The tour is too anglo-centric and has only classic alpha major cities

Okinawa

Featured Posts

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick
1 minute ago, ChicaSkas said:

I do feel sorry for them. As toxic as that fan base can be, there are good fans too, and they deserve it. 

I wonder if there's some kind of algorithm they use to compare where her biggest markets are at and where the most profit would be made.

I'm sure she could sell out a stadium on any continent though :huh:

Idk, it'd be interesting to hear why these decisions are made from a business perspective.

🖤

Crescent Bloom

As an American, I feel very lucky right now. Gaga's closest show to me is about an 9 hour drive away, but I expected that tbh.

I really feel for the fans in South America and Asia. I know she suffers from chronic pain, but I think maybe her team could've swapped one of the Europe shows and one of the America shows for something in those places.

Spoiler

hopefully she films this tour for those fans ... but also because I'll be perched in the back of the stadium :huntyga:

I'm sure it's because she's a racist :shrug:

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

Cruelty

I'm also slightly bemused by the argument 'why is Lady Gaga only going to cities where there are fans who will come and see her show?' :laughga:

Next time she can do a tour of the small towns, starting with

hell-michigan.jpg?1591222622

Benji

I completely understand being disappointed if you’re unable to attend one of the shows.

As well as her fibromyalgia playing a part in the scheduling, it’s worth remembering that we’re still in a pandemic and insurances/laws of all of these countries varies differently.  The countries that have been chosen offer great insurance for if the show has to be cancelled due to new restrictions that would prohibit the tour from continuing.

Okinawa
5 minutes ago, Bat said:

she's not going anywhere near Eastern Europe

There are still Warsaw (1,7 million inhabitants), Budapest (also 1,7 million inhabitants), Katowice metro area (1,5-2 milliion inhabitants), Prag (one million), Bukarest (1,8 million people). One might consider them also Eastern-Central Europe (except for Bukarest). And yes, Rio de Janerio and Sao Paolo (Brazil) also deserve a tour, however I think we all have accustomed ourselves that Brazil has been so often overlooked in the past and that "Come to Brazil" has become so expected, that we are not really surprised when Brazil is neglected. However I think it has also to do with the price, average tour ticket prices are rather expensive for Brazilian people , more affordable in Europe, and I heard that there are high taxes in Brazil and special tariffs on foreign stuff, this maybe explains why tours there are less worthwhile/profitable.

11 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

She can’t tour like she did in the Monster Ball. That’s probably and easy schedule. 

I don't expect Gaga to perform like an Olympics sports star, just wanna see her alive.:heart: Her background dancers can do the sports part. I think she could do more and longer breaks that could help her to get well with it. For example, a three weeks break or even months between two concerts. This would prolong the tour.

~We are Reel Cool~

Cruelty
14 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I wonder if there's some kind of algorithm they use to compare where her biggest markets are at and where the most profit would be made.

I'm sure she could sell out a stadium on any continent though :huh:

Idk, it'd be interesting to hear why these decisions are made from a business perspective.

Oh 100% there are algorithms.

The problem is, she can't really just go to Brazil/Australia/Japan, do one show and then go home. Shipping over a stage and an entire production costs millions, so she needs multiple dates on that continent to make the trip profitable. And that takes time and effort (especially when your star has chronic pain). Combine that with the uncertainties of the pandemic, plus the fact that Gaga's last Latin American tour wasn't exactly a roaring box office success, and it's understandable that the tour is a little scaled-down this time.

ARTGOD

No one is asking her to do a 100 date tour, we know that’s not good for her.

The fact that she’s doing stadiums is good because she can cover way more people with less shows.

The problem is that she always visits the same cities. So many international fans haven’t seen her live in a decade or maybe ever. There are so many cities with stadiums where she could sell out a show in a second because people are thirsty to see her.

The tour could’ve had a couple more dates in South America in places like Chile or Brazil. Fans over here go hard every time it comes to supporting her music but we have been paid dust since the BTW era ended.

It’s not the amount of dates, it’s the distribution. We could’ve had a version of the tour that was only slightly harder on her body but way more evenly distributed.

StarstruckIllusion

Anglo centric? Yes... but no small cities? Pls stadiums dont even exist there. I was shocked at the lack of Brazil dates... make it make sense... half her fans are like LatAm and tbh, I'm surprised they still are

Okinawa
18 minutes ago, Stupid Oreo said:

omg Arnhem is such an alpha major city:bear:

The Netherlands don't really have one single major city unlike France and the UK, it is polycentric and split into Amsterdam-Rotterdam-The Hague metro area, also called the Randstad metro area with about 8 million people. Arnheim is situated between the Randstad metro and the Rhein-Ruhr metro area (in Germany) , which has 10 mililon inhabitants. Actually I think, Arnheim is a very smart move and location because it is located between the two major urban areas of Rhein-Ruhr and Randstad. This is why I ALSO consider Arnheim to be an alpha major city (as a tour city) because it is a compromise of serving both Germany's and Holland's largest urban areas. Since Düsseldorf isn't far away either, I consider the Randstad-Rhein-Ruhr area to be served by two cities (Düsseldorf and Arnheim). But then, there is maybe too much focus on it?

~We are Reel Cool~

MessyTop
1 minute ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Anglo centric? Yes... but no small cities? Pls stadiums dont even exist there. I was shocked at the lack of Brazil dates... make it make sense... half her fans are like LatAm and tbh, I'm surprised they still are

I believe the problem with Latin America is the insurance, COVID restrictions and the long travel for her. She can’t go all the way to South America for 1 concert. She would have to do several countries and several dates, hence she can’t tour like before.

Schwerk

I love that she's coming to my country, but I would've skipped The Netherlands if I were her since the last few tours didn't sell that well and Arnhem is not as conveniently located for casual fans. 

Arnhem is pretty close to Dusseldorf. Hamburg would've made more sense to me for a German city, which is also quite close to Scandinavia, so Stockholm in that case could be skipped as well in favor of more southern countries. I expected Spain, Italy and Brazil on the list. Not all venues are available I guess as everyone is touring again.

South-America, Africa, Australia and Asia are probably not profitable enough? Which is such a shame cause most of fans seem to be in South-America and Asia. 

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Chromatica Island

I hope she does something like Artrave and livestreams the last one.

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

• River locked this topic

Archived