đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Harry Styles reveals he doesn't go full frontal in My Policeman

Teletubby

Featured Posts

TortureMeOnReplay
14 minutes ago, Glojuice said:

What’s interesting is Harry plays a role of a guy who doesn’t openly tell people he’s gay but has a private relationship with a man. Wait!!! Actually this role is perfect for Harry, don’t you think? And this whole stealing roles from gay men, you must be obtuse if you think Harry Styles is stealing roles. No, these movies get made because he’s a huge star that will automatically garner a huge audience. He’s not the casting director. If I’m not mistaken, he’s given a stellar, possibly award winning performance in the movie. Why would he say no to this great opportunity. Also do you attack the actors of Love Victor, Young Royals etc for not being openly gay. Even Omar Rudberg hasn’t officially come out as gay. And please give me some evidence of Harry profiting of gays and stealing roles from gays. His most popular song is about Vajayjays 

Y'all really jump through some weird mental loops to be okay with a man exploiting a community's mental and physical pain for personal gain. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Micmaky
26 minutes ago, pachinko said:

Harry is NOT the biggest male star in the world. Bad Bunny is. :music: Try again, sis. :queenga:

I just did a Google trend comparison between Harry Styles and Bad Bunny, Harry was above 90% in a majority of countries except for South America. And even in South America, it was pretty even in some countries. Yeah, you are totally wrong. 

Micmaky
3 minutes ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Y'all really jump through some weird mental loops to be okay with a man exploiting a community's mental and physical pain for personal gain. 

Omg what are you on about? You literally have absolutely no evidence for anything you are saying. How on heavens name has he done anything to exploit an entire queer community’s mental anguish. This is so extreme.
Also I’m not sure you know this but he has a pretty substantial queer fan following, probably the biggest following for any male singer. 

Aussie
5 hours ago, NATAH said:

him playing the role of a gay man but being so aloof about his sexuality irl feels... off, to me personally

Following James Franco’s steps it seems

pachinko
33 minutes ago, Glojuice said:

Please come to Australia and ask people on the street if they know who tf Bad bunny is. Haha. Harry is the biggest male star in the world 🌎 full stop. 

Global Spotify disagrees. :staymad: What’s the last record Harry broke? 

BBhomemaker

When you want that rainbow money but don’t want to be called “a gay”

For someone who doesn’t care about labels and sexuality he does looks very talkative about it and make sure everyone is getting their attention on it. Would the word “Gay” too shameful to wear for him ? Or Honesty wouldn’t pay as much ? 

Ziggy
5 hours ago, moonsago said:

And should gay people only take gay roles? And trans people only trans roles? Ask any of these communities of actors and they will tell you that they don’t want to be boxed like that and be just the TRANS actor or the GAY actor. Please, true representation happens when these barries stop existing completely, on all ends. When it’s not even a topic of conversation, when it’s not even a thing, when you are seen as JUST an actor portraying a role. And to the subject about his sexuality, he doesn’t owe anybody an explanation or anything in general. It’s his personal life, stay for the work or don’t. 

It’s the idea that gay people don’t even get cast for straight roles so if they’re not getting cast for gay roles then do they have ANY place in Hollywood? That’s the issue. If there was equity then, yea, skill would be the only concern but equality without equity doesn’t amount  to much

Micmaky
8 minutes ago, pachinko said:

Global Spotify disagrees. :staymad: What’s the last record Harry broke? 

You joking right? As it was literally broke the most streamed male song and a few other records. Look at Bad Bunny’s discography on Wikipedia. He hardly has any traction in a lot of countries. We all know that kpop and Latin songs are lot more streamed locally than other genres. Doesn’t make Bad Bunny the biggest star in the world, for someone to be the biggest in the world they need to be known outside a few countries. 

NATAH
7 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

It’s the idea that gay people don’t even get cast for straight roles so if they’re not getting cast for gay roles then do they have ANY place in Hollywood? That’s the issue. If there was equity then, yea, skill would be the only concern but equality without equity doesn’t amount  to much

thank you for wording what i wanted to say but couldn't come up with :selena:

mother, what must i do?

pachinko
31 minutes ago, Glojuice said:

You joking right? As it was literally broke the most streamed male song and a few other records. Look at Bad Bunny’s discography on Wikipedia. He hardly has any traction in a lot of countries. We all know that kpop and Latin songs are lot more streamed locally than other genres. Doesn’t make Bad Bunny the biggest star in the world, for someone to be the biggest in the world they need to be known outside a few countries. 

Australia is hardly a market though. I’m curious as to who you rank as #2 and #3. 

Borisapillar
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

If you’re into Harry’s music solely because of his potential sexuality, maybe you’re the problem.

who said that

Paco

His greatest talent is queer baiting, he should get an oscar for that. Because let's be real he wont get one for acting

Micmaky
22 minutes ago, pachinko said:

Australia is hardly a market though. I’m curious as to who you rank as #2 and #3. 

Did I only mention Australia though? I wrote about  the Google trends and discography worldwide. Bad Bunny is definitely not worldwide, I think even some Bad Bunny fans would acknowledge that he’s yet to break into a number of markets. Number 2 Bieber, 3 Weeknd

jeremiahsaint1000

i just feel like hes str8 and he needs to stop queerbaiting, u can be an ally without using the gay community for ur own personal gain 

we would love him just as much if he was an ally and was honest about his sexuality instead of always dodging the question but saying suggestive things that make people wonder lol 

like him saying a few years ago dont knock it till u try it referring to sleeping with men, but weve only seen him with women........ 

moonsago
12 hours ago, Chomby said:

Regardless of all the rose-tinted nonsense you're spouting, lgbtqia actors are losing roles (i.e. paychecks) to straight actors across the board. It doesn't matter how things should be, that's how things are. I can't believe we're still having this conversation and this point still has to be made.

You must be stuck in the same pre 2015 mentality because you are obviously failing to see the way the world is changing. Gay and other queer people are thriving in the media  today better than they have ever in history and our community is being represented on multiple levels. This is the problem with some of you, the way you talk and address problems or situations is not on par with the way the world is moving. The media is more inclusive more than ever, so your comment about losing paychecks could have applied a few years back but not today, and definitely not for being gay ( isolated cases don’t count, we don’t generalize the exceptions ) take a literal scroll on Netflix to see queer actors in all kinds of roles and also queer characters in queer-centered shows. Stop acting like we are ALWAYS discriminated against and no change is ever happening or note worthy, it’s literally what puts the straights off too, our constant victim mentality not matter the progress made. It’s slow but that’s how change happens, you can’t turn the world on it’s head over night but you can’t also dismiss the changes that do happen because it’s not yet the place we want to end up to. 

12 hours ago, Melancholia said:

if you'd be happy with a group of people constantly belittling you and making you miserable, just to take on a role that resembles you when it looks profitable, then go ahead. but don't stop other people being upset.

a lot of gay people have suffered at the hands of straight people. they don't want that same group 'representing' them for a paycheck. i don't know why that's so hard to see. maybe your viewpoint will be relevant when homophobia no longer exists, but that certainly is not now.

Just because certain straight people are homophobic that doesn’t mean all of them are. And just because some are/were that doesn’t mean others can’t play gay characters... are you seriously generalizing an entire group of people because of some’s actions? That’s literally what our community has been trying to fight against, to not be seen as just promiscuous for example or other generalizations that have been brought upon us. My viewpoint is relevant now, change happens when we approach inclusivity on all levels and accept giving too. There’s no way to measure or see when proceeding as you say will be valid because how are we gonna know when homophobia won’t exist? And should gays only play gays until then? Or you want them to play straights too? Just not other way around. Do you seriously think that’s what queer people want? To be BOXED for their entire career as well? As an example, I forgot the actresses’ real name, but the trans woman that played Elektra in Pose said it herself that she doesn’t want to play just trans women in the future. Wake up, you are boxing and harming your own community with this mentality. 

Archived