Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Top Gun: Maverick has earned $248M WW

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

Jack3257
8 hours ago, Economy said:

I say the next week is make or break it for the song. If we don't start to see substantial improvements in the songs ascention rate soon it's pretty much a given it will fail to take off into anything more than a barely moderate hit

Tho if we can take some comfort... One Republics song is doing even worse :billie:

I think the song might blow up around award season since it could definitely have Oscar potential (and haha OneRepublic is in my top 5 artists/bands, but no one expected a blowout hit from them).

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
8 hours ago, Jack3257 said:

I think the song might blow up around award season since it could definitely have Oscar potential (and haha OneRepublic is in my top 5 artists/bands, but no one expected a blowout hit from them).

That's 6 months away tho. I'm not sure a song that has some momentum already would last that long

Jack3257
1 hour ago, Economy said:

That's 6 months away tho. I'm not sure a song that has some momentum already would last that long

The difference is that the song is from a film.  As a result, Gaga will be promoting it way more before voting begins.

• ThisGuyTony changed the title to Top Gun: Maverick has earned $116.5M WW
Morphine Prince

The first Top Gun is so mediocre.

Is this one actually good? 

Bradley

She doesn't need to do 10 Hold My Hand performances. She just needs to do one at a high-profile platform, and then it can sustain the hype til maybe award season. Then she can revive it again slightly before the Oscars.

It gives the impression that she's not overpromoting but also not completely neglecting it. I hope Bobby has something planned for the song.

ChicaSkas
19 hours ago, pachinko said:

Gaga!  :firega:

Can you imagine if she had a cameo in it.... it would be even more 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Bradley
5 minutes ago, ChicaSkas said:

Can you imagine if she had a cameo in it.... it would be even more 

Given her personality she would probably take piloting courses and cancel TCB for "scheduling conflict"...

MelbHawker
22 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

The first Top Gun is so mediocre.

Is this one actually good? 

It’s beyond good - it’s spectacular. 

• ThisGuyTony changed the title to Top Gun: Maverick has earned $248M WW
ThisGuyTony

Movie has now earned $248M.

“Globally the film has earned $248 million so far, according to Paramount, which said that 55% of the US total came from ticket buyers over age 35.”

Archived