đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga is our last generation's true artist with class

Featured Posts

Guillaume Hamon
15 hours ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

I said doing them to get to number 1 is tacky, and u know the difference

I mean she had bad Bunny sending things for chromatica and she didn't use his verses when he's probably the biggest stream magnet around.

Yeah she uses big names like blackpink smartly indeed but she still selects so it's not like if she was desperate-looking or something. ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monstrosity

Imagine if she listened to little managers, she’ll have the same career as Nicki Minaj 

monstrosity

That’s why I stan her, her artistic integrity and purpose is greater than anything 

The Fame

Disagree only in that there ARE other artists out there with integrity. Like...literally tons of them.

SevenAteNine
4 hours ago, COOOK said:

There's this video I can't find that goes into detail as to why Gaga is our generation's last superstar, now where is it

oh yeah ive seen it but i also cant find it...

RIP 9.

Wet Fire
4 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Girl…she didn’t even meet Blackpink and the song was already written. It was a strategic collab. That’s okay. How genuine a collab could that one of SFA have been if she didn’t even sit in the same room as them? Elton did SFA as a favor to her as she was doing a song originally for him, not a “genuine collab”; they’ve done that before and you can tell the difference tbh

The album features were, frankly, not that different than the Dawn of chromatica remixes and features. Again, that’s very very okay. They sound great.

All I'm saying is Chromatica collabs aren't as different from previous collabs as some people are trying to prove. Just Dance was written for PCD and then Colby joined when it was already written and Akon couldn't lend his voice due to some issues. I'm okay with people stating facts, but I do not like it when people weaponize this idea of Gaga being not 'involved' with Chromatica by using these arguments. Not all collabs Gaga made in her career were written in the same room as the featured artists. And that's okay. So there's no need to think every pre-Chromatica collab with producers and artists were done 'genuinely' and that Chromatica is different.

skedaddleBItCh
8 hours ago, Lucas said:

I will 100% agree except for the last 2 years and Chromatica. Ariana Grande, Blackpink, Max Martin and Bloodpop were all 100% strategic choices. Her performing for big companies, the sponsored ads on her Insta, Haus Labs and its recent rebranding showing investors are the ones taking decisions and not really Gaga herself, coming on Twitter to talk to fans only when she has stuff to sell... But the remaining points are true :happy:

**** your so-called strategic choice. Why are you filtering out when she did the good things tf, like when performing for One World, raising awareness for mental health, doing Jazz with Tony one more time, her writing Chromatica as a whole being hard for her because it's literally about her trauma and her pain but still being regarded as a "100% strategic choice"? Bloodpop producing the album makes sense because he already had his hands on her previous albums. 

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭

Ziggy
1 hour ago, Wet Fire said:

All I'm saying is Chromatica collabs aren't as different from previous collabs as some people are trying to prove. Just Dance was written for PCD and then Colby joined when it was already written and Akon couldn't lend his voice due to some issues. I'm okay with people stating facts, but I do not like it when people weaponize this idea of Gaga being not 'involved' with Chromatica by using these arguments. Not all collabs Gaga made in her career were written in the same room as the featured artists. And that's okay. So there's no need to think every pre-Chromatica collab with producers and artists were done 'genuinely' and that Chromatica is different.

Oh yeah no I don’t see them as any different than Akon or Flo Rida or Walé :) hell, even Beyoncé tbh

i actually don’t think Gaga collabs in “genuine” ways very often. Joanne feels like maybe the only time with Florence and Beck, and it’s not a dig, but her collabs typically have a highly strategic edge to them—that’s why they’re so few and far between. She is very choosy strategically which is totally fine and cool.

Wet Fire
2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Oh yeah no I don’t see them as any different than Akon or Flo Rida or Walé :) hell, even Beyoncé tbh

i actually don’t think Gaga collabs in “genuine” ways very often. Joanne feels like maybe the only time with Florence and Beck, and it’s not a dig, but her collabs typically have a highly strategic edge to them—that’s why they’re so few and far between. She is very choosy strategically which is totally fine and cool.

Yes I think you're right. With also Father John Misty, along with Beck and Florence.

tomsches

Are you guys being serious? Gaga and Lana are the last true artists? I disagree with everything in the OP. There are literally millions of artists with integrity etc. of course if you only listen to the billboard top 10 those artists are harder to find. 

Gaga as some sort of artisitc saint looking down on the rest ? No. She doesn't live in an attic surviving on beans on toast. She makes her art and then she sells her art, and she is serious about both. Has she ever even been in the same room as BP ? Sour Candy is there to tap into the Kpop market. Is that tacky ? I don't know, I couldn't care less, and I don't skip the song when I listen to Chromatica.

Is she strategic ? Of course she is. Have a look at 5'2". She's strategizing all the way. Look at her reaction immediately after the halftime show when Bobby tells her MR has gone to number 1. There's nothing wrong with that. If she wasn't a fighter as well as an artist, we'd never have heard of her.

Ziggy
5 hours ago, Wet Fire said:

Yes I think you're right. With also Father John Misty, along with Beck and Florence.

Mhmm those, to me, felt like, strategic in the sense of “ok I’m going this direction but it’s really not my forest; who are some people here we can tap to help?” but not so much to help her business credibility. I think it did by the time Joanne was doing the press junkets, but it doesn’t feel it started that way because it isn’t like Gaga needs them to boost her profile or drive album sales or streams lol

now Beyoncé on TFM? BP on Chromatica? Flo Rida on TF? R Kelly on ARTPOP? Even doing C2C. It had been talked about for ages but I think what finally made them pull the trigger and do it was a little bit business strategic. She def wanted to release an album with him, but what really compelled them (as super busy people who get distracted with other things easily) to move the project along? A risky business move imo All of those have an air of conscious business intent to them even if the songs themselves are by no means equal in quality lmao and let’s call it like it is, we know she’ll do this as she nearly did putting Robin Thicke onto Sexxx Dreams and working with Azealia Banks.

No shame in saying Gaga is a business woman and the industry is her business lol 

Sneaky Oliver

I think that's because Gaga is a musician first, she has been a musician her whole life. Other "artists" got into the music industry to become famous celebs or because they look cute on camera. Also, despite coming from a rich family and all that, Gaga has had a very hard life and it made her a lot humble. She has always been kind but she was not *AS MUCH* kind and humble way back then as she is now after everything she has been through

I’m on my Legacy Act era

pachinko
18 hours ago, TasteLikeWhiskey said:

Why is this the last generation?  :partysick:

Because the world is ending :cryga:

TasteLikeWhiskey
19 minutes ago, pachinko said:

Because the world is ending :cryga:

BQJ4Nt.gif

I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong

Archived