Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Mick Jagger (edited: possibly) shades Harry Styles in new interview

LilyLark

Featured Posts

LilyLark

Interesting. There's definitely a habit of older artists shading newer ones—granted, no one is obligated to love anyone. But I feel like entertainers have to possess a certain amount of arrogance/pride to get to the point they are at (even Gaga), so it might sting to see younger stars compared to them....

As for Harry, I'm a big fan but vocally...vocally I find him better than say, Taylor Swift or Phoebe Bridgers, but he's not on the level of Mick, Gaga, Ariana, Beyonce, or god forbid Freddie (who he is often compared to). Anyway, I feel like older artists sometimes judge younger ones more on appearance (which is superficial, but some absolutely dismiss certain artists for fashion, etc.) and/or songwriting and not necessarily vocals so for Mick to judge Harry on vocals is a change.

Suspiria

Is this shade? He doesn't say his voice or moves are better than Harry's, just that they're not alike. I think he was just making a point that theyre not actually that similar, other than just looking slightly alike.

Kimmo

I mean I also don’t get the whole gay bating Harry is trying to pull but Mike as a legend who is also an idol to many, should’ve been a little more careful with his words. He sounded a bit jealous and bitter… just like Madonna did when she shaded Gaga … 

My problem with Harry is that he was never like that before, then suddenly he figured he could shock with his feminine style. Is not really who he is, but who he is using to sale 

Hottie Detector

Kimmo
Just now, Kimmo said:

My problem with Harry is that he was never like that before, then suddenly he figured he could shock with his feminine style. Is not really who he is, but who he is using to sale 

But then again when Post Malone does it, I have no problem with it…

So I guess I’m just a hypocrite :selena:

Hottie Detector

elijahfan

Pretty sure he was simply asked about the Harry comparisons and this quote was taken out of context to make it seem like he feels superior, when he actually was just pointing out their differences.

elijahfan
7 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

He was in a boys band with a strictly controlled image custom-made to appeal to young girls. Also, I'm pretty sure you're feeling quite different yourself from how you were, say, 5 years ago, or even just 1 year ago, and cringe at older photos of you. It's quite ridiculous to expect someone to never change or discover new things about themselves.

weed

I read it as "People compare us, but we are not the same." 

LilyLark
21 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Is this shade? He doesn't say his voice or moves are better than Harry's, just that they're not alike. I think he was just making a point that theyre not actually that similar, other than just looking slightly alike.

13 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Pretty sure he was simply asked about the Harry comparisons and this quote was taken out of context to make it seem like he feels superior, when he actually was just pointing out their differences.

Good points. That said, I'm usually the first one to think people read too much into it when someone goes on about another artist being shady but having read the article...it sounded a bit off. That said, I could definitely see it not so much dinging Harry's singing but more so being annoyed at the comparisons, especially if Mick thinks they sound nothing alike.

• LilyLark changed the title to Mick Jagger (edited: possibly) shades Harry Styles in new interview
Meat

Off topic but I adore Mick and I’m so glad he loves Gaga. She even sold her Hollywood Hills home to his daughter a few months ago. 

RichAssPiss

There is no shade in this. He is literally saying Harry doesn't emulate his voice or movements but just resembles him superficially. He is saying Harry doesn't copy him, but yes, they do look a bit alike.

Helxig

I don't think it's shade, I think he's just addressing the comparisons

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

I agree with most of the comments above. There's no shade. He's pointing out the differences. 

I just googled Mick Jagger Harry Styles, and it came back with a few headlines slanted as 'Mick shades Harry'. I blame social media for most things these days, but this kind of stuff is actually as old as the hills. Mick didn't call a press conference and announce that he had something to say about Harry. He was responding to a question in an interview, and we don't even know whar that question was. The question could even have been along the lines of'what do you think of the suggestion by some people that Harry is a Jagger rip-off'. If the question was anytbing like that, then the answer is actually Mick defending Harry.

He’s right tho. When u compare u see Mick has raw passionate talent plus his songs are million times better 

Schwerk
9 hours ago, Meat said:

Off topic but I adore Mick and I’m so glad he loves Gaga. She even sold her Hollywood Hills home to his daughter a few months ago. 

What, she sold the Zappa home? What a shame, it's such a stunning place! I'm totally in love with it, its like a wondrous treehouse. Wonder why Gaga chose to sell it, seeing as it had the studio and all.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Archived