💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Bree Runway Addressing Switzerland

RAMROD

Featured Posts

PunkTheFunk
1 hour ago, Aussie said:

She is a happy black woman living in Switzerland. So can’t be that bad as Bree is making it out

Tina Turner is happy therefore racism does not exist in Switzerland. Wow I never thought about it this way, thank you for giving us this fresh perspective.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Debithius
20 hours ago, JohnsBrownEyes said:

I just KNOW y’all whities aren’t making fun of her for HER experiences with feeling uneasy being 1) the only black person in a large gathering/ a given setting and 2) presumably being given weird looks or treated oddly because of her skin colour.

like she’s obviously not tweeting this out of the blue for no reason
 pls think before posting dumb sh*t and listen to black people when they voice their discomfort

Uhm nobody is making fun of her. It's just the fact that some Americans don't know that, just like in Asia, there are countries that hardly have any people of colour living there for example China, Japan, Switzerland, Iceland or some of the Balkan countries. If they see a person who sticks out humans, wether they are African, European, American or Asian, will naturally stare. I don't know why you feel the need to berate people. I used to get stared at whenever I visited rural Japan or some African countries because there are hardly if any people at all, looking like me. Europe isn't America, learn to comment in a respectful manner before overreacting and being a hateful person for no reason.

Electric Mary
2 hours ago, Magic Mike said:

Switzerland is home of many racist people, they voted to ban all mosque minarets for instance. People here trying to defend such a conservative country don’t know the true reality of Swiss people 

Switzerland is a federalist country Just like the US, and ironically is also « divided » between conservative leaning states ( which are located more east and south like « valais » ) and progressive states ( which i have visited and trust me, i never had seen such Welcoming open minded people in my Life ) , so saying Switzerland is a racist country overall is quite false, personally I have experienced far more homophobia and racism in places like France, Portugal and even the UK. 

politically, Switzerland is probably the most stable country in the world and that stability goes for its democracy as well
 many other countries from the west could get some lessons from its system. 

Anyways I don’t think she’s lying  and it’s quite possible she got some looks but that doesn’t represent Switzerland at all in my opinion, so she could have put more thought into her words

Moonlight on Water

Bree doesn't deserve to be treated like this. People are rudely staring. I sorta know how she feels, because I was getting stared at by someone who would stalk and harass/touch me. It's unsettling and disturbing, and you just want to be a normal human being like everyone else, not bothered. She has every right to speak up. It's. Not. Right.

she/her

Electric Mary
50 minutes ago, Debithius said:

Uhm nobody is making fun of her. It's just the fact that some Americans don't know that, just like in Asia, there are countries that hardly have any people of colour living there for example China, Japan, Switzerland, Iceland or some of the Balkan countries. If they see a person who sticks out humans, wether they are African, European, American or Asian, will naturally stare. I don't know why you feel the need to berate people. I used to get stared at whenever I visited rural Japan or some African countries because there are hardly if any people at all, looking like me. Europe isn't America, learn to comment in a respectful manner before overreacting and being a hateful person for no reason.

The thing is, she got this experience in the capital ( bern), in Switzerland its most dense populated regions and big cities are quite multicultural , open minded and diverse ( my black friends never appeared to feel this way in Zurich
 Geneva 
 Bern
however a couple of color who I am quite close to literally encountered a white woman who spit on them in PARIS 
 ) so I wouldn’t put Switzerland in the same situation of the countries u mentioned . However, rural switzerland will of course be full of white people everywhere such as in EVERY country in Western Europe. Period. That doesn’t mean the country overall is racist, that way every country would be in a worse position than Switzerland. But I get where she’s coming from, people doing that in bern is quite weird 

Debithius
4 minutes ago, Electric Mary said:

The thing is, she got this experience in the capital ( bern), in Switzerland its most dense populated regions and big cities are quite multicultural , open minded and diverse ( my black friends never appeared to feel this way in Zurich
 Geneva 
 Bern
however a couple of color who I am quite close to literally encountered a white woman who spit on them in PARIS 
 ) so I wouldn’t put Switzerland in the same situation of the countries u mentioned . However, rural switzerland will of course be full of white people everywhere such as in EVERY country in Western Europe. Period. That doesn’t mean the country overall is racist, that way every country would be in a worse position than Switzerland. But I get where she’s coming from, people doing that in bern is quite weird 

Well France and the UK have a lot of black people so I am not really sure why she would be racist towards them, now that's weird and racist. But it's not like people in Switzerland spat on her and I get that it's not fun getting stared at but when 0.9% of the population is black you rarely see them and when you do, you stick out and humans will always stare at people who stick out. I don't think you can change that about human evolutionary behavior. People will stare at me when I am in Japan, for the wrong or right reasons. They either want me out of the country because they are tired of foreigners or they stare at me because they are intrigued. It is what it is.

PartySick
4 hours ago, Gaga2645 said:

How come somebody was banned but mods haven’t done anything about the micro aggressions in this thread? Very telling @PartySick

And yet you've reported literally nothing from this thread

đŸ–€

Ziggy

Can white people just
not contribute to a convo for once? Lmao the perspective aint adding much

Electric Mary
8 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Can white people just
not contribute to a convo for once? Lmao the perspective aint adding much

? :billie:

Gaga2645
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

And yet you've reported literally nothing from this thread

Because every report is overlooked by Mods. Is it because y’all know 88% of this website is racist? 
you really thought u ate w that huh 

SharkmanthaC
5 minutes ago, Gaga2645 said:

Because every report is overlooked by Mods. Is it because y’all know 88% of this website is racist? 
you really thought u ate w that huh 

We have no reports on this thread. We all have lives outside of here and can’t read everything. If you have a problem with posts you need to report them. If you don’t like it here you are free to leave. 

she/her/hers

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic
SharkmanthaC

Locking until we have time to review. May unlock again. 

she/her/hers

Archived