RINA SAWAYAMA - THIS HELL (OUT NOW)

chemicalx

Featured Posts

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monstertoronto
On 5/18/2022 at 7:36 PM, Suspiria said:

Lyrically I hate it. Like is the whole "gays go to hell" thing even relevant anymore, the last time I saw anything like that was a decade ago. And the whole defangingĀ the devil thing is so tired.

Sonically it's pretty fun though. Still hyped for the album.

Iā€™m really surprised to hear you say that. The US has done a hard turn backwards towards conservative positions. Thereā€™s more religious condemnation against gays now than there has been in a long time. Ā They reversed roeĀ v wade which no one thought could happen. There is a lot of talk about the Christian Right coming after gay marriage and gay rights next. I see posters about this even in Canada and we are currently doing better politically than the US on liberal issues. You make homophobia sound like itā€™s passĆ© like fashion but itā€™s actually a current and terrifying threat.Ā 

Ladle Ghoulash
10 hours ago, sarcamstic said:

i absolutely LOVE the song. itā€™s incredible. feels like electric chapel meets rinaā€™sĀ campy, catchy charm.Ā :firega:Ā iā€™m so excited for the album!

Ā 

on another note, am i the only one who doesnā€™t hearĀ the country influence in it at all?Ā :laughga:Ā i heard the nod to shania at the beginning, but the rest is just a pop banger with electric guitars.

Weirdly, I feel like the melody kind of reminds me of early 2000s pop countryĀ 

Quasi
8 minutes ago, Cyber Babylon said:

Which la gay wrote this song?:ladyhaha:

Rina Sawayama.Ā :patrizia:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

VasilisVas

Listened and didnā€™t like it at all. I see a lot about Rina on here and I was hoping to like this song, but I found it to be very cringey.Ā 

Serial Chiller
On 5/19/2022 at 6:36 AM, Suspiria said:

Lyrically I hate it. Like is the whole "gays go to hell" thing even relevant anymore, the last time I saw anything like that was a decade ago. And the whole defangingĀ the devil thing is so tired.

Sonically it's pretty fun though. Still hyped for the album.

way to tell on your liberal bubble.Ā :billie:

HausOfAntonio

Its good but I do admit a liiiittleĀ cringeyĀ :oops:Ā The single cover is immaculate. Shouldā€™ve been the album cover.Ā 

sarcamstic
18 hours ago, deactivated001 said:

Weirdly, I feel like the melody kind of reminds me of early 2000s pop countryĀ 

i can finally hear it! i watched her tonight show performance & listened to some shania todayā€¦ i could bust out a good olā€™ saloonĀ line dance to THIS HELLĀ :firega:

flying like 1000 birds

BillieGOAT
On 5/18/2022 at 7:36 PM, Suspiria said:

I got itĀ screamed at me outsideĀ a concert 2 months ago

Pennywise

I mean... I don't want to bring this up but some of you have the nerve to like a certain song about plastic dolls and then say that THIS song is cringey or cliche?Ā :ladyhaha:Ā 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

ItWasntLaauv

I wish I liked the song more, but the lyrics are a bitĀ cliche and obvious for me. Like I donā€™t mind cliche at all, but if she foundĀ a way to flip it just a little bit, I think it would be more interesting that way.

Maybe itā€™ll grow on me. Still waiting for her to top ā€œRINAā€ and Alterlife.

Archived