💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Innovation @ TCB

KORG

Featured Posts

KORG

This one thing has irked me a bit over a couple of tours, that tech innovation hasn't played a bigger role since TFB really. Even though Gaga was all about "new technology and pushing boundaries".

DJ's live shows are filled with amazing visual effects, beat-drop synchronisation with visuals, interesting staging etc.. but Gaga's has been kept a bit.. art's & crafts.

Even the superbowl, which was incredible, didn't have any innovative effects. It is all getting a bit back-to-basics for Gaga's performance staging.

I hope HOPE that TCB puts an end to that & we finally get some epic visuals for an album that really demands it.

For instance, during the SFA beat drops, use the lighting to make it appear that we're flying through a vortex with the speed and flashes of light matched to the music.. and during HMH, if she performs it, "you can cry" then there's that big drum hit, that is a perfect opportunity to use audience lighting as it's an obvious singalong ballad, and MTN as it drops, use fire holograms to make everything look like its in a fireball..

Idk, im not a tech innovator, but just going off what I've seen at festivals & other people's shows.. including the bowie tribute tech which had potential but didn't go anywhere.. I just think..  I've seen her 5 times in different settings, festival, arena, stadium & smaller venue and I just think it's time for some real innovation, especially with an album like this and a full stadium tour.

Does anyone agree or am I just not in sync with the current vibe of Gaga?

Starmie25

The visuals for 'Enigma' were some of her best, but sadly her fans would rather hawk on for years about a corny blue wig. 

Juanlittlem

I mean, I don't think I'd complain about what Gaga has done on her tours. Like it's always so visually pleasing and while it might not be "innovative" it's cool. The piano at the Joanne that had rays of lights from each key she played? That was beautiful, the use of the catwalks was cool and a shock to people who never saw videos/pics before their show.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

PlayGaga

So the Joanne World Tour Stage already had some innovations. The movable upper stage parts, which were illuminated by Intel Mapping Projectors. And that exactly no matter in which position they were. Plus the movable main stage, which could be moved in many different positions. Or the piano with the individual luminous strips for each note. I had never seen anything like it before. Especially not as a transportable stage, which can be moved to another place within a few hours.

I am absolutely sure that the stage for the Chromatica Ball will be very decorative (similar to the BWT Ball stage) and that there will also be a lot of technology. Water effects and fire effects can also be used very well here.

Lady Gaga relies on the company TaitTowers for all her big stages and I think that this will also be the case this time.

The lighting design came from LeRoy Bennett all the last times. Both, for individual performances like the Super Bowl and Grammys 2019 as well as the Enigma Stage and the Joanne World Tour.

We can be really excited and I don't think we'll be disappointed. She puts a lot of attention on the stage design. You could already see that in the stories a few days before the first performance on the Enigma Stage.

Roronoa

Chromatica deserves all the best, it’s her most fun album since TF+TFM. 

julz

Im kinda sure some tech innovation OR something that is not usually seen in a concert stage...will be done. We are talking about Gaga who has been obsessed with Tech ever since. 

My dream for TCB is to make wonderful orchestrated use of lighting, lots of it.

Drones too, and fireworks...considering stadium setup. For the stage, maybe holograms...or this:

ROM?

Even if we have these cool tech on stage...what matters most still is that Gaga is the highlight of the show...her talent, stage presence, her connection with the concert goers. I mean, people will equally remember and be satisfied with the TCB setup and Gaga. 

Fresco
3 hours ago, KORG said:

DJ's live shows are filled with amazing visual effects, beat-drop synchronisation with visuals, interesting staging etc.. but Gaga's has been kept a bit.. art's & crafts.

Even the superbowl, which was incredible, didn't have any innovative effects. It is all getting a bit back-to-basics for Gaga's performance staging.

I hope HOPE that TCB puts an end to that & we finally get some epic visuals for an album that really demands 

She did include thousands of flying drones in the superbowl show, and slid down from the rafters, which was innovative for the superbowl.

Live rock concerts are traditionally known for being spontaneous, where rock bands have taken a 3 minute studio song and played it for 10 minutes at a live concert with a live spontaneous improvising band. Pop shows not nearly so much spontaneous because of dance choreography, which is a huge visual element.

Video being all sync'd up to the millisecond with a digital graphics display is better done in a music video.

There are music software apps that turn music into visuals. I suppose that could be visually interesting and the software would draw graphics for the live feed. But then there are people that would hate it because they could do the same in thier own bedroom on a computer. Software generated colors/shapes might be funny/appropriate for Alice if that's the way they want to go with it, because of the wonderland apect.

I like lazers lights and pyro at shows too. The large screens are essential for closeups.  That isn't really innovative anymore tho, imo. It makes a good show, doesn't have to be never seen before. Lots of people will be going to their first big concert. People's previous experiences will vary greatly.

I do agree that the TCB shows will need a big visual element for the people in stadium seats, where she will be the size of an ant compared to a person's thumb. The bass beats arrive seconds after the vocals and all of the sound is slower than the video visuals. 🤣 It's just physics. Don't expect anything to be sync'd perfectly if you are in stadium seats.

Tho, country music concert viewers often just get a band onstage and nothing else, even for the biggest of audiences. Expectations vary. Shows like American Idol are training people to want nothing but great vocals. No visuals, no choeo, no audience interaction. 🤣 Just buy the cd and listen to it at home in a dark room. 🤣 Then pretend to be at home in a dark room at a live concert. 🤣

Allan

As someone who's very into stage design, I believe she always innovates on her tours, but not always technology-wise, sometimes it's the little things like the asymmetrical transparent design for the catwalks at the artRAVE or the giant castle for the BTWB, which by its construction is not really innovative, but the fact that it was incorporated on a world tour for a pop act is.

And the thing about her tours is that she often goes the opposite way of what we're expecting, I mean, who would've guessed the JWT stage would look like that? For the TCB she could go with the album aesthetics, like those gooey distorted elements in the VMA performance or a completely different way like the 911 video, but I do believe we're gonna see brand new stuff and I hope they don't do the box stage design like the other stadium/field shows she played.

CatelynnMarie

I’m glad you brought this up. We’ve had some cool innovations in some tour’s past, and Enigma had some awesome tech stuff from what I saw through videos, but it’s not as heavily spoken about or a huge thing of importance it seems anymore. I’m hoping we get some really cool projection mapping as well as wristbands or something for everyone in the crowd kinda like Coldplay where there’s just thousands upon thousands of lights around the stadium. I know the wristband thing isn’t new, but I still hope for it. I watch Coldplay videos from stadium tours and it’s absolutely magical. Upgraded lasers/ lights/ led screens are a definite of what I’d want to see. With TCB, they could do something really badass and I’m hoping it happens. There’s so much lore that’s there, not really explained much, in the universe of Chromatica, so much to work with, and I hope we get to see that with really incredible technology involved. It deserves 

bluemonkey

Yeah but Gaga started out as an arts and crafts girl it’s what made her unique. The first Monsterball tour was very DIY. It’s just like her transformation at the met gala, she can be as fancy and glammed up but still in the end come back to her roots. 

8 hours ago, KORG said:

Arts & crafts made me chuckle. I haven't ever been to a Gaga concert, but from what I've seen on video I suspect you hit the nail on the head. I actually like that though. There's a whiff of organized chaos about her, a slightly goofy vibe, and it looks like fun.

ChicaSkas
2 hours ago, bluemonkey said:

Yeah but Gaga started out as an arts and crafts girl it’s what made her unique. The first Monsterball tour was very DIY. It’s just like her transformation at the met gala, she can be as fancy and glammed up but still in the end come back to her roots. 

Rhinestones and hairspray at the Fame Ball shows and the SGB Band shows :giveup:

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

KORG

What I'm getting at is... she's a generational megastar. A living legend in anyone's book, and her big headline selling point is that she is incredible live & on tour, but she hasn't done "Glass Spider", "360", etc with an epic eye-wateringly good visual.

I just want her to have a water-cooler-moment with the tour.

I agree with the post above about wristbands or radio operated glowsticks for example. 

Laser tunnels on runways & stuff. Just... something we haven't seen.

The JWT was great and all but other than the moving platforms & bridges  the rest wasn't eye catching. The piano, for example, didn't really catch my eye at first til it was mentioned.

Depends on the stage though, I guess.

Imagine if the stage is the moving platforms from JWT laid out as one huge Runway the entire width of the stadium + 2 catwalks. The stage is stage/screen/effects all in one 

lilelectra
12 hours ago, KORG said:

For instance, during the SFA beat drops, use the lighting to make it appear that we're flying through a vortex with the speed and flashes of light matched to the music.. and during HMH, if she performs it, "you can cry" then there's that big drum hit, that is a perfect opportunity to use audience lighting as it's an obvious singalong ballad, and MTN as it drops, use fire holograms to make everything look like its in a fireball..

not trying to be shady i promise but maybe im not catching ur drift, ur concepts sound extremely basic and for someone who has seen gaga "5 times" how haven't u noticed her continuous innovation.. like.. the joanne world tour literally had 3 platforms and a b stage to travel around the entire arena with flying catwalks that flipped over into visual screens, 3 tilting catwalks with visual screens and leds, fireworks, and flamethrowers that split into another 3 catwalks.. and the main stage had stairs come up that connected to the flying catwalks.. i mean.. that's just 1 tour alone!

maybe you need to rewatch the tours and have someone outline all the crazy-never before seen- things gaga has done. or watch from a crowd view, enigma was literally insane! u also mentioned glass spider tour.. thats a bit arts and crafty dont you think? what do u think the spider was made of? lol 

Archived