💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

The Hills & Jersey Shore reboots w/ new casts announced

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

rs_1024x759-220518143018-1024--jersey-2-

A new G.T.L. crew is headed to MTV, as the network announced reboot Jersey Shore 2.0 on May 18. Just don't get your hopes up about seeing Snooki and The Situationstumbling along the boardwalk in their mid-to-late 30s. 

"It's been 13 years since the iconic cast of Jersey Shore fist-pumped their way into our lives and stole our hearts," the network said. "Now, the time-honored tradition continues with a new group of roommates moving into their own Shore house. They may have traded their poofs for plumped pouts and UV rays for spray tans, but when things heat up in Jersey, the Shore is still the place to be to make memories all summer long."

MTV is also going back to the West Coast, rebooting its glitzy reality series The Hills with a new show called The Hills: Next Gen, according to Deadline.

"The Hills: Next Gen will feature a brand-new cast that is expected to be more diverse than the original," says Deadline. "The series will follow a close group of twenty-something friends and aspiring entrepreneurs who are coming of age in a very different L.A. They will navigate realities of race, class, identity, addiction, family drama along with the thrills of romance and becoming self-made amidst the exclusive enclave of the hills in Malibu."

Source

EGOT2027

they will never ever ever replicate the original jersey shore. the spin off is already milking that franchise for all its worth. say what you will about that show, but that original cast can never be replaced. i'm honestly shocked this got approved...just make a new real world type show like netflix (20 somethings) and so many others have done

Anderson123
18 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

"The Hills: Next Gen will feature a brand-new cast that is expected to be more diverse than the original,"

Of course.

I gotta say Jersey Shore was a guilty pleasure of mine but what made that show "good" was the cast. Isn't there like a whole expanded series of these already?

EGOT2027
8 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

Of course.

I gotta say Jersey Shore was a guilty pleasure of mine but what made that show "good" was the cast. Isn't there like a whole expanded series of these already?

this exactly. one time my dad walked in on me and my sister watching it when i was a teen and he was like "okay i hate that this is popular but yeah i totally get why this is popular." and he was cracking up at snooki. the original cast just has a charisma you can't replicate. also ron and sam?? toxic but iconic. 

suddenly trying to turn this into a real world type show is just silly. plus a lot of the italian stuff they played off and said was very very not PC and won't go over well in today's world 

EGOT2027

this also seems like an easy way to piss off the original cast if MTV wants to try and keep signing them for the reboot

LateToCult

Miss Snooki put her whole coochie in a mini fridge because it was burning. You just can’t recreate that kind of magic.

TEANUS
2 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Miss Snooki put her whole coochie in a mini fridge because it was burning. You just can’t recreate that kind of magic.

All of season 3 is PEAK Jersey Shore :ladyhaha:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

phantasmas
4 hours ago, JoanneStan420 said:

this also seems like an easy way to piss off the original cast if MTV wants to try and keep signing them for the reboot

that hashtag is sending me lmfao :deadbanana:

phantasmas
42 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

idk, my drunk ass has done the same so
 im sure there’s someone out there who is just as kooky as snooki 

Ricardo
4 hours ago, JoanneStan420 said:

am I missing something? did they know each other before the show and then presented the idea to MTV?

because if that's not the case how are they exploiting "their original show" if it's MTV the one who owns it :flop:

EGOT2027
13 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

am I missing something? did they know each other before the show and then presented the idea to MTV?

because if that's not the case how are they exploiting "their original show" if it's MTV the one who owns it :flop:

yeah her wording is a bit strange but i think the sentiment is true. they gave mtv their most popular show of all time
they made that show what it was. they wouldn’t literally still be filming all these years later if that wasn’t the case. it would be different if they had had different casts over the years but this would be like E! rebooting the kardashians with a different family lol

ChavaWM

I thought the Hills was called the Hills because it was filmed in Laguna Hills not LA?

Archived