"Bros" - a gay rom-com

COOOK

Featured Posts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NATAH
9 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Another gay film that makes it look like being gay is all about ogres, every relationship is polyamory and it’s all just about bum sex. 

So boring, so tired, and ultimately damaging to a community that is seen as ‘perverted’. 

i thought i was being prudish or silly cus this was my initial reaction too and i didn't wanna say anything but i'm glad to see someone else share the same opinion :green: 

of course all the guys in the sex scene look like p*rn stars too :green:

mother, what must i do?

badfaith
18 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Another gay film that makes it look like being gay is all about ogres, every relationship is polyamory and it’s all just about bum sex. 

So boring, so tired, and ultimately damaging to a community that is seen as ‘perverted’. 

This is why I kinda like Single All The Way, it is just a horrible Hallmark-like Christmas movie, but replace the straight couple with a gay couple. It is normalizing queer relationships in a way. Of course, I know there were some stereotypes still in there but that's a trope with this horrible movies, there is cliches.

Levine

The scene where Billy kisses the guy and there are two guys under him it's horrible, like pretty terrible.

hieronymus

This is exactly like the tacky gay movies like the Eating Out movies and Another Gay Movie movies from the early-mid 2000s. Gross.

2School4Cool
55 minutes ago, NATAH said:

but where is the movie for us social anxiety gays?

True! Every gay movie makes it seem like it’s just so easy for gay men to be surrounded by other gay men to be with and most of the gay people I know can’t relate lol, we need a movie from that perspective too

See The Best In Everyone

NATAH
1 minute ago, 2School4Cool said:

True! Every gay movie makes it seem like it’s just so easy for gay men to be surrounded by other gay men to be with and most of the gay people I know can’t relate lol, we need a movie from that perspective too

exactly :messga: give me my gay person in their 20s who hates alcohol, nightlife and hookup culture representation please!

mother, what must i do?

badfaith
13 minutes ago, 2School4Cool said:

I think this stems from the fact that most gay people has and still derive and learn of queer relationships thru p*rn. I know it is whiny to criticize the amount of gay representation in the media when bi, lesbian, and trans representation is basically non-existent BUT when I saw Heartstopper I couldn't stop but wonder how different I would be, what I would watch, or how I act, when I had this as a gay kid. There is a hook-up culture in gay relationships that is much more intense and fast-paced compared to straight relationships. Like, I use to think hooking up is like a first step or the only step to having a relationship. Or maybe, we are just too h*rny cuz bi, lesbians, and trans people I see has no problem with this :billie:

Roronoa
3 minutes ago, badfaith said:

I think this stems from the fact that most gay people has and still derive and learn of queer relationships thru p*rn. I know it is whiny to criticize the amount of gay representation in the media when bi, lesbian, and trans representation is basically non-existent BUT when I saw Heartstopper I couldn't stop but wonder how different I would be, what I would watch, or how I act, when I had this as a gay kid. There is a hook-up culture in gay relationships that is much more intense and fast-paced compared to straight relationships. Like, I use to think hooking up is like a first step or the only step to having a relationship. Or maybe, we are just too h*rny cuz bi, lesbians, and trans people I see has no problem with this :billie:

I wish I had Heartstopper growing up.

VTV

Im so happy for Billy!

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Nathan
1 hour ago, Nao tem said:

Shrek says hi!

I didn’t know if the word was on the naughty list. 

Sorry Zaddy Shrek 

Sepsami

Yay another movie where being gay is the only part of their identity, idc if it's satire or a parody. It's boring and overdone 

Archived