Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
politics

Putin invades Ukraine

Magic Mike

Featured Posts

Dojo
46 minutes ago, Christopher Rolas said:

[update]
And now China is claiming Taiwan as their own, warfare aircrafts and everything, all the media focused on the conflict in Ukraine, neither the OTAN and neither the media can properly focus in two different conflicts happening at the same time. Now I think this terrorism display by Putin has the intention of gloss over what China is doing.  What a mess!

receipts and also this needs another thread. start it sis 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FfFfFfFF

• AnnaNicoleSmith

• PartySick

• Teletubby

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

⬆️(He’s the Ukrainian Foreign Affairs Minister) United Nations secretary-general António Guterres has made a direct plea to Russian present Putin, saying: “In the name of humanity bring your troo

omg. This is so damn frustrating...war in Europe...never thought our generation would witness this. Praying for Ukraine and the people there and I am praying this is not a bloody long lasting war...go

The 2020’s decade has brought out the worst qualities in humans.  

mdvdyk
2 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Sumy is now under military occupation, but it was taken without fighting.

I unfortunaly see more major cities to be occupied one by one.

Unfortunately they are fighting right now… 

• Shook 1
  • Sad 1
TimisaMonster
51 minutes ago, Christopher Rolas said:

It took me time to realize but now I can see what Putin's doing here,
Terrorism,  "give me your territories or else I boom you", he's trying to blackmail the Ukrainian government by displaying his weapons to them, targeting missiles to low populated areas trying not to kill people but causing as many damage as posible, weakening Ukraine. This way the NATO don't have a "valid" reasons to respond the same way to his attacks (diplomatic sh*t, you know). And it seems more complex than I thought.
But it's terrorism after all. 

[update]
And now China is claiming Taiwan as their own, warfare aircrafts and everything, all the media focused on the conflict in Ukraine, neither the OTAN and neither the media can properly focus in two different conflicts happening at the same time. Now I think this terrorism display by Putin has the intention of gloss over what China is doing.  What a mess!

I was just thinking this last night...while the world is currently distracted by Russia...other countries like China and North Korea can see this as an opportunity to slip under the veil and wreak havoc on their enemies...this has emboldened all the other totalitarian leaders of the world :saladga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!
Magui

I'm not commenting on many stuff lately. 

I just want to say that my heart breaks for Ucrain. It's a feeling of sadness and impotence to watch what is happening right now. I don't know if there's anyone from Ukraine here, try to stay safe and strong, i don't know what the future for you guys will be, try to stay positive. I just whish that that something can help you, that the ones that are in power can do something. I can't not count the times my eyes filled with tears today. Stay strong and safe the best way you can. 

• Love 2
FfFfFfFF

Russia occupied the Snake Island (former Romanian territory).

FMY6tHBXMAMcgfs?format=jpg&name=large

It seems that one of Russia's main goals is to take control of Ukraine's Black Sea coast.

• Shook 3
  • Sad 1
moonsago

I don’t know much about war but I don’t understand this whole ‘occupied’, ‘claimed’, ‘taken control’ talk... just because they arrived in a place that means its theirs? Wouldn’t there be a fight unfortunatily to decide who ‘wins’ those places? Cause if not then wtf, are they about to have the country in like 3 days? 

Magic Mike
4 minutes ago, moonsago said:

are they about to have the country in like 3 days?

Captura-de-ecra-2022-02-24-a-s-9-44-48-P

• Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 2
FfFfFfFF
13 minutes ago, moonsago said:

I don’t know much about war but I don’t understand this whole ‘occupied’, ‘claimed’, ‘taken control’ talk... just because they arrived in a place that means its theirs? Wouldn’t there be a fight unfortunatily to decide who ‘wins’ those places? Cause if not then wtf, are they about to have the country in like 3 days? 

Military occupation (related to terms such as taken control of, occupied) implies that Russian military is there and rules over a certain geographic area or settlement. If Russian tanks are present in a major city (with no opposition) that city is considered occupied, and if Russian tanks are marching over a place with no opossition, the surrounding area is considered under military occupation by Russia. Most of the time there battles are happening over a frontline, which is the line that demarcates what belongs to what country. I assume at this point this is the case. Military administration is the opossite of civil administration, and is only temporary. 

On the other hand, terms such as 'claimed' are related to formalities, such as the areas that and entity consider it belongs to itself, for instance, Luhansk and Donetsk claim portions of territory controlled by Ukraine. Only on paper (though they might eventually want to also occupy them). Another exemple - there are many countries claiming portions of Antarctica, yet nobody really owns it.

Edited by FfFfFfFF
  • Thanks 1
FfFfFfFF
19 minutes ago, Magic Mike said:

What an utter disaster would be for Kiev to fall barely in the second day. :( This would send such a threatening message to all the smaller countries like Moldova or Georgia - as in, Russia can show up to your borders and occupy your capital in 36 hours. On one hand, fast wars are good because they mean less casualities, on the other hand it's just dangerously effortless. From this point of view, the war needs to last longer so Russia won't feel invincible (even if they win).

• Shook 1
  • Sad 1
lavender blonde
17 hours ago, Eriq said:

I’ve always given Russia the benefit of the doubt and considered all the hoopla to be US propaganda, but today they’ve shown who they really are. 

edit: y’all weird for lmaoing. Do you support this invasion or something? 

No offence to you personally, because I guess you're just uninformed and American, but what you wrote is just stupid and ignorant. Did you really find out who Putin really is ONLY TODAY???

In recent years Russia (Putin) has:

- invaded Crimea, so called Donetsk People's Republic and Luhansk People's Republic (in Ukraine), before that Euromaidan happened (pro-West Ukrainian citizens vs. pro-Russia and Russia supported Ukraine president)

- invaded Georgia's regions South Ossetia and Abkhazia and annexed them

- War in Chechnya (Chechnya's in Russia now)

- Moldova/Transnistria conflict (Transnistria annexed)

- unofficial annexation of Belarus (from what former Belarusan diplomats living in Poland say, Belarusan Army is ruled by a Russian general now and Russia took over it completely, what is no suprising at all since we know that Russia attacks Ukraine also from Belarusan side)

- Violence against LGBTQ+ people including concentration camps for gay men in Chechnya

- Russia also had its part in recent Nagorno-Karabakh conflict in Armenia

- corrective colonies for opposition politicians and activists

Do you read the news sometimes? :selena:

By the way, f*ck Germany, Hungary, Cyprus and Italy for vetoing excluding Russia from SWIFT system today. It would be the scarriest sanction for Russia. And thank God that Biden won the election last year. No one has done so much for the eastern flank of NATO. When I hear this orange piece of sh*t talking about not sending any troops to Eastern Europe or calling Putin "genius" and "savvy" I JUST WANT TO SCREAM :patrizia:

And to any Ukrainian Little Monsters here: You will find help in Poland, if needed. We have special points for refugees at border crossings. We will take care of you and your families if there's such need :heart:

• Like 10
Mother of Puppies
13 hours ago, PartySick said:

That's the thing, they're not energy independent at all. The US gets 11% of its imports from Russia, we can do without, but Europe literally can't unless they find some miracle answer.

It's f*cked but...I think Putin gets away with this...for now. Until he's stupid enough to touch a NATO member. Then it's war.

this is what worries me... it makes me sick to my stomach :green: as if Covid wasn't enough already. :omg:

You can call me Lady MOP
  • Love 1
Magui
1 hour ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Military occupation (related to terms such as taken control of, occupied) implies that Russian military is there and rules over a certain geographic area or settlement. If Russian tanks are present in a major city (with no opposition) that city is considered occupied, and if Russian tanks are marching over a place with no opossition, the surrounding area is considered under military occupation by Russia. Most of the time there battles are happening over a frontline, which is the line that demarcates what belongs to what country. I assume at this point this is the case. Military administration is the opossite of civil administration, and is only temporary. 

On the other hand, terms such as 'claimed' are related to formalities, such as the areas that and entity consider it belongs to itself, for instance, Luhansk and Donetsk claim portions of territory controlled by Ukraine. Only on paper (though they might eventually want to also occupy them). Another exemple - there are many countries claiming portions of Antarctica, yet nobody really owns it.

Nothing can be done... it's a shame.

I was listening some  journalist talking on TV. Russia will occupie the territory very soon. My question is what happens after? Ukraine will loose their government? Russia will nominate someone to rule Ukraine? It's unbelievable... I'm just in disbelief.

• Like 1
  • Shook 2
JusKeepBreathin
41 minutes ago, dojo said:

the difference is abysmal

And people wonder why America spends so much on our Military. 

If we didn't we'd be crushed. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Thanks 5
  • Magic Mike changed the title to Putin invades Ukraine