Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
politics

Putin invades Ukraine

Magic Mike

Featured Posts

bionic
41 minutes ago, Magui said:

Nothing can be done... it's a shame.

I was listening some  journalist talking on TV. Russia will occupie the territory very soon. My question is what happens after? Ukraine will loose their government? Russia will nominate someone to rule Ukraine? It's unbelievable... I'm just in disbelief.

A placeholder government will be installed, rigged elections will be held, then Poutin's puppet will 'lead' the country

buy bionic
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FfFfFfFF

• AnnaNicoleSmith

• PartySick

• Teletubby

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

⬆️(He’s the Ukrainian Foreign Affairs Minister) United Nations secretary-general António Guterres has made a direct plea to Russian present Putin, saying: “In the name of humanity bring your troo

omg. This is so damn frustrating...war in Europe...never thought our generation would witness this. Praying for Ukraine and the people there and I am praying this is not a bloody long lasting war...go

Gabi001

I've seen on facebook that radiaton has suddenly increased in Chernobyl area during last hour, can someone confirm it? :air:

Edited by Gabi001
I'm not having fun tonight.
  • Shook 3
Teletubby

Reveals when?? Results when?? Do we have all submissions?? Do we have all votes?? Am I winning??
  • Shook 4
  • Sad 11
FfFfFfFF
39 minutes ago, Magui said:

Nothing can be done... it's a shame.

I was listening some  journalist talking on TV. Russia will occupie the territory very soon. My question is what happens after? Ukraine will loose their government? Russia will nominate someone to rule Ukraine? It's unbelievable... I'm just in disbelief.

If the whole of Ukraine is captured, these are the main scenarios

- Ukraine will more or less retain its current borders and be turned into a puppet state like Belarus / it will be federalised or broken up in some way

- Russia annexes huge chunks of territory (lands east of the Dniper, the South-East, Black Sea coast), but allows Western Ukraine to exist as an independent entity 

- Russia incoporates the entire Ukraine into its territory, perhaps even Transnistria, bordering 8 NATO members

I think the second option is what will happen. 

• Shook 1
moonsago
2 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

I have a question about this... sorry, I keep coming with the questions in this thread... do men that left the country already as refugees have to go back to serve as well in situations like this? Are they being called back or something, can they be punished still for not participating? This is more of a general question I guess, not just in regards to this instance. 

FfFfFfFF
5 minutes ago, Gabi001 said:

I've seen on facebook that radiaton has suddenly increased in Chernobyl area during last hour, can someone confirm it? :air:

While the radiation levels increased, they are still too low to pose a significant danger. If a person was detected with a radiation level like the ones detected they would not be allowed to leave the exclusion zone but would still be overall healthy.

• Thanks 1
FfFfFfFF
2 minutes ago, moonsago said:

I have a question about this... sorry, I keep coming with the questions in this thread... do men that left the country already as refugees have to go back to serve as well in situations like this? Are they being called back or something, can they be punished still for not participating? This is more of a general question I guess, not just in regards to this instance. 

I think that the worst thing that could happen to the them is that they may face prison time if they go back to Ukraine, but if they are on another country's soil and don't want to go back, nothing will happen.

Magui
3 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

If the whole of Ukraine is captured, these are the main scenarios

- Ukraine will more or less retain its current borders and be turned into a puppet state like Belarus / it will be federalised or broken up in some way

- Russia annexes huge chunks of territory (lands east of the Dniper, the South-East, Black Sea coast), but allows Western Ukraine to exist as an independent entity 

- Russia incoporates the entire Ukraine into its territory, perhaps even Transnistria, bordering 8 NATO members

I think the second option is what will happen. 

I kept watching theses journalists talking debating and mentioned more or so what you said... They kept talking about how strong the national feeling regarding Ukrainians is, cause they are on their own, how much can they fight... that could change the way Russia will take the country. But honestly, the difference it's so big, like what can they do? At some point the country will be more damaged every day more people will die and suffer....like there's no point :ohno:. But for some reason I always saw Ukraine like a more democratic country than Bieloruss (i know that that there's many shitty things happening there), or maybe just the east side is more democratic, honestly idk. And now they will need to abide even more. 

You're probably right cause regardless, there's to many Ukrainians hating Russia right now, i don't know how could Putin dominated everyone with rigged elections, but everything is possible with him, he simply can do as he wishes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
FfFfFfFF

There are Russian ships in Romania's EEZ - however, they are not a threat to Romania's territorial integrity. Countries are allowed to send ships in a country's EEZ because EEZs only imply the right to explore underwater energy reserves. The surface of the sea doesn't belong to any nation.

https://www.antena3.ro/actualitate/trei-nave-militare-rusia-zona-exclusiva-romania-marea-neagra-630354.html

Runway

imagine losing your country in a matter of days because some lunatic decided he wants to own even more land :eww:

• Shook 2
  • Sad 1
Emvee
1 hour ago, lavender blonde said:

No offence to you personally, because I guess you're just uninformed and American, but what you wrote is just stupid and ignorant. Did you really find out who Putin really is ONLY TODAY???

In recent years Russia (Putin) has:

- invaded Crimea, so called Donetsk People's Republic and Luhansk People's Republic (in Ukraine), before that Euromaidan happened (pro-West Ukrainian citizens vs. pro-Russia and Russia supported Ukraine president)

- invaded Georgia's regions South Ossetia and Abkhazia and annexed them

- War in Chechnya (Chechnya's in Russia now)

- Moldova/Transnistria conflict (Transnistria annexed)

- unofficial annexation of Belarus (from what former Belarusan diplomats living in Poland say, Belarusan Army is ruled by a Russian general now and Russia took over it completely, what is no suprising at all since we know that Russia attacks Ukraine also from Belarusan side)

- Violence against LGBTQ+ people including concentration camps for gay men in Chechnya

- Russia also had its part in recent Nagorno-Karabakh conflict in Armenia

- corrective colonies for opposition politicians and activists

Do you read the news sometimes? :selena:

By the way, f*ck Germany, Hungary, Cyprus and Italy for vetoing excluding Russia from SWIFT system today. It would be the scarriest sanction for Russia. And thank God that Biden won the election last year. No one has done so much for the eastern flank of NATO. When I hear this orange piece of sh*t talking about not sending any troops to Eastern Europe or calling Putin "genius" and "savvy" I JUST WANT TO SCREAM :patrizia:

And to any Ukrainian Little Monsters here: You will find help in Poland, if needed. We have special points for refugees at border crossings. We will take care of you and your families if there's such need :heart:

Yeah, obviously, I was extremely uninformed on this subject before. I don’t pay attention to geopolitics. I have a very vague memory of the Crimean annexation and I had no idea about those other conflicts. Thanks for pointing out how ignorant I sound. In hindsight, I shouldn’t have commented at all. 

Edited by Eriq
  • Love 1
FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, Magui said:

I kept watching theses journalists talking debating and mentioned more or so what you said... They kept talking about how strong the national feeling regarding Ukrainians is, cause they are on their own, how much can they fight... that could change the way Russia will take the country. But honestly, the difference it's so big, like what can they do? At some point the country will be more damaged every day more people will die and suffer....like there's no point :ohno:. But for some reason I always saw Ukraine like a more democratic country than Bieloruss (i know that that there's many shitty things happening there), or maybe just the east side is more democratic, honestly idk. And now they will need to abide even more. 

You're probably right cause regardless, there's to many Ukrainians hating Russia right now, i don't know how could Putin dominated everyone with rigged elections, but everything is possible with him, he simply can do as he wishes.

A secondary effect of this invasion is that Ukrainians will absolutely hate Russia with all their guts. There will be no more Slavic brotherhood, the Russian regime will be seen as the ones that bombed their cities and killed innocent peoples. This will be a complete alienation of 44M people against the invading force. I read somewhere that Russia can barely contain Checknya with a few million peoples, how will they subdue an entire resentful and vindicative nation of almost 50M?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
Magui
3 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

There are Russian ships in Romania's EEZ - however, they are not a threat to Romania's territorial integrity. Countries are allowed to send ships in a country's EEZ because EEZs only imply the right to explore underwater energy reserves. The surface of the sea doesn't belong to any nation.

https://www.antena3.ro/actualitate/trei-nave-militare-rusia-zona-exclusiva-romania-marea-neagra-630354.html

Honestly Romania's luck and other countries is that they integrate NATO... otherwise even them would be at risk. I never thought about it, you know, the importance of being on NATO (stupid of me). It's a shitty world you know, and the ones that aren't powerful enough are screwed in a matter of hours. I'm just deeply sad for the people there. 

• Like 1
lavender blonde
7 minutes ago, Eriq said:

Yeah, obviously, I was extremely uninformed on this subject before. I don’t pay attention to geopolitics. I have a very vague memory of the Crimean annexation and I had no idea about those other conflicts. Thanks for pointing out how ignorant I sound. In hindsight, I shouldn’t have commented at all. 

Don't worry! We all don't know it all! It's ok :kara:

FfFfFfFF
10 minutes ago, Magui said:

Honestly Romania's luck and other countries is that they integrate NATO... otherwise even them would be at risk. I never thought about it, you know, the importance of being on NATO (stupid of me). It's a shitty world you know, and the ones that aren't powerful enough are screwed in a matter of hours. I'm just deeply sad for the people there. 

Romania being a NATO member is what makes me feel safe. Such a shame Moldova and Ukraine weren't as quick as the Baltics and the former Warsaw Pact countries to join. They were undecided for too long and now pay a very unfortunate price.

Surprisingly, it's said that Romania's openness towards the West and vice versa are the merit of Romania's last communist president, Nicolae Ceaușescu, the one killed during the 1989 Revolution. I am glad him & the presidents that followed him did the right things so we can be safe now.

Edited by FfFfFfFF
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Magic Mike changed the title to Putin invades Ukraine