Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' has officially ended

COOOK

Featured Posts

About time, even though she's an icon, sometimes things doors need to close in order to open a new one.

NewUsername

Say what you want about her and/or the show, but it's iconic and has been important in the LGBTQ+ movement.

Pop Music

The Ellen Show will forever be a cultural touchstone to the early 2000s and 2010s 

I have so many incredible memories of interviews with guests as well as particular non famous guests like Lisa Jarmon who she was able to build a house for, Gladys the old woman from Texas (who I still can't figure out if she was real or not) that Ellen would talk to on the phone (she's the "I Love Jesus But I Drink.A Little woman") , or even Jeanie the woman who she had come to the show after being a fan and ended up giving her a job 

So many iconic moments over the year and i'm sad to see it come to a close 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

dutchyguy

Its sad to see it ending, but who knows what she'll come up with in the future! She has opened up a lot of doors for the LGTBQ community, no denying that.

Alfonso

Sad that it ended, no matter what happened... It was a cool show I wished I could've attended (especially the special christmas episodes when she gifted amazing things every day :bradley:)

It's also a shame gaga wasn't a guest again 

chromaticainmyhead

I wish people showed more empathy towards her before they decided to quit the show. She may be a shitty person but it was a milestone for queer visibility on a global scale so I'm asking was it worth it that we've lost such an important show?

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

Squidward T
3 hours ago, beli8 said:

So bittersweet to see it come to an end. I remember when it first started. Queerness was still a pretty taboo topic on TV. I didnt even know I was gay yet, but I always loved and admired her as one of the pioneers to help the message of acceptance. Even before the show, I was a big fan of her stand up routine and acting. So to have her on tv every week day, just having fun with her guests and the audience, was so much fun! Whatever went on these last few years, I hope was not anything intentional on her part (it just doesnt seem like it would have been) nor from anyone on her team. And if anyone was at fault I hope they've learned a lesson and have grown. I think she's just ready to move on to other things though after having done this for so long. Its hard to let something so familiar like this go but I imagine she's also looking forward to new opportunities, and to resting/relaxing!

One of my all time favorite moments on her show was Kristen Bell and the sloth lol I always go back to watch it, and I quote so much of it in my daily life ha:

I didnt laugh

OhHenny2020

Poor people who can’t see passed headlines and how much good she did for gay visibility. Criss Angel Wow GIF by DefyTV

CooterFritter

She was a toxic person bts and cultured a toxic work environment. That’s not a good look for us tbh.

Not The Real Gaga
15 hours ago, Lucas said:

100% agreed! Do we know if she is retiring or will she be working on some new projects?

I'm sure she will be part of some new projects.

SEANGT

you guys are soooo close to acknowledging this show's place in history and also recognizing that we're past ready for new & better representation lol. 

Archived