Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

RINA SAWAYAMA - THIS HELL (OUT NOW)

chemicalx

Featured Posts

RAMROD
2 hours ago, Suspiria said:

Lyrically I hate it. Like is the whole "gays go to hell" thing even relevant anymore, the last time I saw anything like that was a decade ago. And the whole defanging the devil thing is so tired.

What? This is deluded vision. Just months ago we have "Don't say gay" bill turned into law in Florida, USA. And there are hundreds of countries still not allowing LGBTQIA+ person to be who they are freely or facing repercussions or even death penalty VS 30 countries who does.  Count your privilege, fam. Cos not many have that still! :smh:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ladle Ghoulash
3 hours ago, Suspiria said:

Lyrically I hate it. Like is the whole "gays go to hell" thing even relevant anymore, the last time I saw anything like that was a decade ago. And the whole defanging the devil thing is so tired.

Sonically it's pretty fun though. Still hyped for the album.

The way gays are literally being demonized by the entire Republican Party in the US, with a large contingency believing the LGBTQ+ community are groomers, pedophiles, and devil worshippers and this is your take? 

Ladle Ghoulash
1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

What? This is deluded vision. Just months ago we have "Don't say gay" bill turned into law in Florida, USA. And there are hundreds of countries still not allowing LGBTQIA+ person to be who they are freely or facing repercussions or even death penalty VS 30 countries who does.  Count your privilege, fam. Cos not many have that still! :smh:

This! 

papergangster

Was it taken off Apple Music for anyone else? It removed it off mine and isn’t showing up anymore. 

tyler k
6 hours ago, Suspiria said:

Like is the whole "gays go to hell" thing even relevant anymore, the last time I saw anything like that was a decade ago. And the whole defanging the devil thing is so tired.

have you not see what's happening to LGBTQ+ rights in America..... :bear:

it's still very much relevant.

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

RodeckDanny

This is a REALLY GOOD bop. Oh my god. I need a music video

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

Chesescake

I found most part of this song amusing and poppy, only that Britney line is kinda cringe.

OMonster

First listen, I wasn't sure. I felt the lyrics were a little bit too cliche and confused. Comparing religious hell and homophobia with celebrity hell and paparazzi felt a bit contrived and 'shoe-horned' for the gay references, as did the 'devil wears prada' line.

But... on second listen, I'm in love! The lower vocals in the chorus are fantastic and the song is very, very catchy. I'm also kind of loving the gay references now by accepting the song for what it is - a fun gay anthem. 

'Got my invitation to eternal damnation' is a great lyric. Would be fun if she promoted the song with actual invitations from the devil sent to fans + radio stations + other artists + in random cities across the world. Would be cool promo to be honest. The tour could also be called 'The Eternal Damnation Tour'. 

Definitely hear the lyrical and sonic influence of the BTW album. I agree with the user above who said the theme feels quite 'last decade' in that these themes are no longer 'controversial' or groundbreaking... but LGBT people are still suffering across the globe, even in western countries... so I'm all for keeping that message on the agenda and very happy for Rina to fly that flag for the community. 

Can't wait to see the video. 

One thing I don't particularly like is the album title 'Hold The Girl'. I'm guessing its in reference to her bisexuality, hence the connection to 'This Hell'? I'd rather 'This Hell' as the album title or even 'Eternal Damnation'. 

subtext / fantasy

Benji

Haven’t stopped listening to it since it’s release.  Absolutely incredible song :firega:

Damon

i'm obsessed with the aesthetic so far, can't wait to listen

... and now i just sit in silence.

VTV

Clarence Clarity and Rina delivered TF out of this banger! 

cant wait for the MV

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

• chemicalx changed the title to RINA SAWAYAMA - THIS HELL (OUT NOW)
sarcamstic

i absolutely LOVE the song. it’s incredible. feels like electric chapel meets rina’s campy, catchy charm. :firega: i’m so excited for the album!

on another note, am i the only one who doesn’t hear the country influence in it at all? :laughga: i heard the nod to shania at the beginning, but the rest is just a pop banger with electric guitars.

flying like 1000 birds

Archived