💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Why Gaga Wasn't In 'Bullet Train'

theahsfan

Featured Posts

theahsfan

Filmmaker David Leitch assembled quite the starry cast for Bullet Train, his summer popcorn movie about several assassins duking it out on a high-speed locomotive in Japan. But the ensemble could've glistened like the moons of Chromatica.

The director, known for action films like Atomic Blonde and Deadpool 2, confirmed what EW had previously reported: Lady Gaga was once in early talks to join Bullet Train. Those talks, however, quickly fell apart, thanks to House of Gucci.

"It really all came down to her schedule with the Ridley [Scott] film," Leitch tells EW in an interview. "There were short discussions and then, this isn't going to work because she was preparing for the Ridley movie [House of] Gucci. They shot right before us and overlapped with us and it really didn't work."

'Bullet Train' director David Leitch confirms Lady Gaga was almost in his movie, about several assassins fighting on a high-speed train.

Bullet Train, now opening in theaters Aug. 5, stars Brad Pitt as an assassin codenamed Ladybug. "This is a guy who's really trying to be a better person," Leitch explains. "This world of all these sadists and assassins, he's trying to maybe get away from that and justify to himself why he still exists in that world."

His handler, played by Sandra Bullock, tasks Ladybug with retrieving a briefcase aboard a high-speed train in Japan, but the seemingly simple assignment puts him in the crosshairs of other trained killers, some of them portrayed by Brian Tyree Henry, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Joey King, and Bad Bunny. Andrew Koji, Hiroyuki Sanada, Michael Shannon, Zazie Beetz, and Karen Fukuhara also make appearances in the film.

So, who was Gaga, the Mother Monster, supposed to play? Reports had stated she was up for the part now occupied by Bullock. Leitch, however, just says, "I'm going to leave that a mystery."

https://ew.com/movies/bullet-train-lady-gaga-role-didnt-work-out/

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stephen

Well it's a good sign she's interested in this kind of movie :party: I really wanna see Gaga as an action hero or something. 

Rj Barker

Should of took the bullet train gig. House of Gucci turned out to be a convoluted mess, she was the only redeeming quality. 

I would like to see her dip her toe into a thriller something along the lines of the call or kidnap, two criminally underrated Halle Berry films.

Wet Fire

The more Gaga the better but I'm grateful we got to see Gaga's performance in HOG. She not only saved the movie but also gave one of the most distinguished performances of the year. Isn't it great that both of her first two feature film lead roles are almost universally acclaimed! :flutter:

LeJudas

I like HoG but kinda would have preferred bullet train maybe idk I'm happy either way with whatever Mommy serves us

LadyEnigma

Bullet Train looks so good, I'm really gonna try not to pin it against HOG which imo was kind of a let down...

EGOT2027
14 minutes ago, LadyEnigma said:

Bullet Train looks so good, I'm really gonna try not to pin it against HOG which imo was kind of a let down...

9 minutes ago, Steven said:

Sad. HOG will not be remembered.

i still think her role in HoG will be remembered. sandra b took her place and isn’t even shown in the trailer (you only hear her voice)

jacs vs looser
1 hour ago, theahsfan said:

this isn't going to work because she was preparing for the Ridley movie [House of] Gucci. 

I always had my suspicions that she passed on this role because of her method acting for the Italian accent (it went on for 9 months) and I high-key suspect it's the same reason why she wasn't in the Metallica cover album and maybe even why there wasn't more Chromatica promo. This sort of confirms the first part, at least. 

RichAssPiss

She was considered for the Bullock role, which allegedly is not a major one. It's an offsite contact. We never even see Bullock's face in the trailer and may not in the movie (not sure). It seems sort of like the Charlie role in Charlie's Angels. Honestly, I think Bullock was a bigger get for them and she had the open schedule. Plus, it lets her payback Pitt for his extended cameo in The Lost City.

PawsUpJago

Low key would have taken her having a bit part in this film over the mess HoG turned out to be. 

**** Ridley tbh 

EGOT2027
14 hours ago, RichAssPiss said:

She was considered for the Bullock role, which allegedly is not a major one. It's an offsite contact. We never even see Bullock's face in the trailer and may not in the movie (not sure). It seems sort of like the Charlie role in Charlie's Angels. Honestly, I think Bullock was a bigger get for them and she had the open schedule. Plus, it lets her payback Pitt for his extended cameo in The Lost City.

this.

14 hours ago, PawsUpJago said:

Low key would have taken her having a bit part in this film over the mess HoG turned out to be. 

**** Ridley tbh 

are people forgetting that she was still nominated for a critics choice, a golden globe, a sag award, a bafta, and more? AND she made it into the prestigious bafta noms while none of the oscar noms (even olivia) did. obviously awards aren't everything, but HoG was still huge for gaga's acting resume. i'm not sure she would have been presenting best picture at the oscar's if she had done this over gucci. that being said, this is the type of movie i hope gaga does next ... just something FUN. 

edit: i forgot about her NYFCC win!! this award may not be a household name, but it’s extremely prestigious (probably the most prestigious of the critics groups), and it clearly meant a ton to gaga. i remember for a few weeks after this some goldderby people were thinking she could even win the oscar. obviously things changed, but she ended up being considered the biggest snub of the year, which in a weird way is an accomplishment in it of itself. gaga has proven she can crush a non-singing big role…now it’s time for the fun stuff hehe 

Lona Delery

i thought this was known for quite a while already?

but tbh lowkey glad she didnt do this whitewashed mess after all. the trailer looks weird anyway and like the vibe is entirely different than the book

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

EGOT2027
1 hour ago, jacs vs looser said:

I always had my suspicions that she passed on this role because of her method acting for the Italian accent (it went on for 9 months) and I high-key suspect it's the same reason why she wasn't in the Metallica cover album and maybe even why there wasn't more Chromatica promo. This sort of confirms the first part, at least. 

lol there is absolutely no way she lived in that accent for 9 months. i'm sure she did a lot of prep work but if everything she said on the press tour was true, then she would have been talking to everyone at biden's inauguration as patrizia 

Archived