đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

I Saw Top Gun: Maverick And It Played HMH 3TIMES!!

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Kimmo
1 minute ago, pachinko said:

Where can I see the full scene of this? :huntyga:

Just now, Not The Real Gaga said:

I support this request

Is a YouTube video of this bodybuilder “posing” :partysick:

Hottie Detector

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123

When did they play it the first time ? I missed it :bradley:. I did notice the instrumental and pieces of it scattered through the score in a subtle way (that only people familiar with the song will recognize) but the song itself is not played til the final scene.

EGOT2027
8 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

When did they play it the first time ? I missed it :bradley:. I did notice the instrumental and pieces of it scattered through the score in a subtle way (that only people familiar with the song will recognize) but the song itself is not played til the final scene.

this is the thing i'm so confused about!! some are saying the song is all over the movie (locals included) and some are saying they completely missed it. i have no idea what to expect when i go on thursday!

Anderson123
33 minutes ago, JoanneStan420 said:

this is the thing i'm so confused about!! some are saying the song is all over the movie (locals included) and some are saying they completely missed it. i have no idea what to expect when i go on thursday!

The song itself with Gaga's vocals is played during  the final scene but if you're familiar with it, you'll notice several times through the film they play little piano pieces of it, instrumental, strings etc.

EGOT2027
1 hour ago, Anderson123 said:

The song itself with Gaga's vocals is played during  the final scene but if you're familiar with it, you'll notice several times through the film they play little piano pieces of it, instrumental, strings etc.

hmm the original post made it sound like vocals were included when it plays early in the movie? super pumped that it's in part of the final scene and not just the credits though

Stef

so basically HMH is played once with elements of its instrumental incorporated into various scenes?

Signature loading… 👹🖤

elijahfan

Just saw the movie and I wouldn't necessarily say 3 times... You quietly hear the single version a first time on a radio, then the musical cue is sprinkled across the film as some sort of a love theme, and you get the song in its full, glorious form at the end. So if one had to count, you actually get the tune at least half a dozen times across the film.

Now I'm curious to know if Gaga composed other musical cues for the film, or if she got a credit simply because they incorporated her composition in the film score.

As for the movie itself, it's quite glorious. I saw the first film this weekend and had mixed feelings about it, I felt like it aged terribly, but this one is incredible. Amazing cinema. Great characters, real stakes, emotion and jaw-dropping non-CGI sequences that will leave you breathless. The final act is the best flying scene since the original 'Star Wars' Death Star scene imo. HMH is literally the cherry on top.

elijahfan
3 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

3 hours ago, JoanneStan420 said:

1 hour ago, JoanneStan420 said:

hmm the original post made it sound like vocals were included when it plays early in the movie? super pumped that it's in part of the final scene and not just the credits though

You faintly hear it playing on a radio I'd say a third into the movie, with vocals and all. A scene between Tom Cruise and Jennifer Connelly at her character's bar. Maybe it depends on the theaters' sound systems, but I caught it instantly. From that moment on, the orchestral version pretty much plays every time there's a new scene with Jennifer Connelly. Also, the full-fledged version plays during the final scene, not the credits.

Stef
5 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

You faintly hear it playing on a radio early in the movie, with vocals and all. A scene between Tom Cruise and Jennifer Connelly at her character's bar. Maybe it depends on the theaters' sound systems, but I caught it instantly. From that moment on, the orchestral version pretty much plays every time there's a new scene with Jennifer Connelly. Also, the full-fledged version plays during the final scene, not the credits.

does onerepublics song get any exposure 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

elijahfan
1 minute ago, Stef said:

does onerepublics song get any exposure 

Never heard it, so I couldn't say. There are several songs in the film, mainly oldies referencing the original film. But HMH is definitely the one that shines.

StrawberryBlond

Awesome, I expected it to be just once. Oscar nomination is on lock! They tend to prefer songs that are incorporated into the movie as opposed to just once in the credits. This is the only movie song so far this year that's had any real buzz, even Doja and Taylor aren't getting much buzz for their songs. This has to be a good sign. :pray:

HotLikeMexico
4 hours ago, Kimmo said:

Is a YouTube video of this bodybuilder “posing” :partysick:

he's a crazy trumpee.

SwissMonster

Just saw it too. They played it even more then 3 Times. 3 obvious times but at some points of the movie its very light, just some single piano notes. It really is the main theme:giveup:

Ngl I went to see it because of Gagas Score and the hot guys but I was surprised at how captivating the movie was. It is indeed very straight and in your face AMERICA but I really had to hold my breath for the last 30 mins. So nerve racking. Definitly a must see, especially if you have a Dolby Theater near you, the sound sells this movie FOR SURE. What an honor Gaga was part of the scoring for such a movie 

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

SwissMonster
4 hours ago, JoanneStan420 said:

If you are familiar with the song you will notice it throughout the whole movie

SwissMonster
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

Never heard it, so I couldn't say. There are several songs in the film, mainly oldies referencing the original film. But HMH is definitely the one that shines.

What was the song during the beach scene? Where they played at the beach? That song was kinda a bop

Archived