Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
politics

Croatian president against Sweden and Finland joining NATO

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF
Just now, PartySick said:

So um.

Tell The Truth GIF

The history + geopolitics of the Balkans >>> quantum physics. Balkans are the place where every country has or had an irredentist goal (Albania wants Epirus, NW Macedonia and parts of Montenegro, Serbia wants Kosovo and Republica Srpska, everybody wants North Macedonia etc) It's not a coincidence WW1 started here. 

A testament to the geopolitical chaos of the Balkans is that someone will probably quote and argue with something. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ivannn

• Regina George

• sara57

• PartySick

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm from Croatia and I can say this is very very false.  How can you tell we are playing for Russia? Our prime minister was in Kyiv with Ukranian president literally 10 days ago, supporting them

I've noticed My American brain is fried just reading these posts

So this is not true. Croatian president Expressed this idea but he is not the one making the  decision . Croatian government will support their membership and Croatian ambasador to NATO will Vote yes

PartySick
1 minute ago, Ivannn said:

Croatian president Said we should block them but he has no authority to do that. 

I can work with that :lolly:

no thoughts, just 🌶️
Ivannn
1 minute ago, Regina George said:

You talked to me personally about this issue and my opinions on it? Why are we even mentioning this? Like how can someone be so delusional and think that Bosnians are treating Croats badly when Croats have best ministries in the country and are basically able to block the country whenever they want to. This is not about my people or your people. This is about what is actually right thing to do. Imagine if 17% of bosnians blocked Croatia for years and basically tortured poor people just so they could achieve something. Be human. 

You Are forgeting to mention that Croatia is one of signing parties to Dayton treaty and is obligated to oversee its application in BiH.

PartySick
Just now, FfFfFfFF said:

The history + geopolitics of the Balkans >>> quantum physics. Balkans are the place where every country has or had an irredentist goal (Albania wants Epirus, NW Macedonia and parts of Montenegro, Serbia wants Kosovo and Republica Srpska, everybody wants North Macedonia etc) It's not a coincidence WW1 started here. 

A testament to the geopolitical chaos of the Balkans is that someone will probably quote and argue with something. 

I've noticed :bear:

My American brain is fried just reading these posts :bear:

no thoughts, just 🌶️
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 5
Regina George
Just now, Ivannn said:

You Are forgeting to mention that Croatia is one of signing parties to Dayton treaty and is obligated to oversee its application in BiH.

Dayton by itself is a trashy document that solved nothing. I do agree that intervention is welcome, but to block whole country for 4 years just because you are not elected? That’s straight up torture. Please ask yourself why Dragan Covic didn’t want sanctions against Russia. That man and everyone who supports him is no good. 

• Like 1
sara57
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

You are completely right :sweat:

I'm from Croatia, my father is Croat and my mother is Serb, and a half of my family lives in Bosnia. 

Imagine our family lunches:air:

Edited by sara57
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
Ivannn
Just now, Regina George said:

Dayton by itself is a trashy document that solved nothing. I do agree that intervention is welcome, but to block whole country for 4 years just because you are not elected? That’s straight up torture. Please ask yourself why Dragan Covic didn’t want sanctions against Russia. That man and everyone who supports him is no good. 

You can call Dayton trash but it is a foundation of modern day BiH.

I do not agree with Covic and I did not know he did not want sanctions.

You can be sure that Croats do not support Covic as he maybe tries to present.

Regina George
Just now, Ivannn said:

You can call Dayton trash but it is a foundation of modern day BiH.

I do not agree with Covic and I did not know he did not want sanctions.

You can be sure that Croats do not support Covic as he maybe tries to present.

I hope so. I’m sorry if I came of as rude or unpleasant but this topic is very triggering for me. My family was affected by war and we’re still dealing with that. Just imagine how stressful it is to watch people who want to destroy your country constantly talking about it and basically threatening you. Milanovic said today that Croatian military is able to infiltrate Bosnia and that it’s their right to do so. Imagine living with that. 

• Love 2
Ivannn
8 minutes ago, Regina George said:

I hope so. I’m sorry if I came of as rude or unpleasant but this topic is very triggering for me. My family was affected by war and we’re still dealing with that. Just imagine how stressful it is to watch people who want to destroy your country constantly talking about it and basically threatening you. Milanovic said today that Croatian military is able to infiltrate Bosnia and that it’s their right to do so. Imagine living with that. 

I am in my 20’s and I do not know a single person who think Croatia should Play a role in internal BiH affairs. Majority of people actually get iritated on things Like this.

• Like 2
Debithius
1 hour ago, dit said:

Turkey's reason was that Sweden and Finland harbor and host PKK terrorists (which is a proven fact). Still not a good move in my opinion because Finland and Sweden's safety are at risk but you can kind of almost understand their hesitation and their attempt at getting Sweden and Finland to comply...Croatia's reason seems ESPECIALLY dumb though...how does the rights of the Croats in Bosnia have anything to do with Sweden and Finland? 

And there are tons of NATO nations hosting these people and Turkey still seem to not have any issues with them. Croatia's reasoning doesn't make any sense at all.

dit
27 minutes ago, Debithius said:

And there are tons of NATO nations hosting these people and Turkey still seem to not have any issues with them. Croatia's reasoning doesn't make any sense at all.

yeah but Turkey has no leverage over members already in. Of course it is taking advantage of having leverage now in regards to Sweden and Finland. Sad but in terms of realpolitics it makes sense.

Debithius
7 hours ago, dit said:

yeah but Turkey has no leverage over members already in. Of course it is taking advantage of having leverage now in regards to Sweden and Finland. Sad but in terms of realpolitics it makes sense.

Funny thing is he let in other countries who host those people though :billie:

Neroneau

A topic about a Balkan country has turned sour, as always with every Balkan topic lmao 

Emvee

Nationalism is such a poison :toofunny:

Its no better than religion. Blind allegiance to a social construct. 

AnnaNicoleSmith

Eastern europe is a mess, Russia the big bully making everyone panic