Jump to content
society

Macron suggested Ukraine give up some of its sovereignty


Featured Posts

Benji
Just now, Gov Hooka said:

It is incredibly selfish to support your own imperialist countries that protect your own rights domestically at the expense of their exploitation of Global South nations. The West is responsible for colonization, chattel slavery, indigenous genocide, and currently is the driving force behind neocolonial corporate exploitation. Look at what France is *STILL* doing to its former colonies in West Africa. The US has 750+ military bases around the world, neither China nor Russia come close, from which it uses to suppress worker led movements in developing countries. It takes an absolute denial of global history and current affairs to think that these two nations are worse than the West. 

Yes, dreadful history but we are here in this moment now.  If you think the modern day West is as bad as Russia or China, god help you :saladga:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Gov Hooka

    7

  • Benji

    7

  • Guillaume Hamon

    3

  • LoliLux

    2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We discuss general news all the time here??? Not like our discussions on here are gonna impact anything positively or negatively  

Wowie, he is garbage.. this ain’t new. I’m not shocked he would suggest something so stupid.    All he wanted was to be the guy who managed to negotiate the end of the way for his own ego. He d

Sure. Lets bring this discussion to GGD which isn‘t known for being highly messy at all… what should go wrong? 

Benji
1 minute ago, Gov Hooka said:

They said no because it would escalate the war beyond Ukraine into their own borders, risking an all out nuclear war. They are perfectly fine with this war continuing so long as it is contained within Ukraine and is able to line the pockets of the elites in charge of US weapons manufacturing industry and US defense contractors. 

The point is, Ukraine is asking for this support and it is receiving it.  You’re making out that the west wants to go to war with Russia when it has actively been avoiding it :laughga:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gov Hooka
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Benji said:

Yes, dreadful history but we are here in this moment now.  If you think the modern day West is as bad as Russia or China, god help you :saladga:

You cannot simply disregard decades of history which consist of the exact same imperialist nation states you’re trying to defend and isolate this one conflict. They are all connected. The same military industrial complex and politicians that lied to the American public to enter wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and Syria and destroy those nations is the same military industrial complex trying to pump money into the Ukraine War and keep it going on so they can enrich themselves off it. 
 

The modern day West is worse than China or Russia. You need only look at the sheer number of conflicts that have resulted in millions of casualties that the US has engaged in to see that. But you will disregard that and say that the West has a moral obligation to combat Russia on the interest of “democracy” when it is home to corporations and financial institutions that amass their wealth by brutally exploiting poor black and brown people in the global south. Not to mention that the US and West has propped up several brutal dictatorships in Latin America, Africa, and Asia in order to continue their neocolonial exploitation of these countries that enrich their own corporate class. 

Edited by Gov Hooka
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Gov Hooka
9 minutes ago, Benji said:

The point is, Ukraine is asking for this support and it is receiving it.  You’re making out that the west wants to go to war with Russia when it has actively been avoiding it :laughga:

I never said the West wants to go to war with Russia... They want Ukraine to continue being at war with Russia so they don’t have to. And here you finally have a Western leader correctly admitting that there should be an exit ramp for Putin in order to end this war and most of y’all are admonishing him for it...

  • LMAO 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guillaume Hamon
2 hours ago, Benji said:

Her latest manifesto wasn’t that bad.  If I was french and had to pick between someone else using her manifesto or Macron, I’d have probably voted for it.

I just don’t trust her.

Honestly yeah his record than her program lol... Macron is the big evil winning and looking like a saint just cause he's facing her... 😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
elijahfan
Posted (edited)

At this point, there needs to be some sort of solution. I'd be curious to hear some of yours, because honestly I'm at a loss here.

Edited by elijahfan
Link to post
Share on other sites
TEANUS
9 hours ago, voltron92 said:

ARTPOP act 2 petition got thousands of signatures :interestinga:

nicki minaj miley whats good GIF

But on global political matters? :triggered:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
Link to post
Share on other sites
FfFfFfFF
13 hours ago, Gov Hooka said:

I never said the West wants to go to war with Russia... They want Ukraine to continue being at war with Russia so they don’t have to. And here you finally have a Western leader correctly admitting that there should be an exit ramp for Putin in order to end this war and most of y’all are admonishing him for it...

An exit ramp would be to remove the military it send into foreign territory outside of Russia's borders that Russia has no sovereignty over and had no business being in. But no, to you the exit ramp would be to hand over the independent country of Ukraine to Russia with the West's agreement. Something something Western imperalism = bad, something something Russian imperialism = good. :icega: This is nothing but hypocrisy because you are unfamiliar with Russia's historical agression to Eastern Europe and do not care of any threats outside your perceived Latin American bubble.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
FfFfFfFF
14 hours ago, Gov Hooka said:

You cannot simply disregard decades of history which consist of the exact same imperialist nation states you’re trying to defend and isolate this one conflict. They are all connected. The same military industrial complex and politicians that lied to the American public to enter wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and Syria and destroy those nations is the same military industrial complex trying to pump money into the Ukraine War and keep it going on so they can enrich themselves off it. 
 

The modern day West is worse than China or Russia. You need only look at the sheer number of conflicts that have resulted in millions of casualties that the US has engaged in to see that. But you will disregard that and say that the West has a moral obligation to combat Russia on the interest of “democracy” when it is home to corporations and financial institutions that amass their wealth by brutally exploiting poor black and brown people in the global south. Not to mention that the US and West has propped up several brutal dictatorships in Latin America, Africa, and Asia in order to continue their neocolonial exploitation of these countries that enrich their own corporate class. 

Are ou in any way familiar with Syria's situation or you just throw around the country name because it's Middle Eastern and sounds like it may support your point?  :fail: Because it doesn't, Russia is the country that inferred in the civil war to support the Assad regime. You cannot blame the US for going to Iraq if you don't have an issue with Russia's involvement in Syria period. Other countries in which Russia interfers include Central African Republic, where Russia does EXACTLY what you criticise about US at this very moment. https://www.crisisgroup.org/africa/central-africa/central-african-republic/russias-influence-central-african-republic https://www.hrw.org/news/2022/05/03/central-african-republic-abuses-russia-linked-forces

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
HorusRa2

It is a practical solution and is the likely conclusion to be frank. Not to mention, a huge part of Ukraine has familial ties to Russia in the first place. And to be even more frank, if it results in relative peace, it is the best one can hope for without initiating further nuclear proliferation and warfare. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Not Chrissy Teigen

how many parts of ukraine putin should steal for people to understand that he won't stop? 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Runway

He's literally a fascist just like putin. Idk why corporate media wants to sell him as the only one who could save France's democracy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Runway
On 5/14/2022 at 3:30 PM, Gov Hooka said:

You cannot simply disregard decades of history which consist of the exact same imperialist nation states you’re trying to defend and isolate this one conflict. They are all connected. The same military industrial complex and politicians that lied to the American public to enter wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and Syria and destroy those nations is the same military industrial complex trying to pump money into the Ukraine War and keep it going on so they can enrich themselves off it. 
 

The modern day West is worse than China or Russia. You need only look at the sheer number of conflicts that have resulted in millions of casualties that the US has engaged in to see that. But you will disregard that and say that the West has a moral obligation to combat Russia on the interest of “democracy” when it is home to corporations and financial institutions that amass their wealth by brutally exploiting poor black and brown people in the global south. Not to mention that the US and West has propped up several brutal dictatorships in Latin America, Africa, and Asia in order to continue their neocolonial exploitation of these countries that enrich their own corporate class. 

I agree with everything you just said about the west but if the alternative is being controlled by China/Russia and live the way their citizens do, I'd rather have my neocolonized Mexico :bear:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...