Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
economy

Girl gets charged $40 for crying at doctor

Featured Posts

Dojo
6 minutes ago, CannaeDrive said:

On the other hand what would be justified and rightful to do is to charge Monstrosities $1000 + each time they whine, complain or meltdown.

and who would collect the money? Gaga? :oprah: don't give her or her team more ideas! 

• LMAO 1
WhiteWitch

It says the provider was billed $40 for a mental health screening. This is a flame bait post with little to react on. I want to see the “patient responsibility” section because I bet it was a copay since they clearly had insurance. Which means the insurance paid that, not her sister. 

• Thanks 2
Fingerella

everyone should just leave america tbh. 

reysus
3 hours ago, InTheCloset said:

If healthcare is expensive do doctors get paid a lot there?

generally, yes. especially if you're in a specialized field (cardiologist, anesthesiologist). I think pediatricians make the least but they're definitely not struggling. It's the healthcare corporate execs and insurance companies that are responsible for most of the price gouging

• Thanks 1
Dojo
41 minutes ago, WhiteWitch said:

It says the provider was billed $40 for a mental health screening. This is a flame bait post with little to react on. I want to see the “patient responsibility” section because I bet it was a copay since they clearly had insurance. Which means the insurance paid that, not her sister. 

i copy pasted what the tweet says 

i am not american so i'm not versed in most things

i am not flame baiting.

gypsy Hero

Do you have to pay all the things that are listed there? 
When i get my medications i also see the market price with around 1500€ but then theres the other column with the price I have to pay, usually 5€… is there also another column here? 

• Like 1
SamanthaC

Doesn’t compare to my $16k hospital bill I received last week. And that’s with insurance. :selena:

she/her/hers
  • Shook 6
  • Sad 1
Gabi001

Seeing this I'm realy glad I live in Europe with free healthcare

I'm not having fun tonight.
  • Love 1
TortureMeOnReplay
1 hour ago, reysus said:

generally, yes. especially if you're in a specialized field (cardiologist, anesthesiologist). I think pediatricians make the least but they're definitely not struggling. It's the healthcare corporate execs and insurance companies that are responsible for most of the price gouging

But at the same time healthcare providers don't charge a standardized fee to insurance companies either. Their rates also depend on individual insurance companies. If they can make a deal with an insurance company, they bill for as much as a insurance company will cover. 

StarstruckIllusion
57 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

Doesn’t compare to my $16k hospital bill I received last week. And that’s with insurance. :selena:

Oh girl try this vid:

• Thanks 1
StarstruckIllusion
6 hours ago, Frank Potion said:

Chile... that stands for "Brief Emotional/Behavioral Assessment"

They didn't charge her for crying it was a mental health screening :awkney:

Um?? The rest of these charges have nothing to do with mental health. Clearly they forced an assessment on her bc she was crying during her physical. They didn’t even address why she was crying. This is BS lmao 

Not The Real Gaga
1 hour ago, SamanthaC said:

That's insane. I really don't get your healthcare system.

:saladga:

Hopefully such bill won't bring you into any struggle :heart:

• Like 1
Economy
7 hours ago, Frank Potion said:

Chile... that stands for "Brief Emotional/Behavioral Assessment"

They didn't charge her for crying it was a mental health screening :awkney:

Tbh. I had a feeling when I saw this title that it was misleading. It makes it sound like it was some kind of a fine charged for her crying

They charged because a service associated with that crying was given

I'm not saying it isn't over priced or defending for profit healthcare before everyone comes at me. I'm simply saying what the title implies isn't what happened