STUNNING:giveup: 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not The Real Gaga
2 hours ago, Oriane said:

Meanwhile here's what a cosplayer did, from the comments:

FTSnPA8WUAM0U05?format=jpg&name=small

This is too busy for film and a photoshopped still.

Rachel's dress will look different in the right lighting, setting... and after post-productio .

JanStan

This is just embarrassing. It’s so literal and that is what makes it look like a costume. And not even a good one. Yikes. 

KORG

The dress looks terrible in these pics, but when you look closer it's full of detail so will likely look really great depending on the lighting used.

Galagala

Her voice and acting are all stunning in West Side Story. :firega:She's the next big star in Hollywood for sure.

Galvon

I have so many opinions on this, I try to keep it short.

I don't really like this dress, because I don't think it's a refreshing take on the look of Snow White. Though tbf I also don't like how Snow White and other disney princesses have been branded in recent years. (weird hairstyles, too much glitter)

I'm mostly disapointed because the costume designer for this movie is the same designer who did Cinderella (2015), which had beautiful costumes.

It will probably look better on screen, but so far I'm not convinced.

elijahfan
1 hour ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

Rachel's dress will look different in the right lighting, setting... and after post-productio .

For sure, but I guess my issue here is how identical it is to the animated version. Something that works in drawing form doesn't necessarily translate well irl. I feel like these live action adaptations are the opportunity to update these stories and give them a fresh feel, which they are doing by having a diverse cast. I don't understand why they're willing to update a lot of things but the costumes are staying exactly the same. She literally looks like a Disney park cast member.

Not The Real Gaga
20 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

For sure, but I guess my issue here is how identical it is to the animated version. Something that works in drawing form doesn't necessarily translate well irl. I feel like these live action adaptations are the opportunity to update these stories and give them a fresh feel, which they are doing by having a diverse cast. I don't understand why they're willing to update a lot of things but the costumes are staying exactly the same. She literally looks like a Disney park cast member.

Omg I actually wanted to tag you and ask for your opinion but forgot :giveup:

And I agree! I guess this costume is too connected with the Disney version and brand in general? They could have done something more creative

There seem to be a lot of details in her costume though (also in the yellow fabric, when zooming in), so I hope it will look good on screen

Ps. Say hi to Ashley Park from me please x I'm a Mean Girls fan :hor:

tylertremallose
On 5/20/2022 at 2:40 PM, JoanneMonster said:

not snow white's dress from the disney parks looking x10 times better

also that shade of blue... a choice

the one from shanghai disney is so pretty to me

it should start at the spot when your press play, but if not, 2:30 

tylertremallose

they should have had Designer Daddy do the costumes

122679298_2569692700008821_5313960280252

elijahfan
1 hour ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

Omg I actually wanted to tag you and ask for your opinion but forgot :giveup:

And I agree! I guess this costume is too connected with the Disney version and brand in general? They could have done something more creative

There seem to be a lot of details in her costume though (also in the yellow fabric, when zooming in), so I hope it will look good on screen

Ps. Say hi to Ashley Park from me please x I'm a Mean Girls fan :hor:

Yes, it will definitely look much better on film.

Sure will :spin: Don’t know when I’ll see Ashley again tho, as I’m skipping season 3. I have other stuff on my plate :river:

Not The Real Gaga
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

Yes, it will definitely look much better on film.

Sure will :spin: Don’t know when I’ll see Ashley again tho, as I’m skipping season 3. I have other stuff on my plate :river:

Really 😱 Got hired for another show?

elijahfan
14 minutes ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

Really 😱 Got hired for another show?

There are different reasons, one of them being that I was indeed hired on something else and schedules weren't compatible.

Archived