Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

the harry "queerbating" slander is RIDICULOUS

qoqo

Featured Posts

Chlorine Sevigny
Just now, Butters Stotch said:

That's non of your business, calling me pathetic only because of that is truly sad and it shows that you have a lot of anger within you, and I get how that feels, but it's not my fault. Go to therapy. You don't have to be so cruel to others. Like reading you makes it hard for me to believe I'm actually on a Gaga forum, some people haven't learned sh*t from this woman.

Bye :lolly:

Take care!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatography

just feels like inauthentic commodification of a marginalized group with performative actions of no real substance. i’m sorry, but him wearing an unfashionable skirt on the cover of a magazine is not helping anyone. 

monstertoronto
1 hour ago, Concertaholic said:

I don’t think he queerbaits. His choices are mostly aimed at appealing to his female fan base.

Now this one on the other hand…

Thats Hilarious GIF by Charlie Puth

I totally disagree that his choices are aimed at appealing to females. Harry knows he has gay fans and he wouldn’t be so open about supporting gag rights if he was only interested in females. 
And Charlie Puth has does nothing wrong either, he knows he has gay fans and he uses his sex appeal sometimes, in a goofy way mostly, which is what all performers have done (use sex appeal) from time immemorial.  

PartySick
22 minutes ago, NATAH said:

you made some points but weren't Prince and Bowie clear with their sexuality? i'm too young to know anything about them :bradley:

as i said before, it's the inauthenticity that bothers me but not enough that i think it should override his talent and artistry. it feels like they're saving the "coming out" to generate hype :bradley:

i feel like it's a valid criticism but he's for sure way more interesting than 90% of male popstars of today

I'm not sure for Bowie or Prince, I was never a big enough fan to follow them like that :bradley:

For Harry, I have to figure, whether his sexual ambiguity is a sign (of the times?) of his dishonesty or a sign of him not having himself fully figured out yet there's another aspect that's not being addressed here :oprah:

That's the assumptions of the public.

"Shawn Mendes is gay and his relationships with females are forced to cover up his homosexuality."

"Demi Lovato is only using a non-binary label to get attention or to make herself feel special. See?! She even said we can call her a 'she' again! Faker!"

"Lady Gaga says she's bisexual but she only dates men. Clearly she was lying to make Poker Face seem deeper."

This is what the public says about people who are open...I'd tell them to leave me tf alone too if I were Harry :bear: people will paint him with any brush they choose. Honestly, why should he have to provide the paint :gayhat:

Yas metaphors :gayhat:

🖤

Chlorine Sevigny

I also don't count his androgynous fashion as being an ally. I don't really care tbh. I'm talking about this:

DiQddpRWsAMzvP5?format=jpg&name=medium

Hebi

I haven't found anything he's done that's particularly gay or queerbaiting. I don't understand this discussion at all, maybe if some of us were less closed-minded we wouldn't even be thinking about it. I've seen his music videos, I've seen him wearing dress or pink outfits, but that doesn't mean anything at all in the end! why should it?

BBhomemaker
27 minutes ago, Hyoha said:

Harry doesn’t need to come out as anything. He’s already challenging notions of what masculinity is, wearing dresses while dating Olivia fkin Wilde.

Even if he were 100% heterosexual, his attitude and his commitment to not giving a **** about gender rules are enough for me.

I think he challenged nothing that have been done before and still being done on a daily, him wearing a dress is cute but not groundbreaking, i’m not gonna applaud him or praise him for something queer people and others have done in decades. Masculinity doesn’t have a sexuality.

NichuuB

I couldn't care less about his sexuality and if he wants or don't to come out. 

What I don't agree is him purposefully using gay culture to get profit. Like, in his last show he was dancing to raining man while wrapped in the rainbow flag, like c'mon, it couldn't be more obvious. 

Just like he always come up with this topic when he's about to release something

Property of @Whale

NichuuB
3 minutes ago, NicoB said:

What I don't agree is him purposefully using gay culture to get profit. Like, in his last show he was dancing to raining man while wrapped in the rainbow flag, like c'mon, it couldn't be more obvious. 

Just like he always come up with this topic when he's about to release something

And before someone quote me: no there's no problem in being ambiguous about your sexuality nor using what's considered 'gay culture' while being straight. 

The thing is, again, purposefully using this for profit.

It's like white people appropriating cultures just for profit and so on...

Property of @Whale

Micmaky
52 minutes ago, NicoB said:

Do you know how many straight stars have danced with a gay flag. Even Taylor Swift who has never been an ally until recently. At least Harry has consistently been an ally and said things like labels are not important from a young age. A lot of the younger generation z and alphas don’t believe in coming out. When someone I know didn’t come out as bi/pan/not labelled to her parents, the parents were upset but she was like it’s not her problem to have to come out or label herself. The parents weren’t upset she was dating a girl but that she didn’t come out like it’s traditionally done. This is not a rare example, labels are getting archaic. Some gay guys I know have hooked up with women and the lines are a bit blurred as there’s no social pressure to conform in a lot of Western big cities. 

HIM820
41 minutes ago, Glojuice said:

The parents weren’t upset she was dating a girl but that she didn’t come out like it’s traditionally done. This is not a rare example, labels are getting archaic. Some gay guys I know have hooked up with women and the lines are a bit blurred as there’s no social pressure to conform in a lot of Western big cities. 

Holy crap. My best friends parents are upset with her as well for not labeling herself and not being able to tell them what gender she’s interested in. I thought it was the most bizarre thing I’ve ever heard. 

Micmaky
54 minutes ago, HIM820 said:

Holy crap. My best friends parents are upset with her as well for not labeling herself and not being able to tell them what gender she’s interested in. I thought it was the most bizarre thing I’ve ever heard. 

It is bizarre as more and more young people are far more progressive than their already more progressive gen y and gen x parents. This whole Shawn, Harry pressure to come out and label themselves is ridiculous. Let’s be real, Harry makes amazing music and is hot, he would be just as successful if he didn’t wear effeminate clothes. And queer people don’t own effeminate clothes so all the people saying he should come out are hypocrites 

NichuuB
1 hour ago, Glojuice said:

Do you know how many straight stars have danced with a gay flag. Even Taylor Swift who has never been an ally until recently. At least Harry has consistently been an ally and said things like labels are not important from a young age. A lot of the younger generation z and alphas don’t believe in coming out. When someone I know didn’t come out as bi/pan/not labelled to her parents, the parents were upset but she was like it’s not her problem to have to come out or label herself. The parents weren’t upset she was dating a girl but that she didn’t come out like it’s traditionally done. This is not a rare example, labels are getting archaic. Some gay guys I know have hooked up with women and the lines are a bit blurred as there’s no social pressure to conform in a lot of Western big cities. 

Read this:

2 hours ago, NicoB said:

And before someone quote me: no there's no problem in being ambiguous about your sexuality nor using what's considered 'gay culture' while being straight. 

The thing is, again, purposefully using this for profit.

It's like white people appropriating cultures just for profit and so on...

Property of @Whale

Micmaky
24 minutes ago, NicoB said:

Read this:

But how exactly is he using it for profit. In fact maybe Gaga uses the gays more from profit than Harry as a substantial portion of her fans are gay. Like what examples can you give where he is profited and please don’t tell me her wears girly clothes as that’s not the domain of queers. Don’t tell me held a gay flag as literally 90% of popstars do that. 

NichuuB
20 minutes ago, Glojuice said:

please don’t tell me her wears girly clothes as that’s not the domain of queers

The fact that you assume this the reason I have this thought is enough for convincing me to not reply anymore. Bye

Property of @Whale

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived