💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Could the Joker Rumor Be True?

RichAssPiss

Featured Posts

Ziggy
3 hours ago, Tyler1992 said:

I want Gaga to be in The Batman’s Gotham universe, it has so much potential to be so extremely grand. Particularly Poison Ivy..

I’m weary about a Todd Phillips directed film, he’s very hit or miss. Though if the script is good, and the right team is involved it might not be bad!

I can see Gaga taking Harley Quinn in a very interesting direction. The thing with comic book adaptations is the actors get HATED on prior to the release because they’ve grown attached to the previous actor. Once the film is released and the performance is seen, it usually is a complete 180. It happens time and time again. 

There were rumours that Gaga was intended for the first Joker movie, and Birds of Prey. I wouldn’t be surprised if Gaga is being sought after for a role in DC. I would imagine she is either waiting for the right script, director, character etc. I don’t think she’s in a rush to check DC off her bucket list. 

I don’t think Gaga feels above comic book films. I mean, she passed up playing Clea in the MCU, and that went to Charlize ****ing Theron! She’s so humble she would understand how incredible that is. 

sorry im rambling! But seeing Gaga in a comic book adaptation would allow me to go in peace.

I think she’d probably pick DC over marvel just given the commitment of one vs the other. I doubt she wants to be tied down to a. Franchise plus she has great relations with WB

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark

Welp made the mistake of looking at twitter. It's brutal, and idk some so called Gaga stans are running with the Gaga has beef with Margot bull as that just makes Gaga look bad. I swear stans are responsible for Gaga getting dragged more than people who dislike her half the time.

Then again, twt is being pretty brutal at the idea of a sequel in general. Comic book movie twitter is on par with the insanity of pop star twitter with quite a bit of misogyny.

*I really do think anyone who plays Emma Frost or Harley is going to get dragged for filth, as those are characters people are really attached to/comic book people strongly associate Margot with Harley. Jean Grey and Rogue is going to be contentious, too, when they finally redo the X Men films...Gaga would be a decent Emma, but if she's going to be in the X Men series I agree with those who think she'd be a better Dazzler (or I could see her as Jean more than Emma Frost, tbh).

LilyLark
43 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I think she’d probably pick DC over marvel just given the commitment of one vs the other. I doubt she wants to be tied down to a. Franchise plus she has great relations with WB

It's the tied down aspect that makes me think she won't commit unless it's a one off villain, a supporting role, or voice work. DC is less restrictive than Marvel, but they also set up pretty stringent contracts. And I honestly think any actress will stay away from playing Harley because there will be backlash.

*TBH, kind of surprised she apparently turned down Clea considering there's probably only go be one more film with Dr. Strange. And the Clea rumor was far more believable (Grace has her issues, but she knew about Clea before people even knew she would be in the film) than Joker, as Deux Moi just runs a lot of fake stuff while Grace (despite people giving her sh*t) is an actual credentialed journalist. She defn. turned down Birds of Prey (Variety reported on that) and there were some pretty strong rumors from film journalists who break casting that she was going to be associated with Guardians, but nothing seemed to come of that. 

Pennywise

I don't want Gaga to be connected to neckbeard movies no thank u :bear:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Ziggy
1 hour ago, LilyLark said:

It's the tied down aspect that makes me think she won't commit unless it's a one off villain, a supporting role, or voice work. DC is less restrictive than Marvel, but they also set up pretty stringent contracts. And I honestly think any actress will stay away from playing Harley because there will be backlash.

*TBH, kind of surprised she apparently turned down Clea considering there's probably only go be one more film with Dr. Strange. And the Clea rumor was far more believable (Grace has her issues, but she knew about Clea before people even knew she would be in the film) than Joker, as Deux Moi just runs a lot of fake stuff while Grace (despite people giving her sh*t) is an actual credentialed journalist. She defn. turned down Birds of Prey (Variety reported on that) and there were some pretty strong rumors from film journalists who break casting that she was going to be associated with Guardians, but nothing seemed to come of that. 

Yeah it seems like Gaga is being VERY choosy because she recognizes the equity she currently has as an actress. People know she’s good. People want to see her. She’s in an interesting spot where if she picks something too “fun” it’s seen as a step back (because of machete kills and sin city) but too serious and she pigeon holes herself as the singer turned actress who doesn’t do anything less than Oscar bait.

I think Joker could be a good fit but hopefully not as Harley. It would be weird af for DC to have two live action Harley Quinns going at once when they’ve yet to REALLY nail the first in a film (Margot is great as the character, her film appearances so so; lots of unrealized potential imo but the recent SS got pretty close).

I think Gaga should take a cue from Lupita Nyongo who chose Star Wars after 12 years a slave. It was a role that didn’t really do much to further her career despite the check. If I were Gaga, I’d be looking at it that way. What’s a role that’s GREAT, is a solid check, won’t tie her down too much, and has some element of creative control. 

AkariGaga
5 hours ago, JaysAMess said:

Joker was a masterpiece and it doesn't need a sequel. 

This , not everything have to have a sequel

Reality
9 hours ago, JaysAMess said:

Joker was a masterpiece and it doesn't need a sequel. 

The reason why I have a little more faith in this sequel compared to others is because I think Todd Phillips and Joaquin Phoenix are self-aware enough to understand that this just can't be any ordinary sequel. Phoenix is not a franchise actor, by any stretch of the imagination, so for him to return means that he must really believe in the script. That's not to say the movie is infallible, but I think they understand the optics of it all. Joker was so different and unique, so they need an equally compelling and interesting sequel.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

Night Vision

I really hope so. The first movie was a masterpiece, and I genuinely think Gaga is perfect for the role of Harley Quinn. It's going to be different from Margot's portrayal of Harley, in the same way that Joaquin's portrayal of the Joker was different to Jared's current incarnation. The Joker film was an origin story, so a film that explores the beginnings of the Joker and Harley's relationship would be brilliant. I also think DC is much more suited to Gaga than Marvel, as it is commercial but more dark and artistic. I'm here for it.

EGOT2027

i will say, i have followed the account that broke this news (deuxmoi) for ages, and they have been right about sooooooo many things

(article about it here)

G U C C I

Given that Joker was so far removed from any comic book movie made before it with the emphasis on mental health I think Gaga would definitely consider being in this film if offered the chance. Also, people are talking about how this film doesn't need a sequel but Joker opened sooo many new and interesting doors for the characters to be seen from a different angle. They don't have to be CGI, full-on villains with basic backgrounds. If this movie does have HQ in it I would LOVE to see Gaga playing her. Margot is great in the role but diving into the dirty and real mental health issues and struggles of portraying a woman who loses her mind could be amazing. My only hope is that Gaga doesn't do what she has in the past and drags her old demons and trauma to the surface to play this character. If she does though I hope she has learned how to use them for her benefit and not let them affect her current mental health because she seems happier and healthier than ever. 

EGOT2027

regardless, i really really really need her next role in movie or tv to be announced already!!

RichAssPiss
2 hours ago, EGOT2027 said:

the press tour will be so insufferable/epic/cringe/amazing

That's what I am saying. I don't know that the role exists. But if it does, it seems so up her alley to go method on set with Joaquin Phoenix in a sequel to an Oscar winning film and talk for months about she lived as the character. I can see her saying yes to this.

Gagaplayer315

If she's going to do a comic book movie it better be at the MCU :nails:

EGOT2027

oh wow with the announcement making this movie official coming out yesterday, i'm starting to see lots of harley quinn casting speculation all over twitter. i feel as though we'll know who it is one way another within a month

Archived