💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Diddy promotes uncanceling the canceled at the BBMAs

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Love and forgiveness. Those are the two themes that Sean “Diddy” Combs is embracing for his first-time stint as host and executive producer of the 2022 Billboard Music Awards. 

When it was announced earlier this week that Travis Scott would be joining a performer lineup that includes Morgan Wallen, Silk Sonic and Megan Thee Stallion, Combs noted on Instagram, “I made a request; I made a demand. I said my brother Travis Scott has to perform … And NBC said yes.

Sean “Diddy” Combs said:
"The mood of the show is about love and forgiveness. As a musical family, none of us are saints; none of us are without things that happen to them in life. So one of the things I’m doing directly is un-canceling the canceled. That’s breaking news because people haven’t been about uncanceling. But canceling is a trend that needs to stop.

Travis Scott went through a tragedy; Morgan [used the N-word] while talking to his boy. People make mistakes. Now we’re moving on with love and respect for everybody that was hurt or affected. It’s time to forgive. To have Morgan and Travis be able to come back and touch the stage again with the mindset of getting a second chance at life. Everybody in the room is getting a second chance at life, you know, because we’re back inside with no masks on. We need love and I’m excited about celebrating that."

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roughhouse Dandy

Hmm. Yikes. Anyway, moving on.

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

Chic

I mean. Okay, for some people, maybe. Teddy Sinclair/Natalia Kills? 100%, that was a total mess on X Factor’s part and not really her fault. She didn’t deserve to have her career destroyed by that.

But Travis Scott? He’s responsible for injury and death. He shouldn’t have a platform, especially one that will inevitably lead to more suffering.

Like...come on

JanStan

I love this actually. I think it’s important to clarify that it’s not about not holding people accountable, it’s about this insufferable trend of cancelling people and not allowing for people to learn and change. You can’t even apologize in cancel culture. I’m here for this message. 

Future Lovers
15 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Travis Scott went through a tragedy;

Someone needs to tell him the difference between going through a tragedy and causing a tragedy 

Perfume
Just now, JanStan said:

I love this actually. I think it’s important to clarify that it’s not about not holding people accountable, it’s about this insufferable trend of cancelling people and not allowing for people to learn and change. You can’t even apologize in cancel culture. I’m here for this message. 

Travis is NOT a case of "let him learn and change" he has encouraged horrible and harmful behaviour for years at his concerts... he's only apologetic now because social media was very on his case this time...

an angel held me like a child

elijahfan

And what about not getting cancelled in the first place? :huntyga:

Sure we all make mistakes, and cancel culture has gone too far in many situations. But in some cases, it's pretty hard to wipe the slate clean before some time, like... People died at Astroworld. Families have been destroyed, and that could've been prevented. It's pretty hard to come back from something like that.

Fresco

Does Diddy have a plan to undead the dead too?

I would like somebody (Not Lady Gaga) to sing a gospel song while we see the names, ages and pictures of the people that died at the Travis Scott concert. I want the camera to switch to shots of Travis Scott while he watches it and pays respect to the customers that died at his show.  If he gets up and walks out without watching it, I want his name on a card on the empty seat.

I don't intend to make this about race, but we know the races of most of  the people that died and Scott and the performer should be of that race.

elijahfan
2 minutes ago, JanStan said:

The problem with apologies is that many times, people are only sorry that they got caught. Learning and changing takes time, just saying.

JanStan
9 minutes ago, Yes To Heaven said:

Travis is NOT a case of "let him learn and change" he has encouraged horrible and harmful behaviour for years at his concerts... he's only apologetic now because social media was very on his case this time...

So if this horrible and harmful behavior was going on for years why wasn’t he cancelled earlier? And why were all the people at that concert there in the first place if he is so terrible? He needs to be held accountable for his actions and the victims need to be held accountable as well for their part. They are not blameless. 

JanStan
24 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

The problem with apologies is that many times, people are only sorry that they got caught. Learning and changing takes time, just saying.

I agree with what youre saying but things aren’t black and white. So you can’t say that someone isn’t sorry because they didn’t meet a certain time requirement or that they’re only sorry they got caught (even if that’s true). Sometimes that’s EXACTLY what is needed for them to understand what they did wrong.  

ProfessionalClown

Sissy ain’t one to talk when he’s ruined careers and has been shady af behind the scenes. Like bruh you’re horrible too 

PartySick

Can we please stop confusing "the consequences of a person's actions" with being "cancelled"? :saladga:

People died because he was irresponsible. The public is allowed to decide whether or not they want to continue supporting him as an artist after that or not.

🖤

River

I mean, there's no different between Travis and a hit-and-run killer.

Let's not "cancel" both, forgiveness :poot:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived