economy

Russia To Cut Electricity Exports To Finland

Featured Posts

Debithius

I posted about this on the reddit r/worldnews sub and I had about 3k comments telling me it's only 10% of their power. :bear:

• LMAO 1
Economy
4 minutes ago, Debithius said:

I posted about this on the reddit r/worldnews sub and I had about 3k comments telling me it's only 10% of their power. :bear:

Yeah... It's only 10% I wrote that on my OP as well

But 10% can actually be a lot if you have a tight power grid. Certain inelastic comodities swing in price a lot with even a tiny shortage or oversupply from balance and it is always a problem

But seems like Finland has options to offset this 10% so that's good

• Like 1
Debithius
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Economy said:

Yeah... It's only 10% I wrote that on my OP as well

But 10% can actually be a lot if you have a tight power grid. Certain inelastic comodities swing in price a lot with even a tiny shortage or oversupply from balance and it is always a problem

But seems like Finland has options to offset this 10% so that's good

Oh yes definitely it's still 1/10th of their power supply but it will not be difficult to replace that. Sweden might help them out or import gas from Norway.

Spoiler

At least the thread hit #1 on reddit so I ain't mad for being unintentionally ignorant this time:river:

Edited by Debithius
dopega

Glad my electricity comes from Sweden :vegas:

† 𝘥𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘦𝘯 †
PopEmergency
34 minutes ago, Economy said:

Finland says not to panic because only 10% of power comes from Russia and that they have ways to offset it including importing more from Sweden and boosting domestic production

i love the way they don't give a **** and are unbothered :ladyhaha:

Russia: "we cutting your asses of off our electricity"

Finnland: Ariana Grande And What About It GIF

• Like 5
  • LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 3
Benji
Posted (edited)

Russia is about to become so irrelevant if Europe manages to successfully phase out its reliance on Russian gas and electricity :laughga: The attack on Ukraine has been the ultimate backfire in recent Russian history.

Edited by Benji
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 3
Mindblown

My Finnish friends said they don't care and the media doesn't really talk about this there because they're not worried.

• Love 1
Sir Bride

i really hope im wrong but the whole russia/ukraine thing could transpire into something bigger as putin gets more desperate to win

it kinda reminds me of how ww1 began

AnnaNicoleSmith

NATO defending themselves:

Russia: