💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

July 26 (2022) - Arnhem, The Netherlands

Bat

Featured Posts

Neroneau

People had an amazing time watching jonkvrouw Gagagoola <3 the 2 star review is nothing really. He’s mad she sang too much chromatica songs like wth 🤣🤣🤣

it was a mad show, incredible, Gaga is something 🥹

pizzamick
19 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

The Netherlands is just so basic when it comes to music and entertainment.

"Doe maar normaal, dat is al gek genoeg"

It's a Dutch saying that translates to "Just be normal, that's crazy enough as is" and it completely encapsulates how Gaga is seen here :saladga:

Just wrote an email to them saying that it is pathetic to allow a 60yo white straight male to review a queer event that's a safe space for all of us. Of course he wouldn't understand **** of whats going on...

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 2
  • Sad 1

I have to admit, everyone around us was also annoyed she started at 21:00 instead of 20:30 which was communicated. In addition, I do think that most local/casual fans came for Shallow, ASIB was a huge hit but that's not something to be negative about.

The review also states it's an arena tour while it's a stadium tour.

I don't get the hate on the interludes, they are visual art and I much rather watch to an interlude than to nothing but a black screen like with Dua. Find it unnecessary and rude to compare this tour to the FN tour or Billies tour. They are completely different artist.

Edited by Bat
  • Like 4

We’re not going to change dutch reviewers, they’ve hated on her ever since she got big, it’s a cultural thing- hating on dramatic American antics- except if it’s an old white male (group) artist who has been around for 20+ years- because only then it’s iconic. The reviews that are in now are literal copies from the Born This Way Ball reviews from 2012 which I was pissed at at the time but now 10 years later and older I just have to laugh at the inability to recognise actual skill and talent when it’s right in front of you, after you’ve been a reviewer for years. It’s often so lazily written. - for instance in international reviews they’ll actually mention the designers of the outfits or Nick knight and they have people write who are aware of queer culture or cultural impact intersectional. In NL they don’t put in the effort for that kind of mentioning. They just use words like ‘weird’ and ‘overdone’ and ‘unclear’

https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2012/09/18/betekenisloos-spektakel-van-lady-gaga-in-ziggo-dome-alle-recensies-op-een-rij-a1441636

https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2014/09/25/van-nagenoeg-perfect-tot-platte-kermismuziek-en-viswijf-lady-gaga-in-ziggo-dome-a1502605

https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2016/10/21/lady-gaga-laveert-tussen-krolse-danskat-en-berustende-superster-4921483-a1527747

Edited by Noelle
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Mr Ricky
1 hour ago, Luc said:

You guys were right behind me for much of the queue but I was too shy to say hi lol :bradley:

Omg, just say Hi!! Too cute haha :kiss:

Crossfit

DpHitch1992
1 hour ago, Bat said:

I have to admit, everyone around us was also annoyed she started at 21:00 instead of 20:30

Same! The Door's opened at 18:00 

It wouldn't be so bad if there was as opening act but waiting 3 hours in a stadium for the show to start doesn't make sense to me. 

The show was amazing but I'm gonna get seat's next time. 

• Like 5

Ack1234
17 hours ago, darkgaga said:

So sad it is over! I had a blast though, and so happy my epilepsy didnt cause any trouble. Sadly the collegue I went with killed the mood a bit so next time I wont take her along anymore hahaha. And so jealous of all the amazing views people had. From where I was in the GC the stages were just a bit to low, even for someone of 184 cm high. Mainly looked at others hands/phones. 
but now really the post concert depression is kicking in…

Did you get the light up wrist bands if so where from ??

Sepsami
7 hours ago, GagaMyBlood95 said:

If you are tall or above average at least then YES!

If you are a bit smaller you might struggle with people around you since the stage is not that high

im a lilttle over 6 ft and my friend is over 6 ft with her boots on so werk :sis:

• YAAAS 1

Melissaxoxo
2 hours ago, 053Timo said:

I can see where you are coming from, but that doesn’t justify the two stars…

True! 2 stars is really nonsens.e For me personally, I would have given 4 stars. :D 

Melissaxoxo
1 hour ago, DpHitch1992 said:

Same! The Door's opened at 18:00 

It wouldn't be so bad if there was as opening act but waiting 3 hours in a stadium for the show to start doesn't make sense to me. 

So true! I sat down on the floor in the GC section & closed my eyes. Did a few powernaps because the waiting game was killing me. Anything would have been better in those hours than random techno (?) music... 

• Like 4

Schwerk
4 hours ago, Melissaxoxo said:

Tbh, there are some parts in the article that I understand... Especially the last alinea. It was amazing & saw her multiple times live. No one can't deny this while she was singing at the piano, you saw more real emotions than when she's singing on main stage. It's like she created some type of alter ego for this tour. I don't mean this in a negative way. However, I had GC EE & yess we spended the most money & waited the longest. She could have looked at us more than to the camera. She barely looked at the audience. 

I agree it's a shame she sings in the camera so much but I do get it connects her to the audience more in huge stadiums like Düsseldorf and Paris. But it was odd having her right in front of us during Free Woman in Paris and her not looking at us at all. 

I was hoping she wouldn't do this in Arnhem this much because the venue is half the size and I was right. Me and a bunch of OG Monsters were front row center and she focused on us a lot. She even gave my friend a shout out during Replay. Helps that we didn't have our camera's out and she saw some recognizable faces. Really felt like the Monster Ball times, She was connected and smiling and pointing at us, but not having to read page long letters. It was more subtle and intimate.

I think the GC was simply too full, they got greedy and sold too much and the view was bad because of the box stage so people all wanna stand in the middle. Then they raise their hands cause she asks or they hold up their phones and it's hard for her to make out people's faces to connect with. Also her main stage choreo is quite intense.

She stared me down constantly and it was really special because she was truly on fire. She can have this crazy intense look on her face that is scary but silly at the same time.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch
  • Like 6

DpHitch1992
32 minutes ago, Melissaxoxo said:

So true! I sat down on the floor in the GC section & closed my eyes. Did a few powernaps because the waiting game was killing me. Anything would have been better in those hours than random techno (?) 

I love that you had a power nap haha 

I was buzzing for my first Gaga show ( even though I have been a fan since JD)

3 hour's in a venue for the main act to start is a bit too much tbh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DpHitch1992 said:

Same for us if there's no opening act.

• Like 1

Melissaxoxo
52 minutes ago, DpHitch1992 said:

I love that you had a power nap haha 

I was buzzing for my first Gaga show ( even though I have been a fan since JD)

3 hour's in a venue for the main act to start is a bit too much tbh

HAHAHA YES, but in total I was waiting for 13 hours. So yeah those last 3 hours were too much haha. :P so nice to hear that this was your first concert! <3 

• Love 1

OnFireTheseDays
1 hour ago, Schwerk said:

I agree it's a shame she sings in the camera so much but I do get it connects her to the audience more in huge stadiums like Düsseldorf and Paris. But it was odd having her right in front of us during Free Woman in Paris and her not looking at us at all. 

I was hoping she wouldn't do this in Arnhem this much because the venue is half the size and I was right. Me and a bunch of OG Monsters were front row center and she focused on us a lot. She even gave my friend a shout out during Replay. Helps that we didn't have our camera's out and she saw some recognizable faces. Really felt like the Monster Ball times, She was connected and smiling and pointing at us, but not having to read page long letters. It was more subtle and intimate.

I think the GC was simply too full, they got greedy and sold too much and the view was bad because of the box stage so people all wanna stand in the middle. Then they raise their hands cause she asks or they hold up their phones and it's hard for her to make out people's faces to connect with. Also her main stage choreo is quite intense.

She stared me down constantly and it was really special because she was truly on fire. She can have this crazy intense look on her face that is scary but silly at the same time.

Cannot even begin to imagine what it must feel like for her to stare right at you :bradley: I don’t know what I’d do lol