Shea Coulée drags Justin Bieber for recording session cancellation

COOOK

Featured Posts

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ALGAYDO
9 minutes ago, Way0ut said:

She’s a fierce queen but I will always have a chip on my shoulder from when she was hating on gaga/born this way. 

I completely forgot about her dragging Gaga and BTW :saladga:

Suddenyl I don’t feel bad about her sessions being canceled :sis:

HelloBarbara

People don’t understand sarcasm and irony clearly.

Hiiieee

blackpink

people that backtrack because they got dragged are SO funny 

Roughhouse Dandy

Why exactly is this being perceived as "backtracking"? The first post was obviously a joke. Is pointing out a joke backtracking now? I'm confused. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

Ziggy

…people took that seriously?…

y’all are dense lmao it was sarcasm to the supreme. She literally said “he’s a Grammy winner but what drag race did he win?” Like y’all she’s not serious ffs there’s nothing to own except y’all’s Own mess for not getting what is obviously a joke lmao 

Jose P
7 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

…people took that seriously?…

y’all are dense lmao it was sarcasm to the supreme. She literally said “he’s a Grammy winner but what drag race did he win?” Like y’all she’s not serious ffs there’s nothing to own except y’all’s Own mess for not getting what is obviously a joke lmao 

GGD being extremely dense and unable to identify obvious joking? Ru never…

jeremiahsaint1000

will never support shea after she cried about gaga arriving on season 9 then dragging lg cuz of her BTW and joanne eras. gaga has done more for the lgbt community than shea has - and sorry but i dont even think shea is one of the top drag race girls. i will never support someone who trashes gaga lol

Ziggy
38 minutes ago, jeremiahsaint1000 said:

will never support shea after she cried about gaga arriving on season 9 then dragging lg cuz of her BTW and joanne eras. gaga has done more for the lgbt community than shea has - and sorry but i dont even think shea is one of the top drag race girls. i will never support someone who trashes gaga lol

I mean…90% of the people in the fandom have dragged both albums at one point or another. Also super weird to say someone has done more for the community than another when you yourself have probably done even less like…we don’t need that energy for people actually giving to the community in huge public ways. Though also bear in mind that it’s virtually impossible for one to contribute the same as the other? Gaga is on a whole other level than a drag queen in terms of status and privilege like??? Within her control, Shea has done a LOT for queer folk in her work especially Black queer folk just as Gaga has done a lot within her control and capacity. We can lose that energy coming into pride month given the climate rn cmon now

it’s really not as serious as you’re making it to be. She thought two albums were mid. So did plenty of others in the past and currently lmao

jeremiahsaint1000
6 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I mean…90% of the people in the fandom have dragged both albums at one point or another. Also super weird to say someone has done more for the community than another when you yourself have probably done even less like…we don’t need that energy for people actually giving to the community in huge public ways. Though also bear in mind that it’s virtually impossible for one to contribute the same as the other? Gaga is on a whole other level than a drag queen in terms of status and privilege like??? Within her control, Shea has done a LOT for queer folk in her work especially Black queer folk just as Gaga has done a lot within her control and capacity. We can lose that energy coming into pride month given the climate rn cmon now

it’s really not as serious as you’re making it to be. She thought two albums were mid. So did plenty of others in the past and currently lmao

lmao why u gotta make it personal against me i didnt say **** to you. shea has done more than i have cuz shes a drag queen, but just like she has done more than me, gaga has done more than she will ever - and how you gonna give shea a pass for her "level of impact" cuz shes not as famous as gaga but u wont give me the same pass, especially when you have no idea how many events and charities ive done volunteer work for. 

AND she didnt just say it was mediocre, she basically said gaga was pandering to the fans and basically using the lgbt community for sales when we know gaga is the last person to do that - to say that its "one note" when so many gay kids used that album to escape a society where they were being vilified and crucified. 

and her take on gaga doing joanne as a desperate attempt to "gain streams from trump supporters" was so random and weird. gagas been staunchy liberal, pro gay, feminist, and pro immigrant her whole life - shes not trying to get any sympathy listens from trump supporters. 

TMM90
7 minutes ago, jeremiahsaint1000 said:

lmao why u gotta make it personal against me i didnt say **** to you. shea has done more than i have cuz shes a drag queen, but just like she has done more than me, gaga has done more than she will ever - and how you gonna give shea a pass for her "level of impact" cuz shes not as famous as gaga but u wont give me the same pass, especially when you have no idea how many events and charities ive done volunteer work for. 

AND she didnt just say it was mediocre, she basically said gaga was pandering to the fans and basically using the lgbt community for sales when we know gaga is the last person to do that - to say that its "one note" when so many gay kids used that album to escape a society where they were being vilified and crucified. 

and her take on gaga doing joanne as a desperate attempt to "gain streams from trump supporters" was so random and weird. gagas been staunchy liberal, pro gay, feminist, and pro immigrant her whole life - shes not trying to get any sympathy listens from trump supporters. 

It doesn’t read as personal. Sure its not your perspective on it?

jeremiahsaint1000
2 hours ago, TMM90 said:

It doesn’t read as personal. Sure its not your perspective on it?

"Also super weird to say someone has done more for the community than another when you yourself have probably done even less" this part was a personal dig - when i didnt say anythin to this person before 

this person doesnt know what advocacy work i have done or how many hours ive put in volunteering fundraisers and outreach programs at my university - so they had no place to say that, my comment didn't warrant that response especially since i've never interacted with this person in real life or on here. he or she couldve addressed my statements about lady gaga and shea without involving me personally 

Ziggy
4 hours ago, jeremiahsaint1000 said:

So…you understand then that your comparison of the impact was silly and a bit ridiculous, then? That’s the point of me bringing you into it. To show that. Comparing impact across levels of access to privilege, wealth, and status is just a little silly.

To the other two points…and? It’s not like she’s a straight coming in here saying this. She’s a part of the community and if from her perspective she feels pandered to (which btw was not an uncommon sentiment at the time) I get it. Born This Way the song leans a little heavy on sloganeering and plenty have said it felt less than earnest. It’s also a thin line between “I made this for the community!” And “I made this to target the community.” So again, if someone’s opinion leans one way or the other, there’s merit to both sides since they’re so close, frankly.

as for Joanne, same thing lmao I mean, she DID make it for her trump loving father so…plus all the marketing around it was VERY actively rejecting the mega queer elements of her character that made her her and going to a more modern folksy country-ish aesthetic. I don’t think there was really a huge gay audience clamoring for that album plus people did drag her for that on here at the time. And in the marketing shed say how she hated trump but that she wanted this prototype of a woman, someone who never heard a Gaga record, to be seen in her music…well the woman she described is basically a poor white woman in middle America who overwhelmingly supported trump lmao her aim was, “let’s bring more people into the Gaga fold. You have your hardcore fans (basically all gay lol), let’s try and branch out.” And the intent was she wanted to “heal” the country politically in many ways. So to that end, yes, she did pander to trump voters but not exclusively them. They just had a bigger focus, I think.

Again, had Shea not been a part of the community I think I’d have more eyebrow arches for things, but she’s a highly visible member of the queer community and if they feel thoughts about an artist within their community I don’t see the problem with calling out what, to them, was problematic behavior. Plus, again, the sentiments were not uncommon which isn’t to say they’re more valid because of that but more or less to say that she didn’t pull them out of thin air in some anti-Gaga tirade. You make some head scratching decisions, you’re gonna get some skeptical responses. That’s the way it goes. Gaga knows that and welcomes them. Hell, in 5F2, she straight acknowledged that Joanne was gonna be polarizing :laughga:

Archived