MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

politics

Philippine Elections 2022

Featured Posts

julz

BBM will have a landslide win, along with his VP Sara Duterte. The surveys before the elections did reflect the outcome. And actually, im impressed with how fast the results are coming in...compared to our previous election that is also automated.

Screenshot-20220510-063558-Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
Fingerella

He cheated y’all I dont trust those numbers and broken counting machines

• Like 5
TheFriend
Posted (edited)

Goodlick to the future of this country.

The Commission on Elections had one job and were given so much time to prepare. The same problem of vote counting machines failing on different places, and slow addressing of the issue. Now they are even claiming that the election was peaceful and there were not so much problems that occurred. There were so many people who were unable to vote because of it. The transmission of the results were also fishy af. The gap between the guy candidate and Leni was too consistent every time they update the results. It does not add up.

Sad, angry, brokenhearted, uninspired, hopeless, terrified, are some of the things we feel right now.

edit: even the winning senators are trashes too.

Edited by TheFriend
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
julz

This is a phase. Let us all hope for the best for our nation. Be kind, heal, love..

I hope that no personal relationships were affected by this elections, for you guys. I know many people started unfollowing, blocking, unfriending, reporting their friends and even relatives in social media because of this elections. 

Thats how crazy it went. :S

BustA911

I’m cutting off some people right now. I’m planning to leave my family and country when I finish college.

• Sad 1
Wolf
Posted (edited)

For international people who are reading this thread but have absolutely no idea what's going on in our country, B/B/M winning is like Trump winning, except 10000000x worse. 

His father, former president and dictator who ruled for 21 f*cking years and stole democracy from us, has stolen billions of dollars from our country, killed thousands who spoke against them, and committed human rights violations in his regime. These billions have never been fully recovered, and our country had sunk into a sh*t ton of debt. 

Besides that, B/B/M has never paid the 203 billion pesos worth of estate tax (equivalent to almost 4 billion dollars) after his father died, which has been long overdue.

Their family's return to power has been fueled by machineries of disinformation on social media platforms, mainly Facebook and Tiktok. Our people favor opinions made through vlogs over f*cking history books. Majority of our people lack voters education and are serious victims of disinformation. Our administration does not admit it, but we are in an deep education crisis.

The whole situation is complex and if B/B/M actually wins, that erases a good chunk of Philippine history. The people who fought for our democracy in the past and died by merely voicing against the dictatorship will be erased. Every good thing they fought for will be gone to waste.

tl;dr The Philippines is in a deep pile of sh*t and our future is looking bleak.

Edited by Wolf
  • Like 4
FormerExtrovert

Genuine question: Given that BBM is in a landslide position now, how will the EDSA (Feb 25) and Ninoy Aquino (Aug 21) holidays be commemorated? It’s kinda awkward tbh haha

julz
30 minutes ago, FormerExtrovert said:

Genuine question: Given that BBM is in a landslide position now, how will the EDSA (Feb 25) and Ninoy Aquino (Aug 21) holidays be commemorated? It’s kinda awkward tbh haha

True, but these holidays are law-driven so it will be commemorated regardless of who sits in the palace. It is part of our history, whatever people think about it. 

julz

I will give Mr. Marcos a chance. The majority has spoken, and the result will be respected despite all the emotions. 

We will Never Forget, but we should move forward..and upward. Our world does not revolve around these politicians (it revolves around Gaga :billie:). As long as we have a functioning executive, legislative and judiciary system...im good.

Now, i'll talk about the Commission on Elections. I hate it when they always use the pandemic to reason out with the inefficiencies. I know we still are in a pandemic but cmon... 

• YAAAS 1
RAMROD
Just now, julz said:

I will give Mr. Marcos a chance. The majority has spoken, and the result will be respected despite all the emotions. 

We will Never Forget, but we should move forward..and upward. Our world does not revolve around these politicians 

Don't, fam. Some people in my place were like you when Drump won and thinking they won't be affected, and see where it takes us in 4 years of his run. 

Resist. Take this more seriously. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ paradise lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1
Ronald Allen

So Dueterte isnt president no more? he seemed like a nightmare:enigma:

spread love ,respect,compassion AMEN!!!!
Wolf
59 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Don't, fam. Some people in my place were like you when Drump won and thinking they won't be affected, and see where it takes us in 4 years of his run. 

Resist. Take this more seriously. 

Thank you. People should never give up in fighting for what's right. That's what Filipinos did when they ousted Marcos Sr. in 1986.

1 hour ago, julz said:

We will Never Forget, but we should move forward..and upward. Our world does not revolve around these politicians (it revolves around Gaga :billie:). As long as we have a functioning executive, legislative and judiciary system...im good.

Now, i'll talk about the Commission on Elections. I hate it when they always use the pandemic to reason out with the inefficiencies. I know we still are in a pandemic but cmon... 

Only the privileged will say that our lives do not revolve around these politicians. The fact is, we are all affected by this.

But more than that, I voted not only for myself, but to help Filipinos who are straddling the poverty line, farmers, fishermen, and ordinary people who have been hard workers all their lives, but are still getting the short end of the stick due to bad governance. Leni and Kiko had good programs lined up for them, but their names were destroyed by mudslinging and dirty politics (why is it always the good ones :cryga:)

I'm also fighting for healthcare workers who are overworked and underpaid especially amid the pandemic, among many other reasons I could list on and on. 

I hope you change your mindset and think that this is not over yet. 

• Like 1
julz

I respect those thoughts :sleep:. Thank you guys for keeping this thread alive :sweat: I am actually surprised such thread didnt exist earlier this year...the election here is really INTENSE. 

At the end of the day, despite all the perspectives, opinions, upbringing, culture, feelings.... we are doing these for the good of the country. 

Yup, it's not over yet @Wolf ..Again the result is unofficial. Comelec will start their process this afternoon, and they are still accepting late ballot transmissions.

• Thanks 1
julz
58 minutes ago, Ronald Allen said:

So Dueterte isnt president no more? he seemed like a nightmare:enigma:

But another Duterte is coming, as VP (for now). Sara Duterte, daughter of Rodrigo Duterte