💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

July 29 & 30 (2022) London, UK

BoomKack

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, Benji said:

I’m not sure about that really, I’ve been to a few different concerts and festivals in London and it has always been the same with leaving the event and then it’s just carnage with little organisation.  Before this my last big event in London was Mighty Hoopla and it was the same, walked out and it was hell with people everywhere, roads that should’ve been closed not closed, no extra transport etc.  We ended up walking to the nearest gay clubs and they were also all vastly unprepared for the number of people coming… it’s always the same with London, I don’t know why it’s so bad.

In my experience, other cities handle big events far better.  A good example is my home city (Bristol), they’ll close down roads, have extra busses put on or shuttles that only operate for the event, put pop-up bars in the streets so people can stand around drinking outside the clubs rather than everyone trying to cram in etc… I’ve also noticed Manchester does this too.  They just get what people need/want after these events.

Have to disagree. I’ve attended so many gigs across London and never had an issue like we did last night in Tottenham. It doesn’t help being on a typical British high street. Wembley is so easy to leave from and well organised. The same goes for when Earls Court used to host concerts - plenty of organisation for getting to the tube although we always drove and parked up nearby. The O2 is probably the best organisation. 

Donatello

People thieving Uber rides is REAL. I had to run down the street to catch my Uber which was being mobbed. Luckily nobody guessed my name correctly.

• Shook 1

djparky

Two excellent shows, utterly wiped today- too much jumping about and throwing shapes. Would never have guessed that would be the opener in a million years.  Liked the added " strike a pose" to Babylon last night

I agree about the general location ( think I said as much on the walk to the stadium), issues were made worse by the train strike yesterday and it only having one tube line going near it. In general it's ok in London, but as with any big events local knowledge helps

Anyway hope this show encourages Gaga to come back again

• Love 2

shawcrxss

I went to last nights show. Absolutely incredible, truly a once in a generation performer that is worth every penny and more. We’d have paid double if we knew that was the show we’d get. I think the show was being filmed, so she pulled out all the stops, but I guess that worked to our advantage.

Tottenham was an absolute nightmare though, I can only imagine they’re new to hosting concerts and sold the place cheap - because I can’t imagine any other reason why you’d go there. We queued from 1pm, they started scanning us through at 4pm. A whole 4.5 hours before the show starts. 

We had completely valid standing tickets, printed out with the QR code and everything as instructed. Our tickets were scanned, my BF’s said valid and mine said already used. What the actual f*ck? Why would one ticket be valid but the other already used, both with the same date and name on them? We got asked to step aside for a supervisor, who was dealing with another group with the same issue. Everyone was getting very nervous, upset and angry - understandably. Their stupid systems were saying valid tickets had already been used. Another couple immediately after us also had the same issue. 

The supervisor demanded to see my order confirmation, with ID. She said she’d let us all through, but they’ll get re-scanned at another checkpoint and if they said rejected we must lose our place and go to the ticket office. They got scanned again after we went through, both said valid tickets. F*cking disgraceful but at least we got through. The security was also a nightmare, our bags hardly got checked and people snuck alcohol in. I could have easily got a weapon in. Did we learn nothing from Ariana?

The area was absolutely awful. Literally dog rough and I’ve never felt so unsafe in my life after the show. It took a full hour on a dangerous dark backstreet to get an uber. It’s frankly a blessing we didn’t get robbed or stabbed, or worse. It’s a shame such an amazing concert was let down by chaotic mismanagement and a god-awful location I’ll never return to. Gaga’s penny-pinching put her fans in real danger, as this thread and Twitter shows.

i don’t speak german but i wish i could.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Catnikko
2 minutes ago, shawcrxss said:

I went to last nights show. Absolutely incredible, truly a once in a generation performer that is worth every penny and more. We’d have paid double if we knew that was the show we’d get. I think the show was being filmed, so she pulled out all the stops, but I guess that worked to our advantage.

Tottenham was an absolute nightmare though, I can only imagine they’re new to hosting concerts and sold the place cheap - because I can’t imagine any other reason why you’d go there. We queued from 1pm, they started scanning us through at 4pm. A whole 4.5 hours before the show starts. 

We had completely valid standing tickets, printed out with the QR code and everything as instructed. Our tickets were scanned, my BF’s said valid and mine said already used. What the actual f*ck? Why would one ticket be valid but the other already used, both with the same date and name on them? We got asked to step aside for a supervisor, who was dealing with another group with the same issue. Everyone was getting very nervous, upset and angry - understandably. Their stupid systems were saying valid tickets had already been used. Another couple immediately after us also had the same issue. 

The supervisor demanded to see my order confirmation, with ID. She said she’d let us all through, but they’ll get re-scanned at another checkpoint and if they said rejected we must lose our place and go to the ticket office. They got scanned again after we went through, both said valid tickets. F*cking disgraceful but at least we got through. The security was also a nightmare, our bags hardly got checked and people snuck alcohol in. I could have easily got a weapon in. Did we learn nothing from Ariana?

The area was absolutely awful. Literally dog rough and I’ve never felt so unsafe in my life after the show. It took a full hour on a dangerous dark backstreet to get an uber. It’s frankly a blessing we didn’t get robbed or stabbed, or worse. It’s a shame such an amazing concert was let down by chaotic mismanagement and a god-awful location I’ll never return to. Gaga’s penny-pinching put her fans in real danger, as this thread and Twitter shows.

my biggest fear was that happening with my ticket! Must've been stressful as ****.. The whole organisation of the stadium was an act of comedy imo it was ridiculous

So happy you had a good time apart from the drama though, they definitely need to make a better choice of stadium and area next time, it all seems like a huge oversight.

I honestly wish I didn't throw my alcohol away before I went in because the security literally let me open one pocket of my bag and just peered in and didn't even search it :poot:

also though it isn't Gaga's 'penny pinching' she would have nothing to do with the selection of venues and event organisation. That's just a mistake on her tour company's part and they did her dirty with the london dates :selena:

Actual patient
  • Thanks 1

bambi96
12 minutes ago, shawcrxss said:

Everything you're saying is so valid. I wouldn't put it directly on Gaga though, I doubt she personally selects which stadiums she visits, rather her management does.

• Like 2

bambi96
12 minutes ago, shawcrxss said:

I also felt very unsafe leaving the stadium, there were locals arguing, people clearly on something. This was my first and last time visiting Tottenham!

I think it was really sweet how she dedicated both London shows to Lee Alexander McQueen, he would've been looking down on her so proudly :heart:

Nick Knight + his family were also in the building last night, king!

BoomKack

I echo all the comments about the poor security and lack of safety in general.

In GC EE after getting our bags searched, going through the metal detectors and the whole "throw away your bottle lids" thing, we were told the only option to use the toilet was to go to Sainsbury's. So we were literally allowed to leave the area and come back with more snacks & drinks without even a glance from security. Perfect opportunity for someone to sneak something prohibited in.

• Like 2

BoomKack

The show in general was so incredible though, I felt I was reliving my BTWB and artRAVE days :enigma:

• YAAAS 1

PlanetChromatica

Both nights were incredible, my body hurts all over haha. But definitely agree that the area felt very unsafe. The walk to the nearest underground due to the strikes took us down a road where some locals almost started on us, we had to quickly find the crowd again and ignore their calls, so scary, really hope Gaga never plays this venue again, Wembley Stadium or the Olympic Stadium would have been much better choices.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

shawcrxss
3 minutes ago, bambi96 said:

Everything you're saying is so valid. I wouldn't put it directly on Gaga though, I doubt she personally selects which stadiums she visits, rather her management does.

Oh no, I understand her management deals with the vast majority of things and they take nearly all the blame. I just feel she has a little responsibility to ensure her fans are safe and to oversee the whole thing since it’s her concert and her fans at the end of the day.

The venue was obviously picked because it was going cheap and it has the highest capacity of any stadium in London. It was purely a financial decision without any consideration of safety, transport links or security.  Surely she’d question why Wembley or the O2 wasn’t chosen, since she’s been performing there for the last 14 years. 

i don’t speak german but i wish i could.

Gimme More
11 minutes ago, BoomKack said:

I echo all the comments about the poor security and lack of safety in general.

In GC EE after getting our bags searched, going through the metal detectors and the whole "throw away your bottle lids" thing, we were told the only option to use the toilet was to go to Sainsbury's. So we were literally allowed to leave the area and come back with more snacks & drinks without even a glance from security. Perfect opportunity for someone to sneak something prohibited in.

One of the security/bag searchers made a bomb 'joke' and I just looked at her like 'wtf' :saladga: how can you joke about bombs?!

#JusticeForBritney ♡
  • Shook 5

Gimme More
9 hours ago, Sine From Above said:

I’m glad you got home ok! It was quite scary leaving the stadium plus the journey home, someone came towards us and bullied my sister in the car to move to the side. London traffic is just horrific. 

I will say without going away from the topic, I was nervous being around over gays last night as I was worried they’d be shady but everyone seemed so friendly and gave kind looks and it was nice to see/hear other people like yourself helping others.

That's awful, I hope your sister is okay today. I'm glad you guys got back safe though. The people in that area were SO weird and dodgy. I literally had someone come up to me asking me if I wanted to buy weed and then I saw that same guy walk into a restaurant take a drink and walk out..

There was SO much traffic on my way back home too, it took an extra 1hr & half than it usually would! Didn't get home until past 3am.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

1 minute ago, Gimme More said:

That's awful, I hope your sister is okay today. I'm glad you guys got back safe though. The people in that area were SO weird and dodgy. I literally had someone come up to me asking me if I wanted to buy weed and then I saw that same guy walk into a restaurant take a drink and walk out..

There was SO much traffic on my way back home too, it took an extra 1hr & half than it usually would! Didn't get home until past 3am.

Yeah we were in the car with my sister, her partner and my mum! It was just so scary when they were coming right towards us until she reversed to let them through. Luckily they drove us down and we went to the concert while they went out.

I know London at night can be super scary, glad I didn't stay over night now.