7 an album full of songs instead of snippets, queen. Thanks :kiss:

🖤

PartySick
On 6/14/2022 at 2:26 PM, KORG said:

Sour candy deserves to be on the cutting room floor. "I might be bad but I'm good" yawn. "Take a bite wink wink" yawn. Sampled beat YAWN

Omg do you hate Sour Candy too? :enigma:

Come be a hater with me :whitney: the production on Chromatica was the biggest let down to me. As my last post said, there's no meat to a lot of those songs. It's too lean.

🖤

9 hours ago, PartySick said:

Omg do you hate Sour Candy too? :enigma:

Come be a hater with me :whitney: the production on Chromatica was the biggest let down to me. As my last post said, there's no meat to a lot of those songs. It's too lean.

:ladyhaha: Sour Candy is bratty sounding, no substance. I dont know how anyone could like it.

The production on the album was watery. The biggest let down was the drums being muted the entire way through. That's why the demos and remixes slapped harder. Whoever muted those drums needs their job shut down.

Archived