💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

the harry "queerbating" slander is RIDICULOUS

qoqo

Featured Posts

Imo at the end of the day it does good for an artist who is still perceived largely as cis to break down gender barriers with how they dress and present themselves

i think the reason its such a controversial topic is because perhaps most queer people before this have had to claim these gender barriers for themselves as part of their identity in order to accept themselves, and now these barriers are being challenged it can feel pretty de-stabilising, as if our identities are being erased?

personally ive accepted this and just try and think of the positive outcome of it

it would be nice however for artists like Harry to use their platform to educate and shine some light on the history esp the trans poc who pioneered these movements in the first place. Would be great to see someone like Marsha become part of the public zeitgeist and finally get mainstream recognition :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Fame Monster

I’m not an expert but I would say that what Harry is doing is not entirely a new thing. Look at some of the 80s male rock stars:

maxresdefault.jpg

I applaud to anyone regardless of their sexuality or gender who is brave  enough to brake the rules of how women and men ought to wear or act. 

Find your freedom in the music

Mocchi
6 hours ago, BBhomemaker said:

Then be clear with your public and we will avoid those type of debate. But he knows how to play with it, he feeds the medias, keep bringing the subject and it benefits him.

This post makes me so sad. Why we should expel any form of masculinity that goes out the cisheteronormativity path? We as queer comunity decide what's gaylike and what's not? And if you are not queer you shouldn't be allowed to do what? Polish your nails? I am gay and I don't polish my nails and I enjoy his music but I don't care at all about the way she dresses, let him do whatever he wants. The level of judgement and the entitlement of some gays to decide what people can or can not do really pisses me off. We don't want to be judged and we are the ones doing it?? Enjoy your life and let peple do the f*ck they want!

Oriane

It's funny how we totally accept bigger forms of queerbaiting from female popstars but as soon as it's guys, it's not okay. I don't see how it's interesting to know whether he's straight or gay and how it has any relevance to his support of LGBT people. At the end of the day, the message is that LGBT people should be supported and it's all that matters in this world right now, that you don't have to be LGBT to think that.

Someone here compared it to race and how you can't hide your color. But if I see someone online saying Black Lives Matter, and their race isn't made clear from their profile, I really don't care to find out whether the person is actually white or black, all that matters is that they're someone who supports the cause.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

ALGAYDO
4 hours ago, Glojuice said:

Do you know how many straight stars have danced with a gay flag.

4 hours ago, Glojuice said:

At least Harry has consistently been an ally and said things

We don’t know if he’s straight, so how can he be an ally? 

BBhomemaker
17 minutes ago, AYURO said:

This post makes me so sad. Why we should expel any form of masculinity that goes out the cisheteronormativity path? We as queer comunity decide what's gaylike and what's not? And if you are not queer you shouldn't be allowed to do what? Polish your nails? I am gay and I don't polish my nails and I enjoy his music but I don't care at all about the way she dresses, let him do whatever he wants. The level of judgement and the entitlement of some gays to decide what people can or can not do really pisses me off. We don't want to be judged and we are the ones doing it?? Enjoy your life and let peple do the f*ck they want!

I never said that he cant wear nail polish or dress as he wants. Dont say things i didn’t say. :vegas:

Mocchi
12 minutes ago, BBhomemaker said:

I never said that he cant wear nail polish or dress as he wants. Dont say things i didn’t say. :vegas:

You don't, but someone else did. This is a debate here, I think we can include other elements and not simply literally reply to you

13 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

We don’t know if he’s straight, so how can he be an ally? 

Someone who talks about labels and breaks the cishetero image can potentially inspire any gay or not gay child out there, so to me he's 100% an ally

Juanlittlem

If the fight he's doing to fight gender roles is only painting his nails and wearing a skirt/dress he can keep it.

There's no problem in being straight and supporting the gay community. Saying you're bi/gay/part of the LGBT community gives us vissibility and if you're straight you can say it and still support us, its not too hard to get that.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

Something I don’t understand.

-You all preach about the need for gender stereotypes to stop. Yet you can’t accept that Harry might be straight, you even suspected he was gay based on his clothes, makeup, body language etc

-You all preach that sexuality is private yet you demand that Harry talks about it

-You all preach that you need allies, yet you demand that Harry stops using the LGBT flag because he doesn’t talk enough about his sexuality

-You all preach that just because someone paints their nails loves pink puts makeup doesn’t mean they are gay, yet you suspect that he is and you demand to know 

so you all just prove that your opinion about gender stereotypes was fake you don’t actually believe in it

15 minutes ago, TMM90 said:

I hope the straights aren’t gatekeeping me ‘Looking strAight’. 

Well that reminds me of a footballer (not american football) who just came out. Should we as a society demand that he stops looking « straight »? That’s the same basis of how yall talk about Harry. Hey you are gay so why are you acting « straight ». That’s messed up. This is based on gender stereotypes that yall preach about but when it comes down to it you don’t believe it. Now I know it was hypocrisy

alecks
46 minutes ago, Oriane said:

Someone here compared it to race and how you can't hide your color. But if I see someone online saying Black Lives Matter, and their race isn't made clear from their profile, I really don't care to find out whether the person is actually white or black, all that matters is that they're someone who supports the cause.

That’s not exactly what he’s doing though. He’s essentially saying “Black Lives Matter. You know what? Maybe I’m black. But it doesn’t matter because race isn’t important anyway and no one cares.”

Mocchi
25 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

If the fight he's doing to fight gender roles is only painting his nails and wearing a skirt/dress he can keep it.

There's no problem in being straight and supporting the gay community. Saying you're bi/gay/part of the LGBT community gives us vissibility and if you're straight you can say it and still support us, its not too hard to get that.

Ok, so you have to be either an activist or do nothing, right? Cool.

Some of us are fed up with labels, why are we adding so much pressure on him to label himself? D*mn, there's no way we can get people acceptance if we are the ones not accepting ourselves.

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived