event

Eurovision 2022 winner is...

COOOK

Featured Posts

Teletubby
Just now, PartySick said:

Is that what American Idol is? :samanthac:

I thought Katy Perry hosted that :samanthac:

no, it is not American Idol. Eurovision is an annual international songwriting competition. The most notable winners are ABBA and Céline Dion.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
darkgaga
4 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

I doubt Ukraine/Ukrainians are celebrating their victory right now. Being in a war Im sure they'll care more about being safe than watching a song contest. But yeah, congrats to them.

This. The win does nothing for all the people in Ukraine fighting. That is why I do not understand what all the voters in Europe wanted to achieve by voting for them

PartySick
1 minute ago, darkgaga said:

This. The win does nothing for all the people in Ukraine fighting. That is why I do not understand what all the voters in Europe wanted to achieve by voting for them

It's the European version of "thoughts and prayers"

đŸ–€

Juanlittlem

"We're helping Ukraine's economy" I really dont think they'll be able to host next year so it'll be celebrated in another country so there goes nothing. 

"But we voted to help" Ukraine gets no money from those votes, you can always donate if you want to help.

I'll shut up now, 'cause I dont wanna be rude but Im salty cause my girls Cornelia and Chanel deserved better :messga:

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❀ Teletubby.

Phantomhive
19 minutes ago, Debithius said:

Those are two different genres so you can't say the quality of Italy's entry last year didn't hold up to France's entry, you can't compare them.

My point still stands because Finland, who also had a rock song and peaked lower than France, was better than Italy's entry :teehee:

In I fly on wings of winter.

Teletubby
5 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

"We're helping Ukraine's economy" I really dont think they'll be able to host next year so it'll be celebrated in another country so there goes nothing. 

isn't it that hosting Eurovision is very expensive so some countries don't want to win?:partysick:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

KORG
7 hours ago, AYURO said:

The final difference between UK and Spain was only 7 points and Spain got more popular ones. Do the math :billie:

Do "the math"? Alright. Those votes could've gone all to Germany. What of it?

Ivannn

I do not understand the hype around UK song this year and how it ended up being 2nd!! 
Australia and Azerbaijan were better entries than UK ( same type of song )

Ivannn
8 hours ago, retrosexual123 said:

Both Spain and the UK were robbed by Ukraine’s sympathy votes

UK was not robbed
. How it ended up being second is beyond me

Ivannn
7 hours ago, KORG said:

Um.. what? UK came 2nd. Or are you saying if it wasn't for Ukraine war related votes all those votes would go to Spain? :laughga:

UK got a lot of jury votes but not from public,,, it is 5th or 6th by public vote 

Admin
7 hours ago, DelusionalGaga said:

Who cares if it's only sympathy votes. Ukraine is being destroyed by a war with so many people dying and fleeing. Just let them have this nice moment. 

Thank you. 

I don’t care for Eurovision, but what was Ukraine supposed to do? Withdraw so that people don’t vote for them? Tf?

Admin
7 hours ago, Juanlittlem said:

I doubt Ukraine/Ukrainians are celebrating their victory right now. Being in a war Im sure they'll care more about being safe than watching a song contest. But yeah, congrats to them.

Yes they are. Everyone I know or follow in Ukraine watched it and has posted about the win.

KORG
18 minutes ago, Ivannn said:

UK got a lot of jury votes but not from public,,, it is 5th or 6th by public vote 

Yes but the distribution of the votes if they hadn't gone to Ukraine is unknown. They could've given them to UK, or Azerbaijan or whoever.

Archived