About TCB Spoilers... PLEASE do not put spoilers in thread titles as we have some users wishing to remain spoiler free. Please show kindness and respect. Thank you! ×

MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
society

(TW!!!) Elementary School Shooting in Uvalde, TX

Featured Posts

phantasmas
8 minutes ago, Hyoha said:

Does it even matter if I'm generalizing when no one is rioting over this? Not one person. Pathetic, unempathetic, hyper-individualistic ass country.

youre generalizing again and now ur starting to look dumb

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• phantasmas

• Hyoha

• Gov Hooka

• PartySick

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Earlier, the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District had said a shooter was located at Robb Elementary School and asked people to stay away from the area. Uvalde Memorial Hospital ha

Sandy Hook really messed with me and this one probably will too. No sense in something like this happening. None.  Yet the adults are more concerned about masks than they are guns. I hate that I have

Conservatives will wage war to save a fetus’ life but won’t lift a goddamn finger to keep them safe once they’re born.  This is a disgusting, horrifying, and entirely preventable tragedy. I hope

Hyoha
Just now, phantasmas said:

youre generalizing again and now ur starting to look dumb

Where are the riots, sweets? Show me at least one so you can tell me I'm generalizing and not just spilling the t

AbhainnTirim
32 minutes ago, androiduser said:

are there any indications that the shooter was a gay man? I am reading comments on websites and raging homophobes are accusing the LGBT community for this shooting

I’m reading on Sky News that a classmate reports that the shooter endured homophobic bullying at one point in his school because of the clothes he wore. But, they’re also saying that a co-worker at the Wendy’s he worked at claims that he sent inappropriate, unsolicited text messages to female members of staff, and was aggressive towards them.

take what you want from that yourself

phantasmas
30 minutes ago, AbhainnTirim said:

I’m reading on Sky News that a classmate reports that the shooter endured homophobic bullying at one point in his school because of the clothes he wore. But, they’re also saying that a co-worker at the Wendy’s he worked at claims that he sent inappropriate, unsolicited text messages to female members of staff, and was aggressive towards them.

take what you want from that yourself

what I would take from this (if true) is that the issue does not lie within his alleged attraction to the same sex/gender, but the culture that made him feel that he couldnt

regardless, it wouldnt excuse his heinous acts 

• Like 1
phantasmas
10 hours ago, FATCAT said:

As long as Republicans are in power, never. We have to vote them all out.

Yes! The younger voting block (majority left leaning) here is quickly expanding as many come of voting age while the older (conservative) gens die out. For the first time, I believe, the youth can have all the power! Millennials and Gen Zers should do all they can to support the up and coming youth. It's quite exciting, tbh. 

• Like 2
PartySick
1 hour ago, Hyoha said:

Does it even matter if I'm generalizing when no one is rioting over this? Not one person. Pathetic, unempathetic, hyper-individualistic ass country.

I wish I had this passion. In the past month I've been at a school where panic broke out because a guy had a gun. There's been a couple shootings in my neighborhood. One just the other night. An armed robbery not far from my house. I've had a gun brandished at me at work. Hell, even I own a damn gun.

We're "unempathetic" 'cause this has happened to all of us. Gun crime, I mean. There are literally more shootings than sunrises here. We're desensitized to an extreme level. I have no idea how that'll be fixed but you're right, it is a problem. It's a problem with our culture and a problem with our hearts.

I can only pray we vote for some legislators that pass some kind of reform.

a well-made wiener is a thing of beauty.
  • Like 3
BehindTheAura12
1 hour ago, Hyoha said:

Where are the riots, sweets? Show me at least one so you can tell me I'm generalizing and not just spilling the t

After the 2018 Parkland shooting, there was a march on Washington that had roughly 2 million attendees. After the Buffalo shooting mere days ago, there were protests & vigils held around the country. But it's easy to parrot republican talking points and generalize and vilify and entire population when you're sitting thousands of miles away and none of the things that happen here impact you on a personal level.

There are obviously people who are exactly like you've described - unemphathetic and hyper individualistic. Mostly republicans (in the general populace) but in congress it's pretty much all of them lmfao. But there are people on the ground making genuine grassroots efforts to enact some sort of change in this country. Do you think we like seeing children die without any sort of recourse from our elected officials? I grew up in a post-Columbine era. My entire academic life has been defined by trauma from hyper realistic active shooter drills where security guards would walk around classrooms yelling and shaking doorknobs. The university I attended had an active shooter a year before I enrolled. I have friends who lost loved ones in the Parkland shooting which happened 20 minutes from where I grew up. Do you know what that does to a person? You don't, obviously, because this is an American problem pretty much exclusively. But it really messes with your head and honestly, after years of watching kids younger than you die, you become exhausted at seeing nothing happen. I literally don't know how much more I have left to give. I was 16 when the Sandy Hook shooting happened, I'm 25 now, and nothing has changed. And I'm really ****ing tired, dude. But the fight continues and I'll keep doing my best to make sure that if I ever have kids (which is unlikely given the state of the world lmfao) that they won't have to go to school and have to worry about playing dead when an active shooter arrives in their classroom. I'll keep fighting, organizing on the ground, and doing my part to make sure that happens. So maybe there aren't riots like I'm sure you would love, but to generalize an entire country ignores the fact that there's plenty of people who are fed up and working hard to make sure this doesn't happen again.

• Thanks 3
Bat
2 hours ago, phantasmas said:

Europe is not that much more civilized.. thx for ur concern tho! 

Yet we are, there aren't any European countries that have even the slightest similar gun laws or gun crime related casualties as the USA :ohwell:

• Like 1
phantasmas
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Bat said:

Yet we are, there aren't any European countries that have even the slightest similar gun laws or gun crime related casualties as the USA :ohwell:

That's great to hear! Like many other countries, I'm sure the ones within Europe still have their own issues though and their own pasts to reconcile with. Good luck! 

Edited by phantasmas
  • Like 1
Ororo Munroe

can people stop comparing countries and what’s happening where? this is not a competition. this is literally a tragedy god.

very heartbreaking to read these news and realize how all of these kids were robbed of their future and bright lives, absolutely disgusting. poor parents. I really hope something will change with this these laws asap.

this buss is in demand.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
BehindTheAura12
2 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

can people stop comparing countries and what’s happening where? this is not a competition. this is literally a tragedy god.

very heartbreaking to read these news and realize how all of these kids were robbed of their future and bright lives, absolutely disgusting. poor parents. I really hope something will change with this these laws asap.

Yeah like, I'm not a patriotic person by any means and I despise this country lol, but as soon as any mass tragedy happens in America the thread will be full of people using dead kids as like... a gotcha? Like "HA! Europe doesn't have this! Loser Americans." It's weird and I'm not sure what point they're trying to make. 

• Like 4
phantasmas
4 minutes ago, BehindTheAura12 said:

Yeah like, I'm not a patriotic person by any means and I despise this country lol, but as soon as any mass tragedy happens in America the thread will be full of people using dead kids as like... a gotcha? Like "HA! Europe doesn't have this! Loser Americans." It's weird and I'm not sure what point they're trying to make. 

while they ignore the damage that their own countries have caused, smh :bear:

• Thanks 1
RahrahWitch
38 minutes ago, BehindTheAura12 said:

I don't think that's what people in the thread are saying at all. The anger is towards shitty governing not the American people.

America has a gun culture problem, that's just a fact and the comparisons with other countries is just a good example to show that gun control works. I don't think people mean to come of patronizing, It's just frustrating seeing things like this happen all the time when everyone can see the problem and the people in power refuse to do anything.

• Like 3