Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The tour is too anglo-centric and has only classic alpha major cities

Okinawa

Featured Posts

StarstruckIllusion
3 minutes ago, Charmz said:

Can an admin delete this thread? 

I’m sure HER TEAM/the record label chose places that not only logistically work from a venue and legal perspective, but would also work from a revenue perspective. To imply she’s doing targeting because of race is actually really reaching and delusional.

Anglo is not a race. Also, they didnt even lie so ???

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarstruckIllusion
14 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

I believe the problem with Latin America is the insurance, COVID restrictions and the long travel for her. She can’t go all the way to South America for 1 concert. She would have to do several countries and several dates, hence she can’t tour like before.

Sigh... its so sad seeing her LatAm fans take L after L. The least she could do is another #artRaveParis like stream. The bare minimum is a statement explaining why. Her silence on this is just so cringe.

Okinawa
15 minutes ago, Charmz said:

Can an admin delete this thread? 

I’m sure HER TEAM/the record label chose places that not only logistically work from a venue and legal perspective, but would also work from a revenue perspective. To imply she’s doing targeting because of race is actually really reaching and delusional.

No one in this thread is implying that this is race-related and most users here see that. (One user also has shown that some of the cities are very ethnically diverse, so the race argument has been rebutted.) Please stop abusing race as a pretext argument to close this thread. Please also stop of accusing other users to be delusional if they have never referred to race. And stop derailing this topic into a race discussion. This is a language and geographic discussion. :)

Also again, I don't expect Gaga to perform like an Olympics sports star, I would be already happy just to see her live, it is okay for me if the show part is given mainly to to the background dancers,.. just after two years of not having had any concerts, I feel that the concerts offered are too sparse and their distribution could be better.

~We are Reel Cool~

I think it must be because of her disease she might not be able to travel as much as she could in the past. She should maybe focus on one continent at a time, or idk, seems difficult

Night Vision

I think it's just a case of Gaga's days of heavy touring are behind her, at least for now, due to health reasons and the fact that she got really burned out from all the touring in the first 6/7 years of her career. It is a shame for fans that live in places she hasn't visited in a long time, but I'm sure she will again some day. She will just tour the world in a slower way and perform less shows. Maybe with the next album she will include a couple of dates in Asia, Oceania, LATAM

Being brazilian i learned not to expect much from her when it comes to tours. I was in Rio when she cancelled RIR, she was not well its ok that she had to cancel, but she owes us for 5 years already, its been 2 tours and the residency since.

200.gif

Night Vision
8 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Sigh... its so sad seeing her LatAm fans take L after L. The least she could do is another #artRaveParis like stream. The bare minimum is a statement explaining why. Her silence on this is just so cringe.

To be honest, I feel for the fans, but I don't think she really owes an explanation. Some tours visit some parts of the world, some don't. That's just the way it is. There are lots of different fanbases with the same situation. For example, Beyoncé hasn't toured outside of North America and Europe in almost ten years. Britney has only toured Australia once in 2009, and only done one proper tour of Latin America in 2011. Taylor Swift has never toured Latin America. Rihanna has never toured most of Latin America, most of Asia, and hasn't performed in Japan since 2008.

Chic

I think the original 2020 Chromatica Ball tour was going to have more dates/legs added later, but because of the hassles of rescheduling so many times, they just wanted to finish out what they already had planned.

1 hour ago, LadyxGaGa said:

ngl as an american i don’t get the hate i have so many cities to choose from. going to chicago of course but like gaga is traveling around. if u wanna see her u can travel too. it ain’t that deep, she is a working artist scrapping by to see the world

As expected, the american comparing traveling between cities with traveling between countries, the same discourse of las vegas residency. As if is so easy to travel from latin america to the US or Europe.

Okinawa
7 minutes ago, Chic said:

I think the original 2020 Chromatica Ball tour was going to have more dates/legs added later, but because of the hassles of rescheduling so many times, they just wanted to finish out what they already had planned.

I have the same impression, I also think that the original tour was meant to be lengthier / more lengthy and that after 2 years the spirit of Chromatica has somehow become less intense because time has passed by and Chromatica is nomore so new and that the focus is now just on typical major cities. Maybe Gaga could add more songs of her older hit songs to attract more people, or maybe she could even released one brandnew single to draw more attention on Chromatica? I know that Gaga dislikes the idea of re-releasing albums, but considering the circumstances she could maybe re-release Chromatica with 2-4 new songs, which would give more power to her concert.

~We are Reel Cool~

holy scheisse
46 minutes ago, Night Vision said:

I think it's just a case of Gaga's days of heavy touring are behind her, at least for now, due to health reasons and the fact that she got really burned out from all the touring in the first 6/7 years of her career. It is a shame for fans that live in places she hasn't visited in a long time, but I'm sure she will again some day. She will just tour the world in a slower way and perform less shows. Maybe with the next album she will include a couple of dates in Asia, Oceania, LATAM

This tbh I don’t think her tours are ever going to be as long in duration as they were in the day. 
how will she work on acting if she’s touring for a full year+:ally:

streamstarcrossed
1 hour ago, NeonSkeleton said:

SHE :patrizia: HAS :patrizia: FIBROMYALGIA :patrizia:

Yes, but how is that relevant? The tour was probably planned with her health in mind. She’s going to 15 cities with 8 of them being in the same country. People are frustrated bc she could’ve at least swapped 3-4 of those dates for areas she completely ignored.

high culture

I know it's disappointing when she doesn't come to your city, but this IS 9 dates more than was originally planned in 2020

Reject False Icons

Well everyone already gave their reasons but now I see Gaga as how a few legends only do their tours they could book dates for the hundreds of locations they performed on their prime and they EASILY could sold out but now they will only priorice themselves 

DontCallMeAlice

I’m going to the Toronto & NY shows and I have to travel 6-8 hours to get there. I consider myself lucky because some of y’all have to book flights to another country just to see this tour. 

Padam.

• River locked this topic

Archived