Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kanye compared Kim to Marge Simpson and said her career was over

Teletubby

Featured Posts

elijahfan
14 hours ago, AkariGaga said:

May be in the last MET,but the most important pop culture moment belongs to either Rihanna or Gaga.

I guess time will tell.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan
6 hours ago, Meat said:

I honestly hope you’re joking :bear: And it doesn’t matter how important that dress was when she looked tragic in it. She was outshined by someone as basic as Blake Lively and that speaks volumes. 

I’m not, I’m being realistic. Like her or not, Kim obliterated the game. She literally wore one of the most important dresses of American history - how she looked in it is low-key irrelevant and beside the point.

elijahfan
6 hours ago, ryhanna said:

I didn't realise we had such low standards for the MET Gala.

I didn’t realize we were such delusional haters on here :ladyhaha: (actually I did a little)

Fingerella
24 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I’m not, I’m being realistic. Like her or not, Kim obliterated the game. She literally wore one of the most important dresses of American history - how she looked in it is low-key irrelevant and beside the point.

Honestly isn’t the met supposed to celebrate creativity in clothing and not about the price tag held on to it or how relevant it is because a huge celebrity wore it previously?

I dont think she obliterated anything in-fact I think she had the most basic look out from everyone & really didn’t stood out. The only thing that kept her on the news because it was Marilyn’s dress. lol

Meat
4 hours ago, elijahfan said:

Real icons wear clothes and make them iconic. Kim tried to ride on someone else’s icon status and yet she failed miserably. She wasn’t even the most talked about celebrity of the night and you’re arguing about her being the best of all time. I have to laugh.

Meat
4 hours ago, Fingerella said:

Honestly isn’t the met supposed to celebrate creativity in clothing and not about the price tag held on to it or how relevant it is because a huge celebrity wore it previously?

I dont think she obliterated anything in-fact I think she had the most basic look out from everyone & really didn’t stood out. The only thing that kept her on the news because it was Marilyn’s dress. lol

It wasn’t even on theme. The theme was Gilded Glamour and miss thing was wearing a dress from the 1960s. Illiteracy  really is celebrated these days so I don’t blame her.

elijahfan
6 hours ago, Fingerella said:

Sometimes, the intention is more important than the execution. You're on a forum dedicated to someone who infamously wore a meat dress, so you should know.

2 hours ago, Meat said:

Real icons wear clothes and make them iconic. Kim tried to ride on someone else’s icon status and yet she failed miserably. She wasn’t even the most talked about celebrity of the night and you’re arguing about her being the best of all time. I have to laugh.

I'd like to hear your take on Gaga wearing Audrey Hepburn's Tiffany diamond.

elijahfan
3 hours ago, Meat said:

It wasn’t even on theme. The theme was Gilded Glamour and miss thing was wearing a dress from the 1960s. Illiteracy  really is celebrated these days so I don’t blame her.

You could interpret the theme in different ways, that's why the dress code was worded as Gilded Glamour and not Gilded Age. Only mad self-appointed fashion critics on social media are arguing there was only one interpretation, Anna Wintour never did.

The dress was golden and a symbol of American culture - the exhibition celebrates American fashion. To me it respected both the dress code and the theme of the exhibition, and she's one of the few who paid attention to both. I think it was clever and a boss move, and the fact people are spewing literal hate at it just because she's a rich reality TV star is a bit nauseating and low-key misogynist.

Fingerella
42 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Sometimes, the intention is more important than the execution. You're on a forum dedicated to someone who infamously wore a meat dress, so you should know.

Yeah I know and I also know it was original and you shouldn’t compare jewelry over a whole outfit. 

Anyways I still think her outfit wasn’t great and off theme. Maybe the kardashians are losing their relevancy. :fan:

elijahfan
52 minutes ago, Fingerella said:

Yeah I know and I also know it was original and you shouldn’t compare jewelry over a whole outfit. 

Anyways I still think her outfit wasn’t great and off theme. Maybe the kardashians are losing their relevancy. :fan:

I mean sure, it's your opinion. Sounds a little biased, but whatever makes you happy :oops:

Meat
5 hours ago, elijahfan said:

Literally no one on the entire planet said “That was the most important pop culture moment of the Oscars red carpet history” so your comparison sadly doesn’t make any sense :oops:

Meat
5 hours ago, elijahfan said:

Only mad self-appointed fashion critics on social media are arguing there was only one interpretation, Anna Wintour never did.

The International Council of Museums dragged Kim to filth last week and not to mention Sarah Scaturro, who was literally the MET’s head of conservation also criticised Kim’s decision to wear the dress. Would you classify them as mad self-appointed fashion critics on social media? I’d say that label belongs to you more than them :oops:

elijahfan
9 hours ago, Meat said:

The International Council of Museums dragged Kim to filth last week and not to mention Sarah Scaturro, who was literally the MET’s head of conservation also criticised Kim’s decision to wear the dress. Would you classify them as mad self-appointed fashion critics on social media? I’d say that label belongs to you more than them :oops:

You were attacking Kim on a fashion standpoint, these are conservationists criticizing the act of wearing such a dress, not how it ended up looking - and I can understand that it was a questionable decision that raises questions for museums.

Also, where have I sounded mad or agressive anywhere in this thread?

Archived