About TCB Spoilers... PLEASE do not put spoilers in thread titles as we have some users wishing to remain spoiler free. Please show kindness and respect. Thank you! ×

MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
politics

Russia will respond to Finland with ”surprise”

Featured Posts

Gov Hooka
On 5/18/2022 at 5:10 PM, Dennis said:

I just continue to be amazed by how many Putin apologists I encounter online. It's mindblowing. Even on GagaDaily there's plenty of them.

Because anyone who disagrees with your geopolitical stance is a Putin apologist. Of course you’re going to be in a constant state of amazement 

• LMAO 1
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LoliLux

• FfFfFfFF

• PartySick

• Gov Hooka

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finland seems to have learned nothing what happens with countries that want to join NATO and border Russia and will soon face the same fate as them, I hope someone sues the politicians who opted for p

Wow, probably the most uniformed post I have read today. Russia didn’t invade Ukraine because of NATO… Jesus. Do you also think Ukraine is insalving their citizens because they are all Nazis?

You know Putin just used that "NATO expansion" thing as an excuse, right? Then it was "Ukraine is run by nazis" or some crap. If Putin (or whatever fool that replaces him if that coup is real) wa

Gov Hooka
On 5/18/2022 at 3:42 PM, PartySick said:

That's nonsense though :laughga:

Like, let's say that's actually true and Russia really is concerned about NATO expansion. Then they're wrong. It's a defense alliance. Not an offensive one. The only reason Russia's neighbors are even considering NATO membership is because Russia is threatening them.

The US is not a role model for military foreign relations :bear:

Don't forget that time a bunch of Iranian and Afghan terrorists (that we created, btw) were working out of Pakistan to attack us so our answer to that attack was to invade...Iraq :deadbanana: overthrowing governments, arming eventual terrorists, if you can defend Russia by saying "well the US did it too" then Russia is wrong :deadbanana:

I'm going to leave this bit for the people who are more informed of the politics of that region but to the rest of your points, you can't bow to Russia just because they're bullying and threatening their neighbors. It's like telling the gay kid to stop holding hands with his boyfriend at school and the bullies will stop picking on him or telling a woman to not wear a skirt if she doesn't want to get assaulted. It's backwards reasoning and lends itself to victim blaming.

Really sick and tired of the users on this site including you peddling this revisionist take that NATO is a “defensive” alliance. Makes debating this topic completely a waste on here. Open up a ****ing history book is all I can say. 

Gov Hooka
On 5/18/2022 at 3:06 PM, LoliLux said:

Finland seems to have learned nothing what happens with countries that want to join NATO and border Russia and will soon face the same fate as them, I hope someone sues the politicians who opted for provocation rather than neutrality. This will only increase tensions between the West and Russia, increase the risk of a nuclear war and 'cause a super-inflation in Europa because the circle of sanctions and counter-sanctions will continue. I don't know what else needs to happen , until people realize that an expansion of NATO towards Russia will lead into a gigantic escalation.

It’s like everyone in here wants to be in denial about the fact that agitating a country with the second largest nuclear arsenal should be taken seriously. 
if European countries were smart they would apply the same military protections to one another within the EU and seek to exit NATO which consists of the warmongering nation of the US. It’s very clear that the worsening economic conditions within several EU countries (and the US for that matter) will lead to more isolationist politics as were already seeing in political trends in several countries. These worsening economic conditions go hand in hand with increased attention to military spending. 

PartySick
6 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

It’s like everyone in here wants to be in denial about the fact that agitating a country with the second largest nuclear arsenal should be taken seriously. 

They're agitating Russia by...promising to defend them if they're invaded by Russia?

And somehow Russia isn't the bad guy in that situation? :laughga:

It's giving "stop being gay and maybe the bullies will stop picking on you" :spin:

I'd do anything to numb the flame
  • Thanks 1
Ronk
46 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

Really sick and tired of the users on this site including you peddling this revisionist take that NATO is a “defensive” alliance. Makes debating this topic completely a waste on here. Open up a ****ing history book is all I can say. 

NATO did not threaten to attack Russia.  They are only prepared to defend against Russian attacks.

Putin will continue to try to reconstitute the Soviet Union and attack countries until he is stopped.  He needs to be put in his place and learn that he does not control the world, he only controls Russia.  Imo, western countries should move troops into Ukraine and kick Russia out, including Crimea.  The world stopped Hitler, now they must stop Putin.   Until Putin learns he is not boss of the world he will continue to attack sovereign countries.  He needs to be told he is treading on thin ice and the world will take no more of his bullying.  I think Putin realizes that if he went nuclear, he can't win because Moscow would disappear from the face of the earth.

I live outside the space time continuum.
The Powerpuff Girl
Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2022 at 10:21 PM, LoliLux said:

Of course, this is clearly the reason and this has been said many times. What makes you think this is not the reason?

Ukraine was living in peace after 1991, until politcians wanted to join NATO in the early 2010s and then it was attacked for the first time. The same with Georgia. So how do you explain that Ukraine was not attacked in times when it did not want to join NATO?

Other countries like Mongolia and Kazakhstan that border Russia, that did not want to join NATO, were never attacked by Russia since 1991. it is a matter of fact, that since 1991, Russia never attacked a country that did not want to join NATO and that all countries that opted for neutrality , were never attacked by Russia since 1991. This is why neutrality is the best option for Finland.

No, I don't think that Ukraine is a Nazi country because it is not a Nazi country.

So they should live in fear and do nothing about their security just because they can provoke Russia? 😬

Edited by The Powerpuff Girl
Sugar, spice, and everything nice.
  • Thanks 1