• Yes, enough is enough
    • Who cares …
    • I care…
    • Ghey problems
    • I Love you Harry

Featured Posts

The Z
4 hours ago, Borisapillar said:

Of course we can. Just say you're an ally and move on. Don't keep teasing your fans and the public by suggesting you "might" be queer but it "doesn't matter."

Sorry but it's completely stupid to follow someone for their sexual identity, you won't f*** them anyway, so why does it matter?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Borisapillar
8 minutes ago, Dead body said:

Sorry but it's completely stupid to follow someone for their sexual identity, you won't f*** them anyway, so why does it matter?

Mama he’s the one constantly talking about it also I’m gorgeous so there’s always a possibility for action :partysick: you don’t even know me like that

Oriane

I'd find it great if it turned out he was straight. You don't have to be gay to be in touch with your "feminine" side and play around with the conceptions of gender that society has given us, and people need to understand that.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

phantasmas
4 hours ago, Pablo said:

I guess we can't have any allies?

idgaf about anyone’s sexuality but we don’t need allies we need ACCOMPLICES! :grr:that will dismantle the structures that oppress us, not just stand next to us at demonstrations  :grr:

RichAssPiss

I agree completely. He can say "That's none of your business," but saying concern over sexuality is "outdated" is incredibly annoying when out queer people are facing discrimination. No one owes anyone a disclosure of their private sexuality, but at the very least you need to acknowledge and respect that for those who do speak to this publicly, there are still consequences and more fighting needs to be done. My problem isn't that he didn't "come out." My problem is that either way he was a bad ally in that moment.

The Z
16 minutes ago, Borisapillar said:

Mama he’s the one constantly talking about it also I’m gorgeous so there’s always a possibility for action :partysick: you don’t even know me like that

I wasn't talking about YOU, just anyone:deadbanana::ladyhaha:

DoremonLove

I agree with leo the main tweet here. Its not just abt being an ally. He literally has this mystery around him tht he migh or migjt not be part of lgbt and is using it to market himself. Really hate how some like him use lgbt as a IT THING to market themselves when real queer ppl keep struggling

How can anoyone not love gaga

PartySick
4 hours ago, Pablo said:

I guess we can't have any allies?

This :ladyhaha:

Just 'cause he doesn't think it's anyone else's business who he sleeps with (and it isn't :huntyga:) doesn't mean he can't support the LGBT community.

Be an ally, you're queerbaiting. Don't be an ally, you're a bigot. I wonder why some celebrities don't feel more comfortable disclosing the most intimate parts of their lives to the public :huntyga:

🖤

Future Lovers

This whole idea that something cannot be support, allyship, and/or representation and also be entertainment and a product is what’s more hypocritical about this discourse than anything Harry’s doing. 

There is a wave of support for other artists and media when they use sexuality or sexual ambiguity in their brand or or product. David Bowie built an entire career on it, even going so far as to give several different answers as to what his sexuality was (which, just as it is with Harry, is entirely his prerogative and he had every right to do so). Mick Jagger built a career around sexual ambiguity and gender bending and it turned him into one of the biggest stars ever. They both used queerness as a part of their product, and neither of them were even particularly vocal about support for the community. 

Even when a source IS vocally supportive and aiming to show representation and promote freedom and equality, at the end of the day it’s still a product. TV shows like Heartstoppers, Love Victor, Sex Education, Andi Mack, all used queer identity as a part of a product and entertainment. Does that make them any less a piece of representation or make their vocal support for the community and normalizing queerness any less valid? 

In music we see it too. Madonna exploring sexuality with women in Justify My Love and Erotica and highlighting gay culture and issues in Truth or Dare. Gaga releasing a song designed to be a queer anthem. Lil Nas X being unapologetically open about his sexuality in all he does. Adam Lambert almost ending his career to be openly and unapologetically gay in his art. 

All of those artists created powerful, resonate statements of support and advocacy for the queer community. They’re queer icons and those works are milestones for a reason. But does that make them any less a product? Does that make them any less entertainment? Does that mean it is not somehow still part of their brand? They sure as hell made money and a name off of it, and still do. 

Point being, something can still be a show of support, can still be allyship, can still be all well meaning and coming from a place of love while also being entertainment and a part of a product. 

Ororo Munroe
7 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Be an ally, you're queerbaiting. Don't be an ally, you're a bigot.

this is simply not true, c’mon… 

Mistress of the Elements ⚡️

Mocchi

Do you really care if he is gay, bi or whatever? She is an ally, a man breaking stereotypes, that's the only think that matters. Those of you complaining about this being queerbait, are you sure he is not queer? I am sure most of you enjoy taking out people out of the closet just for fun. That's way more annoying than his supposed queerbait :enigma:

BlingNotTheMusic

Y'all so dramatic, not everyone has to fit into a box for you to label and announce it. Let people live Jesus :samanthac:

Lucas

If he's a real ally then I don't see the issue. However I personally think sometimes he's doing so much that it doesn't seem genuine.

Nathan
3 hours ago, elijahfan said:

A lot of straight artists do perfectly fine without trying hard with the LGBT community - look at Justin Bieber. Unless what y’all seem to think, queerness isn’t particularly helpful with charts. The guy could’ve hurt his career really bad by showing up in dresses and waving pride flags, and yet he did.

He’s already doing a lot for the community and non gender-confirming people, so asserting loudly that he likes sucking **** from time to time literally wouldn’t make any difference.

Not what I’m saying, but pop off I guess 

elijahfan
20 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Not what I’m saying, but pop off I guess 

It is what you are saying. You're implying he's playing queer for clout, and I'm telling you this is not a strategy that would make sense when you're a straight artist with millions of girls thirsting over you. He had nothing to gain by playing queer, quite the opposite.

Archived