Nicola Formichetti ‘the meat dress was my idea’

retrosexual123

Featured Posts

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gaga2645
1 hour ago, NATAH said:

i don't trust Nicola since i found out he's super obsessed with NFTs :triggered:

he's for sure gunna get gaga into it, she's already liking his NFT posts :triggered:

there will be a haus labs NFT scam, bookmark me

Where did she like his nft posts I was looking on his Twitter and didn’t see any likes on them from her? 

but if she or haus labs does do an nft drop it’s gonna look very hypocritical coming from a “clean” brand, no matter how much they claim it’s eco friendly

JgHaus78
2 hours ago, howsAnnie said:

Can anyone involved just admit already that they ripped off Jana Sterbak? She did it way before them. It's not like she's an unknown artist, it's disrespectful and honestly kind of embarrassing. Did a group of professional artists have no idea about the existence of her meat dress, her chair wrapped in meat, all the other amazing artworks she's well known for? He and his team probably had to study her in art school, they should be a little more grateful. They had a choice and went with stealing, but now he also seems to be very proud of coming up with this copy and paste. Gaga obviously looked fabulous in it, but it's sad.

Ugh oh the art police is here y’all 

Stephen

The thing is that Gaga never claimed it was original. Hardly anything is original. The point is how she re-contextualizes things, applies them to different pop cultural moments to make statements and influence culture and society. From the very beginning she's referenced and recycled, that's part of what makes her so interesting. What are her references? Why is she obsessed with glam rock, but also Britney Spears, but also Grace Jones, but also the occult, but also heavy metal, but also Jazz, but also Andy Warhol??? And why does it all somehow make sense? Who is this b.tch?! :fatcat:

quote-the-statement-is-that-i-m-not-one-

jeremiahsaint1000

hmmm who cares she said it was the haus of gagas idea 

but ppl only know gaga when it comes to the meat dress, nobody cares if it was brandon, or val or nicola

howsAnnie
27 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Whats with this unprovoked aggression? Somebody got up and decide to commit anarchy this day? :oprah:

Not aggressive at all. lol But please consider what many people on this site would do if this was the other way around. There will inevitably future artists who copy and paste things Gaga did without giving her any credit for coming up with it first (some might probably argue that's already happening). I appreciate Jana Sterbak's work a lot, among others, and just as many of you would point out when someone steals from Gaga's intellectual property, so did I in this instance. It's not that deep.

6 minutes ago, JgHaus78 said:

Ugh oh the art police is here y’all 

As I said, I was just trying to make a meaningful contribution to this discussion. Still waiting for yours. :kiss:

skaxboy

Gaga:
B_R08ADU8AAzaZI.jpg

Nicola:

dc0571b1-bd46-410e-ad64-4053c962dff6_tex

I mean, all Stefani did was say, “What about curing it and making it prosciutto after?”

Admin
2 hours ago, howsAnnie said:

Can anyone involved just admit already that they ripped off Jana Sterbak? She did it way before them. It's not like she's an unknown artist, it's disrespectful and honestly kind of embarrassing. Did a group of professional artists have no idea about the existence of her meat dress, her chair wrapped in meat, all the other amazing artworks she's well known for? He and his team probably had to study her in art school, they should be a little more grateful. They had a choice and went with stealing, but now he also seems to be very proud of coming up with this copy and paste. Gaga obviously looked fabulous in it, but it's sad.

lol

Do you genuinely believe that they think nobody before 2010 wore meat as clothing? 

It has been done a million times and nobody claims that Gaga came up with it. That’s not why her meat dreas is cool af.

9df68adeee0cf8b0bf260077c28026fd--lens-c

fashion-blogs-slaves-to-fashion-2009-10-

41.jpg

Admin
40 minutes ago, Gaga2645 said:

Where did she like his nft posts I was looking on his Twitter and didn’t see any likes on them from her? 

They’re talking about Instagram, she likes and comments on them.

JgHaus78
17 minutes ago, howsAnnie said:

Not aggressive at all. lol But please consider what many people on this site would do if this was the other way around. There will inevitably future artists who copy and paste things Gaga did without giving her any credit for coming up with it first (some might probably argue that's already happening). I appreciate Jana Sterbak's work a lot, among others, and just as many of you would point out when someone steals from Gaga's intellectual property, so did I in this instance. It's not that deep.

As I said, I was just trying to make a meaningful contribution to this discussion. Still waiting for yours. :kiss:

Lol you really thought you ate with that one 🤣🤣🤣

Tyler1992
35 minutes ago, Stephen said:

The thing is that Gaga never claimed it was original. Hardly anything is original. The point is how she re-contextualizes things, applies them to different pop cultural moments to make statements and influence culture and society. From the very beginning she's referenced and recycled, that's part of what makes her so interesting. What are her references? Why is she obsessed with glam rock, but also Britney Spears, but also Grace Jones, but also the occult, but also heavy metal, but also Jazz, but also Andy Warhol??? And why does it all somehow make sense? Who is this b.tch?! :fatcat:

quote-the-statement-is-that-i-m-not-one-

THIS!! YAAAAS!!! THIISS!!! 

She stands on the backs of giants to push pop culture further, using their influence to push her message of kindness and freedom for all.

She’s been very transparent about that from the very beginning. 

howsAnnie
5 minutes ago, JgHaus78 said:

Lol you really thought you ate with that one 🤣🤣🤣

I'm sorry, what? :selena:

8 minutes ago, Admin said:

lol

Do you genuinely believe that they think nobody before 2010 wore meat as clothing? 

It has been done a million times and nobody claims that Gaga came up with it. That’s not why her meat dreas is cool af.

9df68adeee0cf8b0bf260077c28026fd--lens-c

fashion-blogs-slaves-to-fashion-2009-10-

41.jpg

No, I don't believe that at all. Although Sterbak's dress was first displayed in 1987, I'm sure it has been done countless times before that, in many different ways for many different reasons. I just have the impression that Gaga's dress and the 1987 version are just a bit too similar in terms of design AND the artistic meaning behind it.

But as I said, it was not my intention to come off as aggressive or start a fight at all. I never meant to offend anyone and I love the fact that Gaga was wearing it. I just don't think it's fair when, in this case, an art student would never be able to get away with designing something like this for academic purposes without explicitly referencing Sterbak's dress. It would be dealt with as an attempt to deceive or not doing proper research, for all I know.

13 minutes ago, howsAnnie said:

I'm sorry, what? :selena:

No, I don't believe that at all. Although Sterbak's dress was first displayed in 1987, I'm sure it has been done countless times before that, in many different ways for many different reasons. I just have the impression that Gaga's dress and the 1987 version are just a bit too similar in terms of design AND the artistic meaning behind it.

But as I said, it was not my intention to come off as aggressive or start a fight at all. I never meant to offend anyone and I love the fact that Gaga was wearing it. I just don't think it's fair when, in this case, an art student would never be able to get away with designing something like this for academic purposes without explicitly referencing Sterbak's dress. It would be dealt with as an attempt to deceive or not doing proper research, for all I know.

ok we see you Jana.

InTheCloset
4 hours ago, ProfessionalClown said:

Hes an icon tbh

And very very hot

The abyss stares back

Archived