💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was Kim Right or Wrong for wearing Marilyn's dress?

Dojo

Was Kim right or wrong?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Was Kim right or wrong for wearing Marilyn's dress?

• Right (Her intentions were good)
    • Wrong / In poor taste.

Featured Posts

Teletubby
44 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

And a $30 million Tiffany's diamond necklace only worn by Audrey Hepburn. :flutter:

lady-gaga-audrey-hepburn-necklace-split-

49992659-0-image-a-12_1635920056475.jpg

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joaco95
Just now, NicoB said:

historical items dont have only the value and purpose they had when they were created. they're part of human history and should be kept protected with the finality of preserving culture, preserving the time context, preserving the history itself, and not to satisfy the ego of a fame hungry billionaire

a celebrity singing happy birthday to the president is not a major historical event. an iconic moment for the pop culture? yeah but I think people are overreacting about it just because is kim kardashian 

BornAsUnic0rn

It’s insane how many people chose to forget how Monroe was portrayed and views as back in the day. Marilyn is a legend, yes. But Monroe also was extremely slut shamed back in the day and while people loved her, they also loved to hate her, to the pits. Especially at the time when she wore that dress. Yes, Marilyn Monroe came from poverty, and had an incredibly traumatizing life. But at the time she was viewed as a sex object, well, as THE sex object. Quite bluntly people thought she got there by sex, stayed there by sex, the reason she deserved the fame and success she had was her sex, and what the industry and society tried to replicate was the sex, not the mind. 

The reaction Kim K is getting for wearing the dress shows exactly why she is THE person to wear that piece, if anyone.

HIM820

This is exactly why we can’t progress as a collective society. American rights are being chopped and nobody can shut up about a dress. I love the arts and fashion more than anyone I know but I also know when to check my hysteria. I get it, you can hate her and hate her decision all you want, but get off the hamster wheel. Stop the think pieces. They do nothing. Yes, of course I want the dress preserved and not destroyed. But do I really care where a dress will be in 50 years if the world keeps getting worse to live on? No. It’s such an “iconic” dress yet no museum would fork over a bill to purchase it. I understand it’s usually by donation, but then they can’t be sure this wouldn’t happen. 

Also some of you love to project love and kindness, yet your go to language to critique Kim is steeped in misogyny. 

gypsy101
1 hour ago, Teletubby said:

wrong. she could create her own iconic look for Met Gala. this always will be Marilyn's dress and this Kim look will be forgotten

she already did that last year when she did the all black including covering her face

Dojo
Just now, NicoB said:

historical items dont have only the value and purpose they had when they were created. they're part of human history and should be kept protected with the finality of preserving culture, preserving the time context, preserving the history itself, and not to satisfy the ego of a fame hungry billionaire

S P I L L 

Ovation GIF

some members thinking they are edgy for coming to comment "iTz LiTeRaLlY jUsT a DrESS" cringe.

IWantYourLove

People coming in here talking about big issues as if we’re not allowed to react to ones that are tiny in comparison :wtfga:

it’s a discussion 

chill out 

Dojo
3 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

49992659-0-image-a-12_1635920056475.jpg

only AFTER was worn by Gaga. 

Expect that Ripley's museum to start renting that Marilyn's dress from now on as well

gypsy101
1 hour ago, Anderson123 said:

Like I said in the other thread, she made the dress look from classy, iconic and legendary to tacky just by having her be the one to wear it. It'd have looked way better on someone like Charlize Theron, Cate Blanchett or Nicole Kidman but they obviously went for a Kardashian for the headlines and drama.

oh so you hate brunettes

RudraCNG

In poor taste, like everything she does. She has no class and all the wealth she can hoard won't buy it for her.

Benji

As with any item; clothing, jewellery or artefacts, if it’s looked after and not damaged then I have no issue with collectors lending out their pieces.

It sounds like great care was given to the dress so it’s fine.

PartySick

Wrong.

She and Kanye also bought an MJ jacket for North, apparently, and they're having it fitted for her to wear :fail:

No respect for the belongings of legends it seems.

🖤

Dojo
Just now, PartySick said:

Wrong.

She and Kanye also bought an MJ jacket for North, apparently, and they're having it fitted for her to wear :fail:

No respect for the belongings of legends it seems.

Legend, can you confirm if Gaga wore or not some Michael Jacksons clothes? 

Rahrahbitchson
Just now, dojo said:

Legend, can you confirm if Gaga wore or not some Michael Jacksons clothes? 

Reported for making to many questions sis :huntyga:

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

Archived