💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

I Saw Everything Everywhere All At Once

ItWasntLaauv

Featured Posts

thierryrreiht

Saw it last night as well

While I recognize the quality of it (acting, script, effects, action sequences) it didn't stay with me after I left the cinema. While I was biking home, I didn't have a single thought about the movie. Also, I felt bad not laughing at some of the scenes, where most people around me were almost cry-laughing (i.e the butt-plugs, the weird fingers). I didn't feel anything during the emotional sequences (parking lot speech) either. 

IDK I guess I just saw the message it wanted to convey really early in the story, and then I was unable to connect to what was going on on the screen. Like "yeah yeah ok I get the message".

That being said, I wouldn't say "don't watch it" to anyone, because I know it's a well-made movie that most people will enjoy. I guess I have a stone cold heart, because no emotions were triggered by it. Glad it was a Tuesday though (tickets are half price).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monstertoronto

I LOvED this movie!! It was amazing. Exciting, freaky, emotional, suspenseful…everything you want in a movie. 

Jose P
19 hours ago, ManMan said:

Is it better than MoMMarvel?

A24 movie vs Disney/Marvel movie. The question answers itself 

RAMROD
3 minutes ago, Jose P said:

A24 movie vs Disney/Marvel movie. The question answers itself 

Elitist superiority spotted 

200.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

hoeslay
11 hours ago, thierryrreiht said:

Saw it last night as well

While I recognize the quality of it (acting, script, effects, action sequences) it didn't stay with me after I left the cinema. While I was biking home, I didn't have a single thought about the movie. Also, I felt bad not laughing at some of the scenes, where most people around me were almost cry-laughing (i.e the butt-plugs, the weird fingers). I didn't feel anything during the emotional sequences (parking lot speech) either. 

IDK I guess I just saw the message it wanted to convey really early in the story, and then I was unable to connect to what was going on on the screen. Like "yeah yeah ok I get the message".

That being said, I wouldn't say "don't watch it" to anyone, because I know it's a well-made movie that most people will enjoy. I guess I have a stone cold heart, because no emotions were triggered by it. 

SAME!!!!

And I'm someone who DOES often cry during movies. I was more so like "lol that's cute" or a light chuckle during the funny moments. I found the movie very wholesome but I couldn't connect to it too deeply. I also don't know if I FULLY understand the concepts so I'm gonna have to watch a breakdown video 🙃 

I'm not big on multiverse type situations. It was hard for me to feel like stakes were ever high when literally anything could happen at any moment. I don't feel like I REALLY got to know these characters especially since there's multiple versions of them. Nothing felt toooo particularly significant in it that had me super engaged and on the edge of my seat. I was kinda just smiling here and there and had some "lol nice" moments. Definitely a fun movie though.

I might report back with new thoughts if the breakdown opens my eyes or changes my mind. 

badfaith

OMG I saw it on soap2day last night and wow! My favorite scenes are probably the fight scenes, rock scene, and the resolution on the parking lot. I actually find it similar to Turning Red, where it is about generational trauma of Asian parents and their children. I also related especially to the parents only being tolerable to your sexuality but never really accepting it wholeheartedly and it really made me ugly cry. Probably rewatching it tonight.

Tempest

I cried so hard for the last 30 minutes and the rest of the day lol. It’s so good

Roughhouse Dandy

It has quickly become one of my favorite movies of all time. I know my opinion means nothing, but I'm a giant film buff, and that's a big deal for me lol

A24 is always interesting, and the trailer was fun, but I went into it expecting a surrealist martial arts movie a la Kung Fu Hustle. It is partially that, but so much more. The way it juggles entire universes and still ends up feeling contained and rooted in simplicity is a work of miracle. The editing, acting, directing, light design, costume design, sound design, EVERYTHING is on constantly on point. 

P.s. Do yourself a favor and listen to the score whether you've seen the movie or not. The band who made it, Son Lux, is incredible as well. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

Thomas P

I think it might be the best movie i’ve ever seen. I’ve never felt that way leaving a theatre before. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

AkariGaga
21 hours ago, ManMan said:

Is it better than MoMMarvel?

Yes,it is . A must see movie

monstertoronto
2 hours ago, badfaith said:

OMG I saw it on soap2day last night and wow! My favorite scenes are probably the fight scenes, rock scene, and the resolution on the parking lot. I actually find it similar to Turning Red, where it is about generational trauma of Asian parents and their children. I also related especially to the parents only being tolerable to your sexuality but never really accepting it wholeheartedly and it really made me ugly cry. Probably rewatching it tonight.

The rock scene!!!  😂😂😂

PatrickMonster

One of the best movies of all time and all my friends agreed

Galagala

I love everything except the screenplay of the  second-half of "Everywhere" part.

Love the "Racoonie" scene!

21 hours ago, Helxig said:

I want to see this SO BAD but I don't think it will play in cinemas near me :smh:

It can now be streamed, right?:kiss:

Archived