• Created
  • Last Reply
The Fame Monster

:stalkga: You’re still talking about this? :laughga:

Find your freedom in the music

elijahfan
7 hours ago, Fingerella said:

just wanna tag you and hear your thoughts on this @elijahfan

Bob is obviously making very valid points, as are conservationists. At the end of the day I'm not saying this was the best idea, but the fact Kim pulled it off is still major, albeit questionable.

Honestly, it warms my heart to see everyone protecting Marilyn's legacy out of pure reverence and love (she sure didn't get enough when she was alive). I just wish this sentiment wasn't expressed at the expense of a woman who's still very much alive, and I'll go as far as saying I'm not sure Marilyn would've approved of being celebrated through another woman being decried in such a violent way.

Ziggy
57 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Bob is obviously making very valid points, as are conservationists. At the end of the day I'm not saying this was the best idea, but the fact Kim pulled it off is still major, albeit questionable.

Honestly, it warms my heart to see everyone protecting Marilyn's legacy out of pure reverence and love (she sure didn't get enough when she was alive). I just wish this sentiment wasn't expressed at the expense of a woman who's still very much alive, and I'll go as far as saying I'm not sure Marilyn would've approved of being celebrated through another woman being decried in such a violent way.

Eh I mean she’s being decried because she’s purposefully doing sh1t to irritate people :laughga:

elijahfan
16 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Eh I mean she’s being decried because she’s purposefully doing sh1t to irritate people :laughga:

I think the main purpose was to honor Marilyn. And to make people talk, sure. But I don't think irritating people was her main goal, tho she most definitely expected it.

Fanta
20 hours ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

Ive ALWAYS wondered how they managed to get that far and it's fascinating. I have a feeling that Kim marrying Kanye might have propelled Kim K to super stardom and changed her from simple reality tv show to something else entirely (being invited to places she never been before)

It was definitely that. Kanye essentially taught K*m how to 'be' famous (the pretentious attitude she and her family adopted today) ; he had them all cosplaying like royalty (none of them ever once exuded confidence), and for a lot of braindead people all it takes is an image for an idea to be cemented.

Personally, I wouldn't be annoyed if they exploited the many weak points of fame and media for all eternity if they were not shady, problematic and lying individuals. It's that after all these years they still enjoy feeding off of negativity and backlash. It's just pathetic, but on a worldwide scale.

Ziggy
10 hours ago, elijahfan said:

I think the main purpose was to honor Marilyn. And to make people talk, sure. But I don't think irritating people was her main goal, tho she most definitely expected it.

Idk like…she also thought it was a gag to have a piece of her hair (which is apparently not real anyway lol). I have a hard time seeing that as honoring Marilyn. I think she sees Marilyn as an icon and wanted to emulate and icon. Nothing more complicated to it, really. Doing so draws up controversy and press/

Archived