💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Artists being forced to make TikTok

Lighter

Featured Posts

ALGAYDO
2 hours ago, Chromatography said:

when people are suffering to make ends meet with a 9-5 job, yeah, i don’t really have any sympathy for people who complain about making a short tik tok video, which from a lot of them, are just videos of them complaining about making videos. yeah, i don’t really have sympathy for rich people complaining about rich people problems. 

Being rich doesn’t mean you can’t be going through bad times 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TortureMeOnReplay
6 hours ago, thehanyo said:

Artists are never paid for PR, it's part of their contracts.

The contract that gives them an advance on their success and includes their cooperation on marketing yes. 

2 hours ago, pussycat said:

'thats the carreer u chose' 'its part of the job' is bullshet. Making music has nothing to do with social media. It's unfortunate enough that it is such an important part in relevancy and sales but that attitude is even more unfortunate imo

It's in their contracts. Asking them to make tik toks is part of their reasonable cooperation in marketing of their music and likeness. 

ssslyboy

In the 80s, when MTV was blowing up, artists began complaining that labels were forcing them to create music videos and that they had to become "tv stars" in addition to being musicians.  This is similar lol.  TikTok is now MTV

Chromatography
53 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Being rich doesn’t mean you can’t be going thought bad times 

the overreaction here who framed roger rabbit crying GIF

ALGAYDO
1 minute ago, Chromatography said:

the overreaction here who framed roger rabbit crying GIF

Yeah, your overreaction is a bit weird here 

Suuus
2 hours ago, HotLikeMexico said:

They are richer than all of us. I don’t feel the least bit sorry. Especially since they signed contracts. It’s the life the chose so they gotta commit. 

Them being rich has nothing to do with this also stop using someone's wealth as an excuse to not show sympathy for someone 

StrawberryBlond

It's no wonder artists are retiring earlier these days. The demands made of them by the industry in this day and age is unreal. You've got to promote yourself by having the full house of social media to even get noticed to get signed and then you're expected to update constantly and now the personal nature of something like TikTok ensures that they can't even get a marketing team to see to posting for them, they've got to create it themselves. As if creating music frequently and touring isn't tiring enough? Twigs says she got told off for not putting in enough effort, so it's not just carrying out the request, it's got to be of a certain standard? No wonder the likes of Doja are thinking about quitting. Artists now have even less free time to unplug than they did years ago. That's got to affect you negatively.

To all those who are saying this is what they signed up for and it's part of the job: their job is make music. It's not enough that they have to write and record music, film music videos, attend meetings, promote their work, fly all over the world touring (plus try to find time for un-winding with some downtime in amongst all that) but now they have to make daft quick clips with no relevancy that'll be watched then forgotten for an app that may not even be around forever? Remember Vine? Even people are moving on from FB now. Since when did random TikToks that don't even feature your new song help sell your music?

HotLikeMexico
58 minutes ago, Suuus said:

Them being rich has nothing to do with this also stop using someone's wealth as an excuse to not show sympathy for someone 

Boohoo.

Suuus
1 hour ago, HotLikeMexico said:

Boohoo.

Wow what a thoughtfull comeback 😒

Helxig

Lmao yess! Go girlies. I would complain too

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Robo Ga
23 hours ago, Lighter said:

im not gonna invalidate anyone’s feelings but if i was told to make 10 tiktoks in one week i don’t think i’m gonna be appalled about it i mean, i want my music to sell and they’re like 15 second videos what’s the worst that can happen:shrug:

Youve probabky never worked in content creation. That sh** is exhausting. Not to mention it lives on the internet forever, and Tiktok will roast your ass immediately if it’s deemed cringe/desperate/unfunny. I would be stressed OUT by like 1 per week lol 

🤖⚡️

Archived