Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

BTWB hits $161M*Top 2012 tours are revealed,Madonna on top*

Jjang

Featured Posts

Let Madonna have the top spot... she's been around for 30 years! Although I worry about her future tours due to her lateness every night hitting the stage. Luckily, I knew this in advance and didn't show up till 10:00. Besides, I thought the show was awesome. Gaga's obviously will be too. Always are! Gaga's spot for only being out for 4.5 years is pretty great if you ask me!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nick4bty

I think it's safe to say that it's only downhill from here for Madonna. She couldn't even crack $300 million this time around, and she will never, ever get back to her Sticky and Sweet record. With all the negative reviews and buzz surrounding this tour, I would be surprised to see her reach even this number again. But still, at almost $300 million, it's impressive.

Arturo

Congrats Madonna and Gaga :clap:

She could easily run it on to the end of March - I don't expect Tulsa on Mar 20th will be the last show.

I have a feeling the tour might end in early April

I think it's safe to say that it's only downhill from here for Madonna. She couldn't even crack $300 million this time around, and she will never, ever get back to her Sticky and Sweet record. With all the negative reviews and buzz surrounding this tour, I would be surprised to see her reach even this number again. But still, at almost $300 million, it's impressive.

Madonna played 52 shows in arena this time on 88 shows with an average of 2,6 million per single arena show, this is huge. Gaga normaly gross aroud 1,5 million per single arena show. The average gross of MDNA Tour's stadium shows is $5,2 million. If Madonna made a stadium tour this time, she could gross more than $400 million too. Arena shows gross less than stadium show. And 98% of the North American leg was sold-out after one month on sale, so she could made easily a stadium tour in USA this year. The only reason she gross less than the S&ST it's because she made more arena shows.

nick4bty

Madonna played 52 shows in arena this time on 88 shows with an average of 2,6 million per single arena show, this is huge. Gaga normaly gross aroud 1,5 million per single arena show. The average gross of MDNA Tour's stadium shows is $5,2 million. If Madonna made a stadium tour this time, she could gross more than $400 million too. Arena shows gross less than stadium show. And 98% of the North American leg was sold-out after one month on sale, so she could made easily a stadium tour in USA this year. The only reason she gross less than the S&ST it's because she made more arena shows.

She had to do arenas because there was no way she could sell out stadiums this time around.

Point is, with MDNA have pretty much flopped worldwide, a smaller tour, Madonna seems to have reached her peak. Unless she can reverse her fortunes with a successful single or, you know, good songs on her next album, it seems to be a downward trend from here on out.

She had to do arenas because there was no way she could sell out stadiums this time around.

Point is, with MDNA have pretty much flopped worldwide, a smaller tour, Madonna seems to have reached her peak. Unless she can reverse her fortunes with a successful single or, you know, good songs on her next album, it seems to be a downward trend from here on out.

This is the story of Madonna's carreer, when we think she's over, she comeback with a successfull album. Back in 2003/04, with her American Life album, with sales of 3.5 million and a $120 million grossing tour. Two years later, in 2005, she released Confessions On a Dance Floor with 11 million copies sold and a $200 million world tour. And for the MDNA Tour in USA, she sold out two Yankee Stadium in 2 months with 80,000 tickets sold, and sold out a open air field in Quebec City with 75,000 people in one hour. I think Madonna will surprised us one again.

The average is in the 20,000's for Gaga,not 31K.

The 31.6K is Gaga's average attendence per city. She did on average 1.6 shows/city so that's 20K per show, but I think attendance per city is the more important measure, since it shows how many people in total wanted to attend from that city/area. Apart from the greater effort of doing more shows, 4 shows of 20K in an arena is the same value as 1 show of 80K in a stadium.

I don't think that's true, with the way tickets sold out so fast after the Superbowl she could have easily done more stadiums. It was probably hard to book a lot of them though due to the fact that she was touring during football season when stadiums are mostly in use.

I agree that she has already peeked touring with Sticky & Sweet Tour but even at her lowest she'll still be way bigger than most at their best. Gaga should start to do smaller tours like Madonna does so she doesn't burn herself out doing these extensive tours and exhausting the same areas over and over again every year. Either way, both tours have done amazing.

Really is that the update $160m? Oh no... I was hoping for at least $180m...

It ended up being over that, but at the time of making they didn't have the Latin America - Africa - Europe II dates. :toofunny:

nick4bty

I don't think that's true, with the way tickets sold out so fast after the Superbowl she could have easily done more stadiums. It was probably hard to book a lot of them though due to the fact that she was touring during football season when stadiums are mostly in use.

I agree that she has already peeked touring with Sticky & Sweet Tour but even at her lowest she'll still be way bigger than most at their best. Gaga should start to do smaller tours like Madonna does so she doesn't burn herself out doing these extensive tours and exhausting the same areas over and over again every year. Either way, both tours have done amazing.

True.

But you brought up another point I didn't even consider - how well would the tour had sold if she didn't do the Superbowl?

Madonna always cleverly finds a way to stay on top. Even though her album her flopped, her tour was a huge success.

True.

But you brought up another point I didn't even consider - how well would the tour had sold if she didn't do the Superbowl?

Madonna always cleverly finds a way to stay on top. Even though her album her flopped, her tour was a huge success.

Super Bowl was only watched at 90% in USA/Canada. People in Latin America, Middle/East, Estern and Southern Europe don't watch it. So she sold A LOT of tickets only with a flopped album and an American show.

She will finish her BTWB with a gross revenue around $230 million.

True.

I think she would have done the same internationally, but I think if she didn't do the Superbowl and put the tickets up for sale right after it she would not have had such an expansive or successful NA leg. Wasn't this the most dates she's ever done in NA on tour? Putting the tickets for sale after the Superbowl was the best decision of the MDNA era to be honest.

I think she would have done the same internationally, but I think if she didn't do the Superbowl and put the tickets up for sale right after it she would not have had such an expansive or successful NA leg. Wasn't this the most dates she's ever done in NA on tour? Putting the tickets for sale after the Superbowl was the best decision of the MDNA era to be honest.

For sure. With only 43 shows, she sold 700,000 tickets and gross $120M. So huge. I read somewhere that this is one of the most highest-grossing tour in North America's history. Gaga will probably sold over 550,000 tickets with 39 shows and gross around $70M. This is huge too. Gaga and Madonna are two of the most profitable female artist right now.

Archived