đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Eurovision 2022 winner is...

COOOK

Featured Posts

Debithius
26 minutes ago, NeonSkeleton said:

MADNESS, the people in this thread saying 'sympathy vote'.

Have you... listened to the song? :ladyhaha:

It is a perfect Eurovision song, a great and memorable song with the perfect amount of Eurovision-style nonsense. I don't deny that current events have probably played into the voting a little, but it's such a worthy winner.

Ukraine have qualified EVERY SINGLE TIME they've entered Eurovision, because they just... get it. My favourite song of the night (okay, joint favourite with Spain & Romania), and I'm delighted they won.

Lets not be delusional here, this was CLEARLY sympathy votes, even the majority of their jury points were sympathy votes as well. The entire evening was about Ukraine. 

It doesn't mean it was a bad song but this has sympathy votes written all over it lol. Sweden has qualified 60 times, doesn't mean they will win every single time and it doesn't mean that every single song has been amazing, same goes for Ukraine, this was in no way shape or form better than Spain or the UK.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
COOOK
Just now, PartySick said:

I don't even really know what Eurovision is

I-

rock.thumb.gif.aa52143de2956bdbea74963e9b75fca1.gif

PartySick
1 minute ago, COOOK said:

I-

rock.thumb.gif.aa52143de2956bdbea74963e9b75fca1.gif

Me Murica brian not get what euro'pees do :samanthac:

đź–¤

TheSlash

They definitely deserved it and I'm happy for them, but I would've preferred any other Top 3 placement for them, bc if you only go by music, there were a few songs that just hit harder (I'm obsessed with Serbia and France this year :giveup: ).

Ew, David!

Cruelty
4 minutes ago, Debithius said:

Lets not be delusional here, this was CLEARLY sympathy votes, even the majority of their jury points were sympathy votes as well. The entire evening was about Ukraine. 

It doesn't mean it was a bad song but this has sympathy votes written all over it lol.

Eurovision was created in the wake of the Second World War to promote cooperation and unity between European countries. So... I don't really care if you think Ukraine got 'sympathy votes'? That's kind of... the point of Eurovision?

Fundamentally, Ukraine brought a fantastic song. Like I said up the thread, they have a 100% qualifying record – Ukraine just understands Eurovision like very few other countries do. Their entries for the past few years have been amazing.

We all know that Ukraine's win is partly because of the current situation, but it's a great song, and would have done well in any other year. Eurovision exists to bring Europe together, and it's served its purpose tonight. :heart:

River
4 minutes ago, PartySick said:

It's coming to Murica so get ready with your flags and beers

eagle-usa.gif

Congrats to Ukraine!

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

COOOK
4 minutes ago, PartySick said:

What language is that... :partysick:

Debithius
Just now, NeonSkeleton said:

Eurovision was created in the wake of the Second World War to promote cooperation and unity between European countries. So... I don't really care if you think Ukraine got 'sympathy votes'? That's kind of... the point of Eurovision?

Fundamentally, Ukraine brought a fantastic song. Like I said up the thread, they have a 100% qualifying record – Ukraine just understands Eurovision like very few other countries do. Their entries for the past few years have been amazing.

We all know that Ukraine's win is partly because of the current situation, but it's a great song, and would have done well in any other year. Eurovision exists to bring Europe together, and it's served its purpose tonight. :heart:

You are contradicting yourself right now. If the war wasnt a thing they would have definitely not won.

PartySick
1 minute ago, COOOK said:

What language is that... :partysick:

Floriduh :glamourpuss:

đź–¤

COOOK
Just now, Debithius said:

You are contradicting yourself right now. If the war wasnt a thing they would have definitely not won.

Wars are not "a thing", let's start with that...

PartySick
2 minutes ago, River said:

It's coming to Murica so get ready with your flags and beers

eagle-usa.gif

Congrats to Ukraine!

Yay :poot:

Something else the US can project its toxic nationalism on :poot:

đź–¤

Cello
3 minutes ago, NeonSkeleton said:

Exactly this :applause:

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

River
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

Yay :poot:

Something else the US can project its toxic nationalism on :poot:

It's going to be wild :bradley:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

NewUsername

The song and act were interesting, but not very.... enjoyable imo?
Spain and Sweden were far better, I was rooting for them! At least they did great as well!

Mocchi

Honestly, if it wasn't for the war and the other countries could have shared some of those insane 400 points Ukraine got, Spain could have won, they got more popular vote than the UK

Archived