💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Vulture ranks all of Gaga’s songs

monstertoronto

Featured Posts

monstertoronto

New York magazine’s related website about culture, Vulture, published an article ranking all of Gaga’s songs. I actually agree with a lot of it. 
Edit: to include more info for people who can’t open this, they give Gaga a LOT of praise. Best paragraph, which should be quoted when OGH attempt to claim she has no legacy:

Although Lady Gaga has been a household name for more than a decade, the first half of her career still feels as daring, vital, and relevant as ever. From her 2008 debut, The Fame, to 2014, when the ARTPOP-hype bubble burst, Gaga sped through several careers’ worth of highs, lows, and controversies. Each release became an event; her every move was dissected by social media. Gaga’s imperial phase was such a whirlwind that, in hindsight, it feels as if we’ve yet to take the collective time to reflect on the full depth of her artistry. Looking back on her first four albums — The Fame, The Fame Monster, Born This Way, and ARTPOP — her sheer ambition was dizzying. No pop star of the 2010s was more committed to achieving transcendence through her art. She almost single-handedly raised the bar for pop music, videos, fashion, and live performances.

https://www.vulture.com/article/best-lady-gaga-songs-ranked.html

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
artdoll

#1 was predictable but they were right, it's the only song appropriate to take that spot...that being said, I think they mean ROM is #8 not #16 :ladyhaha:

。゚☁ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ゚。

Meredith Grey

I need a membership to the New York Times to read it apparently LOL can somebody put the top 20 in the thread so i can see it

PartySick

So...I'm not sure if I'm offended or not?

Chromatica III is counted as it's own song...but it's the worst Chromatica interlude according to them? It's part of Sine From Above in my mind and as SFA is my favorite Chromatica track, that hurts my feelings :patrizia:

But then they have several songs, including the BOP Vanity, UNDER an interlude?!

Literally rioting :patrizia:

🖤

Dr Fudge
4 minutes ago, Meredith Grey said:

I need a membership to the New York Times to read it apparently LOL can somebody put the top 20 in the thread so i can see it

I got you, Dr. Grey! (Can I assist with a lap chole?)

20. Replay

19. Monster

18. La Vie En Rose

17. Free Woman

16. Judas

15. You and I

14. Alice

13. Gypsy

12. Hair

11. Telephone

10. Dance in the Dark

9. Marry the Night

8. Rain on Me

7. Applause

6. Speechless

5. Shallow

4. Paparazzi

3. Born this Way

2. The Edge of Glory

1. Bad Romance

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

monstertoronto
21 minutes ago, PartySick said:

So...I'm not sure if I'm offended or not?

Chromatica III is counted as it's own song...but it's the worst Chromatica interlude according to them? It's part of Sine From Above in my mind and as SFA is my favorite Chromatica track, that hurts my feelings :patrizia:

But then they have several songs, including the BOP Vanity, UNDER an interlude?!

Literally rioting :patrizia:

There’s def some weird choices, especially with the interludes!

Rebel
15 minutes ago, Dr Fudge said:

20. Replay

19. Monster

18. La Vie En Rose

17. Free Woman

16. Judas

15. You and I

14. Alice

13. Gypsy

12. Hair

11. Telephone

10. Dance in the Dark

9. Marry the Night

8. Rain on Me

7. Applause

6. Speechless

5. Shallow

4. Paparazzi

3. Born this Way

2. The Edge of Glory

1. Bad Romance

I don't have a subscription either so thanks queen. How many songs did they rank? Literally ALL of them? :chica:

Dr Fudge
Just now, monstertoronto said:

There’s def some weird choices, especially with the interludes!

Not to mention how Poker Face and Just Dance were outside of the top 20….that just felt…wrong lol. 

monstertoronto
16 minutes ago, Dr Fudge said:

20. Replay

19. Monster

18. La Vie En Rose

17. Free Woman

16. Judas

15. You and I

14. Alice

13. Gypsy

12. Hair

11. Telephone

10. Dance in the Dark

9. Marry the Night

8. Rain on Me

7. Applause

6. Speechless

5. Shallow

4. Paparazzi

3. Born this Way

2. The Edge of Glory

1. Bad Romance

I do think it’s a bit of a waste to have La Vie En Rose in the top 20. It’s a excellent cover and it served a great function in the movie and apparently in her real life. But I don’t know that it’s that important a song in her own discography. 

monstertoronto
1 minute ago, Dr Fudge said:

Not to mention how Poker Face and Just Dance were outside of the top 20….that just felt…wrong lol. 

Agree!  Like both of them should have been top 20 before La Vie en Rose and maybe Replay or Gypsy. 

monstertoronto
4 minutes ago, Rebel said:

I don't have a subscription either so thanks queen. How many songs did they rank? Literally ALL of them? :chica:

Yes!  The article explains their list this way: “It includes every commercially released studio track and her more significant featured credits. That gives us 136 songs, with fewer stinkers than you’d expect, and a top 70 that could rival any pop star’s catalogue.”

Dr Fudge
2 minutes ago, Rebel said:

No problem! I don’t have a subscription…so I don’t actually know how I was able to read the article :ladyhaha:. They listed 136 songs including a few strange ones (that I thought were unreleased) like Vanity, the Chromatica interludes, and both jazz albums. 

3 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

I do think it’s a bit of a waste to have La Vie En Rose in the top 20. It’s a excellent cover and it served a great function in the movie and apparently in her real life. But I don’t know that it’s that important a song in her own discography. 

Agreed! She does a great job with it, but definitely not one of her absolute best.

Rebel
1 minute ago, monstertoronto said:

Yes!  The article explains their list this way: “It includes every commercially released studio track and her more significant featured credits. That gives us 136 songs, with fewer stinkers than you’d expect, and a top 70 that could rival any pop star’s catalogue.”

I just googled "how to access articles behind a paywall" and I can't believe using incognito mode is the actual answer :billie: now let me get into this

StarstruckIllusion

Applause > Rain On Me is crazy to me 😭☠️, but this isn’t the worst list I’ve ever seen 

Kimmo

La Vie en Rose?

Im so glad she wrote and compose that song I gues… :poot:

Hottie Detector

Archived