lgbt

India's 1st openly gay prince to get his revenge

Featured Posts

Werk

In 2006, Prince Manvendra Singh Gohil came out to a local newspaper, becoming India's first openly gay prince. He endured years of conversion therapy — including electroshock treatments — and was publicly disowned by his family. Today, he is fighting to make conversion therapy illegal, and works to advocate for LGBTQ rights in the country.

• Like 9
  • YAAAS 7
  • Love 45
Meta Mart

I'm so sorry Prince Manvendra, it is hard dealing with such inflated prejudice and codes, I can really imagine the struggle. And the treatments, that is some harrowingly despotic stuff.

Know that people of the free world and free India are with you.

I can imagine in a culture with such leanings towards arranged marriage it is suffocating as hell and dangerous. These are problems that run through the world with non-consensual co-ordinations and prejudiced controlling.

I wish you peace and support you to remain vigilante in freeing people from oppression and suppression.

I'd rather not be here, but they've insisted
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
jacs vs looser

The fact that the fight for LGBT rights is *still* an ongoing battle :crossed:

So sad to learn about the hardships he had to endure, but he sure is brave and very admirable to not only have overcome it but to become an open advocate for the community, specially in such a homophobic environment. All the power to you, king. 

• Like 4
AnnaNicoleSmith

What a brave man of character and courage. Wow :golfclap:

• Like 5
Wet Fire

Over the years, India has seen the rise of some indomitable queer icons who have been risking their lives and careers ONLY to fight for the queer community. Really proud of all of them!

• Love 4
Economy

In case anyone is curious he was on the Oprah Winfrey Show I saw his episode

I'm sure it's online somewhere maybe youtube