1f1e7-1f1f7.svg Brazil #98 - 135,337 streams
sw-re.jpg

1f1e8-1f1ed.svgSwitzerland #189 - 5,873 streamshmh.jpg

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dr Fudge

Still haven’t quite figured out Spotify numbers yet. Is that good? Bad? The ugly?

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

ConnorFilm
Just now, Dr Fudge said:

Still haven’t quite figured out Spotify numbers yet. Is that good? Bad? The ugly?

Ugly

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

lilmonster2424
Just now, Dr Fudge said:

Not the best... people in the charts thread were predicting anywhere from 2 million-5 million. I believe Stupid Love did around 4-5 million first day. So this isn't that good, but also it was released on a Tuesday night without any playlist pushing... they clearly didn't care about the debut and they care about the longevity. Once the movie is out, the song gets more radio plays, and Gaga does it live, it will rise. 

mamo

Y’all need to chill…this ISN’T a lead single from her album. It’s a song from a soundtrack which hasn’t been added to any playlists yet or been promoted as such. The music video hasn’t even been released?! Hell…the damn film itself hasn’t even been released yet either!! Be patient. 

HMH has already done well already compared to Shallow on first day streams. Stay positive! 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

sara57

I read on Twitter that this is a 19 hour update, not a full day, so these numbers are going to be (at least) a bit higher when a 24 hours update comes.

lilmonster2424

Apparently the 905K number is only with a 19 hours update, and the first full day 24-hour update is today. Also, here are the Spotify debut numbers for recent pop girls soundtrack songs:

Lady Gaga: Hold My Hand - 905,083

Taylor Swift: Beautiful Ghosts - 594,487

Beyonce: Be Alive - 638,576

Beyonce: Spirit - 680,000

Also, Shallow did around 500K first day. (Not sure if that's a full 24-hour day or not, but still). Taking all of these things into consideration, it didn't do terrible. I think we just got too optimistic about a soundtrack song, especially with the success of Shallow. But Shallow took a long time to take off, this will be a grower and be huge once the movie is out!

tylerjs

I really hope it eclipses Shallow…it’s a million times better of a song and I wish it would be one Gaga is globally known for. The fact that Shallow is her best-performing song and simultaneously one of her weakest works is…so sad :messga:

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

DoremonLove
21 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

Ugly

You have got to be kidding me. It debuted better thn shallow if yall can understand tht.

How can anoyone not love gaga

SevenWonder
17 minutes ago, lilmonster2424 said:

Apparently the 905K number is only with a 19 hours update, and the first full day 24-hour update is today. Also, here are the Spotify debut numbers for recent pop girls soundtrack songs:

Lady Gaga: Hold My Hand - 905,083

Taylor Swift: Beautiful Ghosts - 594,487

Beyonce: Be Alive - 638,576

Beyonce: Spirit - 680,000

Also, Shallow did around 500K first day. (Not sure if that's a full 24-hour day or not, but still). Taking all of these things into consideration, it didn't do terrible. I think we just got too optimistic about a soundtrack song, especially with the success of Shallow. But Shallow took a long time to take off, this will be a grower and be huge once the movie is out!

This really puts it in perspective. Thanks for posting.

tyler k

yall need to chill

there is no playlisting push and promo yet, i'm sure they're hoping this will be a sleeper hit like Shallow was, it wasn't an initial hit. 

it's already getting great critical reception and locals are loving it so far

just keep streaming and supporting our girl 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

Aga Gydal

This isn’t a front loaded Gaga single ya’ll, it’s gonna take time to impact 

Archived