💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga is our last generation's true artist with class

Featured Posts

Fanta
18 hours ago, Lucas said:

I will 100% agree except for the last 2 years and Chromatica. Ariana Grande, Blackpink, Max Martin and Bloodpop were all 100% strategic choices. Her performing for big companies, the sponsored ads on her Insta, Haus Labs and its recent rebranding showing investors are the ones taking decisions and not really Gaga herself, coming on Twitter to talk to fans only when she has stuff to sell... But the remaining points are true :happy:

And there we go. I rest my case.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KORG
19 hours ago, Lucas said:

I will 100% agree except for the last 2 years and Chromatica. Ariana Grande, Blackpink, Max Martin and Bloodpop were all 100% strategic choices. Her performing for big companies, the sponsored ads on her Insta, Haus Labs and its recent rebranding showing investors are the ones taking decisions and not really Gaga herself, coming on Twitter to talk to fans only when she has stuff to sell... But the remaining points are true :happy:

You dont think Mark Ronson, Beck & Tony Bennett were strategic choices?

Spoiler: they were.

Wet Fire
2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Mhmm those, to me, felt like, strategic in the sense of “ok I’m going this direction but it’s really not my forest; who are some people here we can tap to help?” but not so much to help her business credibility. I think it did by the time Joanne was doing the press junkets, but it doesn’t feel it started that way because it isn’t like Gaga needs them to boost her profile or drive album sales or streams lol

now Beyoncé on TFM? BP on Chromatica? Flo Rida on TF? R Kelly on ARTPOP? Even doing C2C. It had been talked about for ages but I think what finally made them pull the trigger and do it was a little bit business strategic. She def wanted to release an album with him, but what really compelled them (as super busy people who get distracted with other things easily) to move the project along? A risky business move imo All of those have an air of conscious business intent to them even if the songs themselves are by no means equal in quality lmao and let’s call it like it is, we know she’ll do this as she nearly did putting Robin Thicke onto Sexxx Dreams and working with Azealia Banks.

No shame in saying Gaga is a business woman and the industry is her business lol 

Yes I mean her first album is literally called The Fame and many criticts and analysts have commended Gaga for being a good at the 'game' of fame. She's studied celebrity culture and the music industry like very few other.

I also like how some of her best collabs worked out by featuring instrumental performances. Clarence Clemons, Brian May were very interesting choices for collabs.

NATAH

ngl if this were true.... Joanne wouldn't be so watered down :samanthac:

she's a popstar at the end of the day, her whole point is to sell her name and product to as many people as possible. luckily, she at least makes it interesting and has an artistic intention behind it but a lot of what we get will be watered down and stripped so it appeals to the masses

she for sure isn't a soulless hit chaser but she loves money and being rich, she loves the upsides of being a pop star enough to accept the downsides.

if she wants to truly make her own art come to life without a major label forcing her to compromise her vision, she'll need to either start her own label or go independant

mother, what must i do?

StressedOut

Gaga by and large is still influenced by charts and sales lol, it's kinda silly to think otherwise. I do think she brings a lot more to the table artistically than most popstars, but to say she's the only one would be a lie. Her success and talent is what gives her the platform and opportunity to be "weird".

There are so many artists doing it for the arts not the charts.

MelbHawker

I think this concept of ‘true artist’ is a bit of an illusion. There are millions of artists who go about their art, be it music or another medium, every day. What makes them less of an artist?

Gaga is a rare example of an artist who has accomplished extraordinary success with her work - she exploded onto the music scene & had the entire industry by the neck at one point in time - the industry has completely changed since then, & she’s had to change with it in order to - & don’t come for me - stay ‘popular’. Her success with ASIB was other worldly, very reminiscent of early 2010’s Gaga, but musically no-one in this fan base can deny that in her pop releases, she has used collabs to win commercially (Ariana, Blackpink etc.). I don’t why people view it as something inferior - I’m all for collaborations when the end result is as good as Rain On Me is. Commercial success is a must for an artist like her - her label needs it to keep investing in & funding her. 

Ziggy
1 hour ago, Wet Fire said:

Yes I mean her first album is literally called The Fame and many criticts and analysts have commended Gaga for being a good at the 'game' of fame. She's studied celebrity culture and the music industry like very few other.

I also like how some of her best collabs worked out by featuring instrumental performances. Clarence Clemons, Brian May were very interesting choices for collabs.

Yeah was thinking of Clarence because on the one hand you can get basically any saxophonist but on the other hand, to be able to say you got Bruce springsteen’s saxophonist adds a LOT of credence and credibility to your song. I think there’s a nice mix of creative desire as well as business opportunity

BlingNotTheMusic

I agree with everything. Except...

I just wish she would represent for the LGBTQ+ community like she used to. Free Woman and Babylon specifically could have been moments. Not to mention it's pride month

Naak Le Vaar
23 hours ago, Lucas said:

No to all that. Except Haus Labs. I feel like we will never escape CorporateGa. 

Lmao they blocked my signature

Agunimon

Time to get out of the mpg hivemind. Yikes. Not to discredit her since obviously I’m a fan of hers but to say such a sweeping thing is really silly. 

Archived