💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kendrick Lamar faces backlash for featuring Kodak Black on his album

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Kendrick is facing backlash for featuring Kodak Black on his new album.

In November of 2016, Kodak Blackwas accused of allegedly r*ping a teenage girl inside his hotel room in South Carolina.

In April of 2021, Kodak accepted a plea deal and pled guilty to first-degree assault and was sentenced to 18 months of probation. During his hearing, the South Florida rapper addressed the victim, who watched the proceeding on a virtual live feed. “I apologize this happened, and I’m hopeful we can all move forward,” he said, "I wish her the best in her life."

Since the release of Kendrick Lamar's new album, many people have slammed Kendrick for including Kodak on the project and trying to redeem a “problematic/toxic individual" through the topics on his album.

source  source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monstrosity

The first tweet is kinda right tho, considering Diddy and bbma and all that 

CommonWhiteGirl

This is a prime example of why we should stop mindlessly idolizing celebrities. At the end of the day they're just as sh*tty as everyone else and they have their own ideas and opinions that are toxic and problematic. 

HardlyaSaint

I genuinely cringe whenever my friends play him whenever I get in the car. His music isn’t even good (at least with R Kelly you can sort of see why people have a hard time discarding his entire discography, talent-wise, but it’s like people should at least have an easier time with Kodak? But they still listen to him, :triggered:), most of the time I can barely understand what he’s saying. It’s music that only sounds good if you’re rlly messed up on drugs just like the artist who releases it. Kodak Black is genuinely one of the most interesting and disturbing creatures to reach fame. :laughga: I never got the hype. Plus he looks like a voodoo doll. (By choice) 

I mean even these crimes/allegations aside, why would anyone want to idolize or listen to someone who grabs their mom’s butt to be “funny”? :huntyga:

:ladyhaha: I actually kinda see why Trump got him out of prison. 

ItWasntLaauv

Yikes dude. Of all the people to have on an album, you choose someone who was convicted by court of law of r*ping a teenager?

alsemanche

I had no idea about Kodak's mess wtf... yikes Kendrick. Yikes. And i thought he was better than that :awkney:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

COOOK

We won't be streaming then. I was just about to out of curiosity... every album that he puts out breaks records or is instantly praised but oh well I'm always glad I can avoid Kendrick's annoying voice

Teletubby

are we removing Ed from our playlists now?
don't these musicians have teams that would check who they work with?:toofunny: 

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

PartySick
4 hours ago, HardlyaSaint said:

at least with R Kelly you can sort of see why people have a hard time discarding his entire discography

Proud to say after I figured out how to play my own local files on Spotify I promptly pirated about an album's worth of my favorite R. Kelly and [redacted for stupidity] tracks :flower:

My overall streams amounted to a few cents max but now it's nothing :flower:

OT: I take issue with that last tweet saying "rappers are just not good people" 'cause you can't put an entire genre of artists into one box just 'cause Kendrick Lamar, Kodak Black, Diddy, Travis Scott, etc did/do stupid sh*t :huntyga: I feel like it's a short step from there to saying something racist since rap is predominantly run by black artists, but maybe I'm reaching, idk.

It's kinda weird too how I regarded Kendrick as one of the few artists who spoke about real things like the golden age of rap but he's willing to put his own reputation on the line for a rapist MAGAt. Definitely lost my respect :smh:

🖤

PartySick
2 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

removing Ed from our playlists now?

He'd have to be there first :glamourpuss:

🖤

cherrycherrybooboo
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

Proud to say after I figured out how to play my own local files on Spotify I promptly pirated about an album's worth of my favorite R. Kelly and Isley Brothers tracks :flower:

My overall streams amounted to a few cents max but now it's nothing :flower:

OT: I take issue with that last tweet saying "rappers are just not good people" 'cause you can't put an entire genre of artists into one box just 'cause Kendrick Lamar, Kodak Black, Diddy, Travis Scott, etc did/do stupid sh*t :huntyga: I feel like it's a short step from there to saying something racist since rap is predominantly run by black artists, but maybe I'm reaching, idk.

It's kinda weird too how I regarded Kendrick as one of the few artists who spoke about real things like the golden age of rap but he's willing to put his own reputation on the line for a rapist MAGAt. Definitely lost my respect :smh:

what did the isley brothers do

b1433066286031c5d3ae4e67b2a1cddb.jpg

i know that mom and dad think im a mess but its alright because i am rich as piss

PartySick
38 minutes ago, cherrycherrybooboo said:

what did the isley brothers do

b1433066286031c5d3ae4e67b2a1cddb.jpg

Girl ignore me. I'm a super casual fan so I legitimately thought he was a member or something but he's just a frequent collaborator :laughga:

🖤

Archived